Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty (3470 Views)

28,600 Toyota C-HR Recalled Due To Faulty Electric Brake / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 3:15am On Feb 16, 2016
i have been driving a friend's Infinity M35x for like a week Now,
It has 3.5L 303 hp VQ35HR V6

Now based on performance This Engine is faster than Toyota's 2gr-fe (faster than v6 venza by far) ,3mz-fe or Even Honda's J30 or the j32 Sport in the acura's or the J35 08 -16 accord's,
I mean it's performs like a v8 makes me remember me remember the Dodge charger

But she guzzles fuel Makes me wonder if it's faulty or the fuel is leaking, Car performs perfect No trouble codes,
with manual calculation i get like 11-12mpg
On board computer Says 10.1mpg

Tho i drive this car with a heavyfoot, The performance is superb but it shouldn't be that bad on Gas For a V6
Buying the fuel is not the wahala but is the car fine?

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by kingreign(m): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2016
Readonee35L:

Now based on performance This Engine is faster than Toyota's 2gr-fe (faster than my venza by far) ,3mz-fe or Even Honda's J30 or the j32 Sport in the acura's or the J35 08 -16 accord's,
I mean it's performs like a v8 makes me remember my dodge charger,

But she guzzles fuel Makes me wonder if it's faulty or the fuel is leaking, Car performs perfect No trouble codes,

Tho i drive this car with a heavyfoot, The performance is superb but it shouldn't be that bad on Gas For a V6

Why would you compare a sports sedan to a full sized station wagon in speed?
Well have you forgotten that infiniti is Japanese BMW?
It's normal for infiniti to gulp fuel.
My QX4 was a perfect example.

1 Like

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
i guess the fact that you are using regular fuel is worsening the matter. most performance oriented engines are designed to use premium fuel which is not readily available here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
kingreign:

Why would you compare a sports sedan to a full sized station wagon in speed?
Well have you forgotten that infiniti is Japanese BMW?
It's normal for infiniti to gulp fuel.
My QX4 was a perfect example.
What are you saying
Okay Let's Balance it,
a 2010 Camry Se V6 With 2GR-FE also produces 268HP like the Venza
But does it mean this Camry SE v6 will Outrun The M35X Because it's also sport sedan
No Toyota V6 sedan is a Match For Nissan's V6.

As for that saying It's normal for infiniti to gulp fuel Is Totally wrong,
what makes an infinity different from other car's , i have driven a maxima 05 with vq35 in the past and i know other nissan's also share that engine so why do you think The infinity should be gulping and the other one's being normal
10mpg to 13-mpg is not proper for a v6 no matter how bad it want's to gulp
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 17, 2016
Somehow the M is just never suited to short city stop-and-go driving. Even at the best of times I think the manual states 18mpg or thereabout. And even though the M35 shares the same VQ35 engine platform with the Maxima, they're miles apart hp-wise; so don't expect same level of fuel consumption. Don't know how many mileage your M has, but if over 105k miles you could do with a change of plugs and regular filter change. Maybe the O2 sensors too, provided they're oem. These may give you some marginal improvement. When on the interstate I get as low as 10litre/100kilometres in my M45, but the moment I nudge Lagos there's a palpable increase to as high as 23litres/100kilometres. (I prefer metric to imperial measurements).

2 Likes

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Olisa4all: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
Was this issue ever resolved?
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Olisa4all:
Was this issue ever resolved?

Hmmmm.
There's no issue to resolve oh.
Moreover there are no fault codes and the car runes just fine, O2sensors and Catalyctic converters are present .
So it's either the car is just a thirsty car or something is wrong, because the consumption is very very high for a m35x .
It's a result of low octane fuel tho
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Olisa4all: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
W0W, reviews show the average fuel consumption should be 18mpg, so something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by bravolad(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
Readonee35L:

Hmmmm.
There's no issue to resolve oh.
We did a full tune up, plugs e.t.c
Moreover there are no fault codes and the car runes just fine, O2sensors and Catalyctic converters are present .
So it's either the car is just a thirsty car or something is wrong, because the consumption is very very high for a m35x v6, what if it's the m45x v8 it's gonna use 5liter for 5minutes??

