Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice (948 Views)

To All Programmers, Today Is My Birthday! / A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) / All Programmers Are Self Taught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by blackson: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ive always been curious about programming though i have not had the courage to voice out im a UNIBEN Electrical/Ekectronics engineering student based i Abuja would love to Learn programming not as a source of income but just to add to my knowledge, Would welcome any form of assistance whatsoever still contemplating between C++ and Java, its co confusing would really need advice as a begineer and also a path,
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by BigStar1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
for a newbie java is not a starting point.
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by blackson: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ bigstar if that be the case where is a good start?
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by blacksta(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
Big Star:

for a newbie java is not a starting point.

Big lie
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by dueal(m): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
!
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by dueal(m): 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
@poster. There is no single path to follow to becoming a programmer, but like ever other field of knowledge u need 2 ingredients.
1. Curiousity. &
2. Determination.
My advice take,it or leave it , is to start with HTML coding and move up to Javascript. Good luck.
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by profits1: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2009
@poster, good idea to learn programming, start from somewhere, dont rely on this is good or not, dont hesitate to read old threads here on different programming languages, then you contact the originators of the post based on their ability, they may put you through

I know one dhtml here that is good, though he is always deleting my post as a moderator lol
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by Obiakara: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2009
As a beginner, I will advice you to start with VB.net cos OOP is much easier to start with
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by ngel0v3(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2009
Python is quite easier to start with than Java (my personal preference though). It is better inclined towards being Natural language like your normal English than Java. The final decision is yours. Perhaps you should rather check it out? cheesy
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by BigStar1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
blacksta:

Big lie
tell me how?
imagine what others that know what i'm saying say about it.

@poster I startes my own with QBASIC now i know where i am.
Benefit of starting with QBASIC:
To me i discover it makes me very vast in code since it's just command and command alone.
But i discovered that many ppl arround me that wants to start learning programming with oop spend most of the time on design. As such, they are not as good in coding as expected.
best of luck.
you can call me for advice 08060678106. 08052451877
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by Phemzy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2009
@Poster

Start with Python
Re: Calling On All Programmers A Brother Needs Advice by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2009
it is obvious that java is harder compared to python

I have tried both and i expect anyone with experiences working with both to recommend python for beginners
python is like english language, a non-programmer can read the codes and tell what it does (in most cases)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Mobile: Apps Developer's Contest / Coding Standards / Pathfinding And Haptic Feedback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.