Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Can One Be Really Photogenic? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can One Be Really Photogenic? (6004 Views)

How I Became The Winner Of The Most Photogenic Queen... / Some Cute People Are Not Photogenic: Why? / What Makes One Photogenic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by mohawkchic(f): 3:44am On Aug 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No, not me. I look horrible in photos.
I don't have ONE photo that is a true representation of what I look like. angry

spikedcylinder:

Either my eyes look like a frog's or my mouth looks like a monkey's butt.
I'd hate to believe I look anywhere as crude as my pictures portray. angry

~You Dont Say! shocked grin I refuse to belive!! You're prolly your own worst Critic. . Tut Tut! I love Your eyes. .

~Who was that Pretty Chic impersonating you in pics on Profile then? tongue
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by spikedcylinder: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Who was that Pretty Chic impersonating you in pics on Profile then? tongue

She is my sworn enemy, Zelda. grin tongue
But seriously, I can't say it enough - I look horrible in photos. angry

JeSoul:

ROTFLOL  cheesy aww poor you. I think the wrong person has been taking your pictures, I have some photography skills, I will do you justice should the opportunity ever present itself  kiss

Sadly, the bad photographer is usually my humble self. grin grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Nezan(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2009
shesi:

[size=18pt]i'm with the poster who said pictures dont lie. lol. guys lie, people lie to themselves, but pictures always show u what it is. lol.[/size]

Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by eyonigger(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2009
The same happens to me. Poster thanks for creating this topic. Nonetheless I sometimes look good in some pics be it un-expected or expected. Although I have a friend that understands this photo thingy, that he always look good in all pics.

Maybe some pple can post their so called " I dnt look good pic" so we can justify it here.
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by mukina2: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No, not me. I look horrible in photos.
I don't have ONE photo that is a true representation of what I look like. angry

Halogen tongue

am with you on this oh angry tongue
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by mafolayomi(f): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
smiley smiley smiley Foto no dey lieeeeeeeeee, as my coleague will say
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Oluschenco(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2009
If you want to be really photogenic, you should ask Mrs Stella Obasanjo what she gained from it.

Just be yourself.
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by epstitch(f): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
Been photogenic doesnt necessarily been you are beautiful and been beautiful in person does not guarantee you would be photogenic, I'm a makeup artist and i have worked with several very not so good looking models that could command strong expressions with their features, eyes, lips and body and therefore appear beautiful in photos.
Look at the pictures here and let me know if you think these models are beautiful or just photogenic'

http://enter4training..com

http://keller813.wufoo.com/forms/makeup-registration-form/
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by denony(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
You can only be photogenic if you are photogenic, period.
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by chic2pimp(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2009
denony:

You can only be photogenic if you are photogenic, period.
have u read wot u wrote. Wot kinda answer is dis. Berra go back to jss1 to learn how to answer questions grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by infocaster: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
i think one should first begin by always wearing a smile even when in a sad mood.

what do you think?
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by bluespice(f): 5:07am On Aug 09, 2009
im calling bullshit on those advocating for smiles
not everyone looks good with a a smile
a smirk maybe, a smile? hellz naw!