The quality of the fuel imported into the country is terribly poor. Use octane boosters to see if there would be any improvements. I feel the culprit is the fuel quality.
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by kingreign(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Readonee35L:

Now based on performance This Engine is faster than Toyota's 2gr-fe (faster than my venza by far) ,3mz-fe or Even Honda's J30 or the j32 Sport in the acura's or the J35 08 -16 accord's,
I mean it's performs like a v8 makes me remember my dodge charger,

Okay okay okay... take out time to read your live data. Then do a tune up of your car.
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Enyimbamercedes: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Readonee35L:

I mean it's performs like a[b]v8 makes me remember my dodge charger[/b],

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Olisa4all: 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
kingreign:

Okay okay okay... take out time to read your live data. Then do a tune up of your car.
He did that, no improvement still
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by kingreign(m): 6:35am On Mar 26, 2016
Olisa4all:

He did that, no improvement still
If na so, he should check his cats system. I suspect something fishy going on in there.
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2016
kingreign:

If na so, he should check his cats system. I suspect something fishy going on in there.
My friend his back and he has taken his car back, he told me it wasn't like that before. But he said he'd take it somewhere
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Olisa4all: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Readonee35L:

My friend his back and he has taken his car back, he told me it wasn't like that before. But he said he'd take it somewhere
Ive got the same issue, wanna remove the cat,do a straight through pipe with O2 spacers and see the result cos right now the fumes from the exhaust arent evenly distributed, the left side is more than the right side and there's no Service Engine Soon light
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Olisa4all:

Ive got the same issue, wanna remove the cat,do a straight through pipe with O2 spacers and see the result cos right now the fumes from the exhaust arent evenly distributed, the left side is more than the right side and there's no Service Engine Soon light
Ehnehn
Do you have a m35/m35x or m45x
You can try running it through a straight pipe with o2 spacers , But your gonna have a different exhaust sound but am sure it's gonna be cool
Don't destroy the Cats during the process of deleting it so that you can install it again if needed .
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Olisa4all: 10:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
Yh, I'll try not to, hoping to hear what it sounds like but most importantly fuel consumption, it's an M35x by the way
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by nissparts(m): 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Don't waste your time. That's the mpg you'll get with our quality of fuel and lagos traffic.
Nothing wrong with the vehicle

1 Like

Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by 9icetoo(m): 2:11am On Mar 27, 2016
nissparts:
Don't waste your time. That's the mpg you'll get with our quality of fuel and lagos traffic.
I was going to tell him the exact same thing. OP, nothing is wrong with your vehicle. the petrol in Nigeria is crap. your car runs on a higher octane petrol which is not available here so your engine adjusts timing, sacrifices fuel economy and power to run right.
don't wreck that car trying to fix what wasn't broken.
even the advertised mpg for ur car is rarely ever attained. add Lagos traffic to the mix and u can kiss that advertised mpg good bye.
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
9icetoo:

I was going to tell him the exact same thing. OP, nothing is wrong with your vehicle. the petrol in Nigeria is crap. your car runs on a higher octane petrol which is not available here so your engine adjusts timing, sacrifices fuel economy and power to run right.
don't wreck that car trying to fix what wasn't broken.
even the advertised mpg for ur car is rarely ever attained. add Lagos traffic to the mix and u can kiss that advertised mpg good bye.
nissparts:
Wow.
Thanks for the tip
I appreciate
Do you recommend octane booster.
Or we should just continue too Run it with the normal Fuel
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by sultaan(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Octane booster is extra money that won't make any different in Lagos traffic.

You driving a luxurious car cost of fuel should not be any problem
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by nissparts(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
Readonee35L:

Wow.
Thanks for the tip
I appreciate
Do you recommend octane booster.
Or we should just continue too Run it with the normal Fuel

Fuel additives are a no-go area for Nissan engines.
You'll only end up clogging your nozzles and inviting misfires
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
nissparts:

Fuel additives are a no-go area for Nissan engines.
You'll only end up clogging your nozzles and inviting misfires

Hmmmm
I guess we better rock the Ride that way
What we loose in Mpg we Gain in performance .
Thanks Nissparts
Re: Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty by Readonee35L(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
sultaan:
Octane booster is extra money that won't make any different in Lagos traffic.

You driving a luxurious car cost of fuel should not be any problem
Thanks for the Tip
Buying Gas Is no problem, I just thought the car was malfunctioning

(1) (Reply)

My Car Consumes Alot / Warning To All Nairalanders: Old Licence And Plates Are Now Expired In Nigeria. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.