Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science (1135 Views)

Christianity Has Become Magic And Fake Youths Are Eating It Up - Charlyboy / Is There Difference Between Magic And Miracle? / Where Was The African Magic And Idols. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by africandictator(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2016
I had always been of the notion that there is a
synergy between science and magic. my motion
was further strengthened last thursday when a prof
in my department who was lecturing us on Africa
enviromental history made emphasis on the
importance of African science also known as African magic to our progenitors in the distant past.
African science or magic is peculiar to Africa just as
white magic or science is peculiar to our european
counterparts. He further asserted that for effective
inventions to take place, there must be a fusion of
the two science and magic. In my opinion, the underlying "magic" system is
used
by both, people who clearly use magic with spells,
magic power..etc, but it is also used by the
technology
of the world and the scientific community which sees
the power as another scientific principle, so they
would definitely not call it magic. methods of magic
and science, if not same, are truly similar. Both
magic and science work on the logic of cause and
effect. It is not totally wrong to say that Some of the modern inventions today like the internet, blogs,
social medias, aircrafts, mobile phones and other
distinct gadgets may have come about due to an
admixture of the former and the latter. I have
argued with my friends in the sciences countless
times that the force behind the escape velocity theory which majority of the scientists claims
makes planes and other aircrafts and heavy objects
fly is not really scientifically explanable.
Please before you quote me wrong, i am not saying
that all the totality of the scientific inventions came
about as a result of the fusion of science and magic, but i am of the stance that most of the amazing and
distinctive scientific and technological discoveries
came as a result of the fusion of the two. I have
heard about universities and schools of witchcraft,
wizardry and sorcery abroad and how they have
overtime influenced the scientific and technological inovations and status of the whites. If you are a
nigerian scientist, witch, wizard, sorcerer or
engineer reading this, i advice you all to look at
African science from another perpective. This
science should not be viewed only as destructive or
evil , but as something useful which could be pertinent to our technological and scientific
researchs which may in the long run enhance the
status of our economy. Our ancestors overtime
have used this African science to do stuffs that
science itself could not unravel I need not to
mention. Your comments and constructive critcisms are
welcomed..

2 Likes

Re: The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by Flexherbal(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2016
There are still some good things about Africa. Like natural herbs.

1 Like

Re: The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by alexory23(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by africandictator(m): 6:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Flexherbal:
yeap man
Flexherbal:
yeap man
Re: The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by ifenes(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2017
This is interesting and I'm happy someone has a different look to magic. Magic of today is technology of tomorrow. Magic itself is associated with "witchcraft" A- craft- of Wisdom. And then it gave birth to ancient Alchemy,the forefather of today's Chemistry. It is funny people will claim they ain't no wizard but will proudly claim they are a graduate of Chemistry :-)

These are advance knowledge used by ancient Africans, India and even Chinese to manipulate Energy into different forms. Energy can be in different forms, the Solidified energy is what we see, and of course it is possible to play with it like clay and turn it into another form. And that Is what the ancient call "MAGIC". The very word that used to scare the pope and his god. I will not dive into that now.

WitchCraft like I said early means the Craft of wisdom, the craft of medicines, herbs used primarily to cure the sick by women who were wise enough to detect the transformation of Energy from solid to malleable form( there is nothing wrong with that ). This gave birth to our modern medicines we are proud of today. Yet the bible said,suffer the witch not to live? That's crazy! We owe our Morden medicines to witchcraft. A better study of the craft will aid use and help use respect and understand our African wise women more.

Obviously it is possible to use a great craft to cause harm to others. But then, only a weak mind will fall victim to such illusion. Illusions needs your permission/ belief to work on you anyway.

Science and technology is modern witchcraft. Just like witchcraft makes use of formula to transform and interprets Energy bubbles.TV and the remote control to turns it on and off, changes channels to a preferred tv programm is Magic. A laptop diving into different form of information with the help of the Internet ( Energy) is absolute Magic. Magic is everything just as we are also Magic,We are a nation of magicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Synergy Between Magic And Science And The Importance Of African Science by africandictator(m): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
ifenes:
This is interesting and I'm happy someone has a different look to magic. Magic of today is technology of tomorrow. Magic itself is associated with "witchcraft" A- craft- of Wisdom. And then it gave birth to ancient Alchemy,the forefather of today's Chemistry. It is funny people will claim they ain't no wizard but will proudly claim they are a graduate of Chemistry :-)

These are advance knowledge used by ancient Africans, India and even Chinese to manipulate Energy into different forms. Energy can be in different forms, the Solidified energy is what we see, and of course it is possible to play with it like clay and turn it into another form. And that Is what the ancient call "MAGIC". The very word that used to scare the pope and his god. I will not dive into that now.

WitchCraft like I said early means the Craft of wisdom, the craft of medicines, herbs used primarily to cure the sick by women who were wise enough to detect the transformation of Energy from solid to malleable form( there is nothing wrong with that ). This gave birth to our modern medicines we are proud of today. Yet the bible said,suffer the witch not to live? That's crazy! We owe our Morden medicines to witchcraft. A better study of the craft will aid use and help use respect and understand our African wise women more.

Obviously it is possible to use a great craft to cause harm to others. But then, only a weak mind will fall victim to such illusion. Illusions needs your permission/ belief to work on you anyway.

Science and technology is modern witchcraft. Just like witchcraft makes use of formula to transform and interprets Energy bubbles.TV and the remote control to turns it on and off, changes channels to a preferred tv programm is Magic. A laptop diving into different form of information with the help of the Internet ( Energy) is absolute Magic. Magic is everything just as we are also Magic,We are a nation of magicians.

well spoken... thank you..

(1) (Reply)

See The Huge Crowd At Deeperlife Crusade In Abuja / How To Deal With Demon Possessed / 20 Bible Verses About False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.