Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

Help! I Am Suffering From Depression - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Am Suffering From Depression (6450 Views)

Man Suffering From Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (Disturbing Photo) / Please Help Am Suffering From Severe Pimples/acne PHOTOS / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Maxcollins042(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
cocoama:
I actually eat bananas often so it clearly is not working for me
Ok
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by thorpido(m): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
cocoama:
you are right my family plays a big role in this. i have considered seeing a psychologist but am not really the type of person that opens up easily or likes to talk about my problems. I also find the fact that paying someone to 'talk' about why I am depressed of which I already know why is simply a waste of money and time.
Talking about your problems is therapy itself especially if you do to trained personnel.It's not a waste of money because they help solve the problem.
If you have the money anyway but it's cheap if you go to a government institution.
Whichever way it is,get help.
You will be alright.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
cocoama:
thanks for the response. To be honest I have tried to get close to God for many many years and nothing. Nothing has happened and nothing has changed. So I really don't know anymore

It is so because that is what you think??

Do you have a family?
Do you have friends??
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Qualer: 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
cocoama:
maybe for some people it's a passing phase but I have been dealing with this since I was very young till now

well... somehow, it means something has been missing all along! the key is finding out what it is...
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
cocoama:
grin thanks for making me laugh,if only it was that simple

Uhmm I get depressed too every now and then and there's times when I wake up in the morning and I quickly shut my eyes back, wishing I'd never wake up. There's times when I cross the road and think, wouldn't it make it all easier if I got hit by a car. Funny thing is I know why I'm depressed but they are things I just can't say especially the family part. I feel soo distant from everyone I've known but in my heart I crave nothing more than being close to them. I can hardly sleep. I feel like breaking something many times. If there's any solace in it, then just know that I know how u feel just that in my case, my demons are not with me all the time. They take a stroll occasionally but always seem to come back. I totally get u and it feels like ur in my head. U don't have to do it alone
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by DeeMain(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
cocoama:
I don't know what to do any longer with myself and my life. I have been suffering from depression for as long as I can remember since my early school days but things just seems to be getting worse. I don't have any joy or happiness. I hate my job with a passion and I think am in the wrong profession too. I am not really close to my family and they don't understand me. There is so much going wrong in my life that I don't really want to go into nor I doubt people really care. I just don't want to feel this way anymore. Has anyone that has been depressed that has come out of it? What did you guys do? I really am down on my wits and am having really unsavory thoughts atm. cry sad

Have you found a solution yet? Drugs might not help you long term.

You need something definitive. I am a certified Mind and Emotions Therapist. There are cutting edge mind and body techniques that can sort you out for life. I can give you proofs. Evidence terminates arguments.

Note :The old long term psychotherapy and drugs treatments are old school. They take a lot of time if they work at all. And drugs have debilitating side effects.

Long story short. I can be of help. You can PM me so we can chat to see if we can work together.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by maxti: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
How are you now?
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by flightz(f): 1:03am On Apr 11, 2016
You need to see a psychiatrist, antidepressants might be prescribed. One thing I know of is that women are more prone to depression than men.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by sonofthunder: 5:51am On Apr 11, 2016
cocoama:
I actually eat bananas often so it clearly is not working for me
I hope you passed this phase now.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2016
Money problems. Obviously.
A real depressive wouldn't have use for florid grammar or big hair or fancy trips to Ghana for Christmas!
Answer this question honestly : Do you feel relief when you see someone seemingly worse off? Physiologically or financially. I know I do. smiley
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by myinvest: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
cocoama:
I don't know what to do any longer with myself and my life. I have been suffering from depression for as long as I can remember since my early school days but things just seems to be getting worse. I don't have any joy or happiness. I hate my job with a passion and I think am in the wrong profession too. I am not really close to my family and they don't understand me. There is so much going wrong in my life that I don't really want to go into nor I doubt people really care. I just don't want to feel this way anymore. Has anyone that has been depressed that has come out of it? What did you guys do? I really am down on my wits and am having really unsavory thoughts atm. cry sad

Depression is an Illness that can be treated medically.. A lot of people think it is because of lack of Money or Job that cause depression. This is not true. Depression is a disease of the Brain and can be treated. Please consult your doctor and get help.. Don't be ashamed of it.. it is just like Malaria, that can be treated.. You might just be surprise that the treatment might be change of diet or sleeping habit..