im 100% with MHC know ur face n body n know the angles n lighting
n dont use a crappy camera pls
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2009
My smile looks tacky on pixcures, but they look "beautiful" in person angry
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Hanoobaba(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2009
Mee, I hate pics infact I run away from cameras. Why? (1) I'm skinny with a thin face in other words the camera makes my neck and face become out of proportiom to rest of my body. (2) My two upper front incisor are not the same size. One is oversized and the other one is rather tiny. The wicked cameras will magnify the bigger one and shrink the tiny one which makes me look like an underfed rabbit. (3) Cameras make my poor neck appear longer than they already are and expose the bones and "wells" of my neck.
But if you see me in person omo i be fine boy, even girls know na all of them dey trip. [B] TO HELL WITH THE BLOODY BAD BELLE CAMERAS, THEY WAN SPOIL FINE BOY [/B]
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by bluespice(f): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2009
lmfao! see descriptions grin grin grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by mukina2: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Mee, I hate pics infact I run away from cameras. Why? (1) I'm skinny with a thin face in other words the camera makes my neck and face become out of proportiom to rest of my body. (2) My two upper front incisor are not the same size. One is oversized and the other one is rather tiny. The wicked cameras will magnify the bigger one and shrink the tiny one which makes me look like an underfed rabbit. (3) Cameras make my poor neck appear longer than they already are and expose the bones and "wells" of my neck.
But if you see me in person omo i be fine boy, even girls know na all of them dey trip. [B] TO HELL WITH THE BLOODY BAD BELLE CAMERAS, THEY WAN SPOIL FINE BOY [/B]
grin grin grin LOL grin grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by spikedcylinder: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Amen to that! grin grin grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Amen to that! grin grin grin

just er back the camera  cheesy cheesy cheesy

if the halogen headlights will not do the trick, the bodacious bumper will cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Em2va: 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2009
It'll do you a lot of good if you can go and get a personal digital camera for just 18,000, and then
snap yourself alone and with friends a lot find out where you look nice, whether it is amongst friends or alone
from there thats a good start
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Em2va: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Hanoobaba
U fine sha oh, but the camera dem no too lie sha oh! Small true dey
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by mohawkchic(f): 12:44am On Aug 11, 2009
Em2va:

It'll do you a lot of good if you can go and get a personal digital camera for just 18,000, and then
[b]snap yourself alone and with friends a lot find out where you look nice, whether it is amongst friends or alone[/b]from there thats a good start

~Oh really? cheesy I've found some of the other suggestions just as hilarious, but this one takes the biscuit. . .
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by oyinda3(f): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2009
oh I used to think that photogenic refers to people who have different looks in their photos. at least that's what i got from watching tyra banks' ANTM.
multi dimensional ppl who don't have the same old look in their pics. lol
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by No2Atheism(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2009
@topic

If you snap your yourself and still can't find any angle that makes you photogenic, then come and meet me I have a spare compass, grin grin grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . . thou shalt not quote me . . . .
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by ayobase(m): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2009
just make sure u smile,chuckle or laugh to the camera.
some people could be so serious when snapping!
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Seesinz(f): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

@topic

If you snap your yourself and still can't find any angle that makes you photogenic, then come and meet me I have a spare compass, grin grin grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . . thou shalt not quote me . . . .

what kind of spare compass? wink grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Seesinz(f): 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
ayobase:

just make sure u smile,chuckle or laugh to the camera.
some people could be so serious when snapping!

I think if you r not so photogenic, you are not so whether u smile, cry, laugh, frown, straight, still the same lol grin
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by nedu2000(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2009
when ur actually ugly but seem 2 look better or should i say" less ugly" in photos
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Olamarkjoel(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
To be photogenic, it depends on the weather,style and quality the photograher is applying to his biz sometimes the photograher can help u wash the negative of your pics at a standard lab studio, so get a good result also there are some make mistakes ladies do that makes them look somehow unpleasant to know more about avoiding make up mistakes u can visit http://www.makeupmistakes..com
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
oyinda.:
i dun really kno. i wonder the same sometimes when i see someone in real life and think to myself that they look sooo much better than in the pics. lol i don't kno.

that's the story of my life.

i hardly have any pictures of myself that i am like content with lol.
i can vouch some people just "have it". for example a friend of mine is not
the most attractive but her pictures always come out flawless.

meanwhile mine come out and i either look depressed, chubby or just...bleh. tongue
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
FL Gators: My smile looks tacky on pixcures, but they look "beautiful" in person angry

^^^^
Re: How Can One Be Really Photogenic? by smileyprin(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2012
my case is always like dat..ve got only very few pics dats a true representation of how i really luk in life...most of my pics are awful...

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Way To Get Pink Lips / Please Where Can I Buy Original Okirika Jeans & Sneakers In Lagos / What’s Fake About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.