Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,449 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 (36816 Views)

Watch How A Man Builds A Working 3.5mm Headphone Jack Into His Iphone 7 / This Man Threw His Iphone 7+ Off The World’s Tallest Building(photos) / Pic: When Someone Forgot His Iphone 6 In A Bus.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
JoeCutie:
Just so you'll see my point exactly. grin
You had to go through all that to express your point? Wicked! cheesy
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
it is "their" and not "there". You are welcome. kiss
welcome miss dictionarygrin
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nayok:

I dey tell u grin
;P
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by donwise1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
IPhone and over protection
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by oluwasheeun(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Abeg when the phone don dey work, tell him to put the date to like 2099, I wan see wetin go happen
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by Olodonairaland(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
Do not Set your iPhone in this date or it will permanently crash it.

Your iPhone really hates the date January 1, 1970. It hates it so much that it will permanently crash if you change your iPhone’s time settings to that date.
It’s not totally clear why the crash is happening. It’s not at all obvious why anyone even bothered trying to set an iPhone’s clock back 46 years.

But we can make a pretty educated guess.
January 1, 1970 is the earliest date you can set your iPhone to. If you turn your date and time settings to manual (please don’t do this), and scroll the calendar back as far as you can go (seriously, don’t do this), you can only go as far back as January 1, 1970.
That’s because Unix time began at midnight GMT on January 1, 1970. Unix time has been counting every second since then. Many gadgets, including the iPhone, use Unix time as the basis for their clocks.
Now, why would scrolling all the way back to January 1, 1970 (00:00:00 in Unix time) turn your iPhone into a brick? If your time zone isn’t GMT, your iPhone might think you’re in a time before January 1, 1970 — or before zero. Though Unix time can be negative, it’s possible that something about that makes your iPhone go haywire.
Related: Those new USB-C cords can fry your laptop
There are several videos of people demonstrating what happens when they set their clocks back to January 1, 1970. (Again, we’re not sure why they’re doing this, and we don’t recommend it).
In the videos, the iPhone works immediately after the date is set all the way back. But powering off the phone and then on again results in a perpetual greeting screen, with the Apple logo just staring back at you for the rest of time.

http://mytechportal.com/do-not-set-your-iphone-in-this-date-or-it-will-permanently-crash-it/
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by ilevic(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
simple, tell him to strike IIT hard against the wall opposite him and try to couple it back. simple factory reset method
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by MsGlobalwonder(f): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
kiss
OlayinkaFawaz:
welcome miss dictionarygrin
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by skylove1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
All you need to do is to connect your iPhone with wifi and the time will automatically set
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by ogaontop(m): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Wetin Concern Me With Iphone?
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by giftedheart1(m): 11:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
He be Aristotle or Plato? That ur broda self... Oh!! He thinks setting the date back will delay the coming of Jesus abi? What curiosity can cause sha!!!
Re: My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 by AaronDonald: 3:59am On Feb 26, 2016
gabylzy:

he should wait for 5hrs den boot it back, it will work
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Fifa 2020 Ppsspp Iso For Andriod (new) / How To Charge Your Blackberry Without A Charger / I Showered With The Galaxy S7, Made It Pass Through Other Water Mishaps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.