Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Garden Egg Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Garden Egg Sauce (2173 Views)

I Was Served Groundnuts, Garden Egg, Coke, Sweet At A Wedding Today Pics / Garden Egg Sauce With Boiled Unripe Plantain / "I Found Garden-Egg In The Eggroll I Bought In Aba" - Young Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garden Egg Sauce by mindboggler: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Today's recipe is a very nutritional one and it's made with your everyday normal garden egg. Could be the white ones or the green ones but I used the white ones for this recipe. Am sure a lot of people never knew that you could actually make sauces and stews with it. I thought so too till I came across this recipe and I was like Wooow! So don't just buy garden egg and eat with groundnut or ose oji (that thick brown paste for eating garden eggs), try out this recipe I want to share and you'll be glad you did.

Ingredients:
Garden eggs
Red oil
Crayfish
Ogiri okpei, ogiri isi (igbo) or Dawadawa
Pepper
Scent leaves
Smoked fish
Seasoning
Salt
Water

Method 1
Remove the stalk from the garden eggs, wash and grind them in a blender. Grind thoroughly to form a smooth paste then set your red oil on fire. Heat it till it's bleached or if you prefer just heat it till it's hot. I like to bleach it because it gives a different taste from the ordinary hot red oil.
Add the blended garden eggs and fry till most of the water in it is dried up. Wash the smoked fish with warm water and salt and add to the sauce. Add a little water to it to adjust the thickness to your preference then add your ground crayfish, okpei, pepper, seasoning and salt. Lastly add the scented leaves and allow to simmer for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
You can serve with boiled yam, plantain or rice.

Method 2
Boil the garden eggs till it cooks well and becomes soft. Peel off the light back from it and discard. Pound the garden eggs in a mortar or just use your blender. When a smooth paste is formed, put it in a pot and boil. Add a little water, red oil, okpei, pepper, smoked fish, crayfish and the scented leaves and seasoning.
(I have to state that I don't use smoked fish, crayfish and the scented leaves when I prepare the sauce using this second method.)

Method 3
The only extra ingredient here is fresh tomatoes. Use the first method here but fry the garden eggs and tomatoes together. The taste is mind blowing!

Re: Garden Egg Sauce by ariesbull: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
mindboggler:

Today's recipe is a very nutritional one and it's made with your everyday normal garden egg. Could be the white ones or the green ones but I used the white ones for this recipe. Am sure a lot of people never knew that you could actually make sauces and stews with it. I thought so too till I came across this recipe and I was like Wooow! So don't just buy garden egg and eat with groundnut or ose oji (that thick brown paste for eating garden eggs), try out this recipe I want to share and you'll be glad you did.

Ingredients:
Garden eggs
Red oil
Crayfish
Ogiri okpei, ogiri isi (igbo) or Dawadawa
Pepper
Scent leaves
Smoked fish
Seasoning
Salt
Water

Method 1
Remove the stalk from the garden eggs, wash and grind them in a blender. Grind thoroughly to form a smooth paste then set your red oil on fire. Heat it till it's bleached or if you prefer just heat it till it's hot. I like to bleach it because it gives a different taste from the ordinary hot red oil.
Add the blended garden eggs and fry till most of the water in it is dried up. Wash the smoked fish with warm water and salt and add to the sauce. Add a little water to it to adjust the thickness to your preference then add your ground crayfish, okpei, pepper, seasoning and salt. Lastly add the scented leaves and allow to simmer for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
You can serve with boiled yam, plantain or rice.

Method 2
Boil the garden eggs till it cooks well and becomes soft. Peel off the light back from it and discard. Pound the garden eggs in a mortar or just use your blender. When a smooth paste is formed, put it in a pot and boil. Add a little water, red oil, okpei, pepper, smoked fish, crayfish and the scented leaves and seasoning.
(I have to state that I don't use smoked fish, crayfish and the scented leaves when I prepare the sauce using this second method.)

Method 3
The only extra ingredient here is fresh tomatoes. Use the first method here but fry the garden eggs and tomatoes together. The taste is mind blowing!

What is this ? It looks like dog food

Which tribe eats this

1 Like

Re: Garden Egg Sauce by nuelzy: 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
ariesbull:

What is this ? It looks like dog food

Which tribe eats this
fool

1 Like

Re: Garden Egg Sauce by ariesbull: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2016
Pls why the insult ...did your parents and raise youbwith insults

I just asked a question...this looks like dog food
nuelzy:
fool
Re: Garden Egg Sauce by Jochebed7(f): 10:49am On Feb 16, 2016
nice
Re: Garden Egg Sauce by Mprex(f): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2016
i make mine with groundnut oil and i add egg to it
simply yummy
Re: Garden Egg Sauce by Flexherbal(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2016
This is why some men can't just leave their wives. After such food, you are supposed to give her a big thank you. You know what I mean.
Re: Garden Egg Sauce by jantavanta(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2016
mindboggler:

Today's recipe is a very nutritional one and it's made with your everyday normal garden egg. .........................
.............................................................................................................................................................................
Method 3

This method brings out a sweeter taste, when cooked vegan (no meat/fish/eggs) style.

(1) (Reply)

Quick And Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Children / To Lose Weight / Health Benefits Of This Tea ( See The Proven Pix )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.