Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To (935 Views)

Eight-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive To Lassa Fever In Gombe / Bizarre: Meet Woman With Two Private Parts And Not Scared To Talk Of It. / When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To by Saxxychic(f): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2009
I guess no matter how healthy you think u are, u really are not. I just found out a friend of mine, we r young ladies, just found a tumor in her breast and she has to go for chemotherapy sometimes next week. it really shocked me because i haven't really been going for medical check ups or tests or anything because i feel i haven't put myself in such situations.
i'm just scared what if i go and something. my friend isn't even up to 25 and she's going for chemotherapy next week. she didnt even know.
How often should one really go for check ups especially the females?
Re: I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To by Nobody: 3:48am On Jul 08, 2009
Saxxychic:

i haven't really been going for medical check ups or tests or anything because i feel[b] i haven't put myself in such situations.[/b]

please can you please explain what the bolded part means?
Re: I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To by Saxxychic(f): 5:11am On Jul 08, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

please can you please explain what the bolded part means?

i meant things I know that are risky, for example smoking, i know its risks and others but now i'm guessing no matter how safe and healthy u think you r, u really are not.
Re: I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To by Sissy3(f): 5:26am On Jul 08, 2009
you go for a yearly checkups unless you're often sick. and do a self breast exam at home often. it helps big time.

but me thinks the best way to it is to stay healthy/exercise and eat right and lower your risks by talking to your doctor regularly and do ask him/her questions. the early the better
Re: I Have Not Gone For Medical Check Ups And Tests, Im Scared To by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2009
Saxxychic:

i meant things I know that are risky, for example smoking, i know its risks and others but now i'm guessing no matter how safe and healthy u think you r, u really are not.

there are thousands of diseases out there that can be undetected and that come around doing absolutely nothing wrong (like breast cancer)
the only way to have any chances of discovery AND recovery in these cases is by often going to have check ups. no matter how hard it may be, twice yearly (yearly is also good) should be the norm, even if you feel like a million dollar.

(1) (Reply)

a friends true story / Lies About Mouth Odour / moringa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.