God be with you!

And please remember Olaoluwa, the medical student that needs Kidney transplant, in your prayers and donate generously @ https://donate-ng.com/project/104
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by myinvest: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
flightz:
You need to see a psychiatrist, antidepressants might be prescribed. One thing I know of is that women are more prone to depression than men.

True, And this is mostly due to the frequent hormone changes due to the Menstrual cycle or Pregnancy. Some worse case happens after Child birth..

Need for a medical checkup Sis.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by sprinkos: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
cocoama:

Ther are a few things you can do to improve from depreesion like

1. Setting daily goals for yourself to accomplish. This will make you feel positive hence get better.
2. Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive ways thus good for you.
3. Eat Healthy. There's evidence that foods with omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, spinach and avocado eases depression.
4. Sleep well and enough. Note; If possible, the best place is the most quite and that is no disturbances at all. Just to name a few.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by sprinkos: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
cocoama:

There are a few things you can do to improve from depresion like

1. Setting daily goals for yourself to accomplish. This will make you feel positive hence get better.
2. Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive ways thus good for you.
3. Eat Healthy. There's evidence that foods with omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, spinach and avocado eases depression.
4. Sleep well and enough. Note; If possible, the best place is the most quite and that is no disturbances at all. Just to name a few.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by tfcinvests: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
@cocoama How's it going with the depression issue ?

I've been going thru mine for some 5 years but found help after spending a year with someone,if your willing to speak with someone who has being thru the experience i am open to help you in this journey.I spent 2years with my mentor he sends me mails daily for 2years before i got relief having gone thru the baptisimal process too i feel and know i could help.

Should you wish to talk,let's talk cause obviously you bottle things in as you expressed so i assume many compressed feeling deep within which is a startup point..2,you mentioned family..( I could expantiate if you still need to talk with someone about thi ).

All the best lady !

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by cocoama(f): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
tfcinvests:
@cocoama How's it going with the depression issue ?

I've been going thru mine for some 5 years but found help after spending a year with someone,if your willing to speak with someone who has being thru the experience i am open to help you in this journey.I spent 2years with my mentor he sends me mails daily for 2years before i got relief having gone thru the baptisimal process too i feel and know i could help.

Should you wish to talk,let's talk cause obviously you bottle things in as you expressed so i assume many compressed feeling deep within which is a startup point..2,you mentioned family..( I could expantiate if you still need to talk with someone about thi ).

All the best lady !
You are too kind thank you smiley. I am glad you have been able to overcome your depression. I changed my dp. hope its not as "depressing lol"
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by stinggy(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2016
cocoama:
You are too kind thank you smiley. I am glad you have been able to overcome your depression. I changed my dp. hope its not as "depressing lol"
Nice shot. Though the frown still suggest some bottled-up feeling (just teasing)...

Have you gotten help on the situation? Feeling any better now?
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by zweet: 11:14am On May 20, 2016
There is an outpatient psychiatric clinic in abuja when my sister was going though depression we contacted them and the doctor was able to treat her without us even traveling....the doctor (a US trained psychiatrist) was communicating with her via phone and skype...that is something they use at their center they call it telepsychiatry so that they can help people across Nigeria...their website is www.melvillehealthcarecenter.com it was really convinent since she didnt have to leave lagos.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by testimony13(f): 2:38pm On May 20, 2016
Take Nutri-pap special every morning with original honey
Other testified to this and get rid of depression

Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by kriss63(m): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello my name is chris.Am a male I live in lagos nigeria.Am 21 years old. I have been in a depressed state since when i was in secondary school.i have an abnormal shoulder shape that affect my choice of clothing, i dont put on long sleeve without cardigans on cause my shoulder shape is like lumpy rounded and big and am skinny pls i need help
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by tartar9(m): 12:07am On Jul 07, 2016
cocoama:
I wish I were you sad
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
wink
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by emerged01(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
@cocoama

You have to be strong to kill depression. I went through depression few years back,i lost interest in everything,i tried so much then to let people see the happy side of me while I cried inside when I was alone. There is always a cause of depression. I can only advice you to identify the cause of your depression and try everything possible to eliminate it. One thing that I know eliminate depression is love. It is either you are always around people you love or around people that love you.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
cocoama:
thanks for the response. To be honest I have tried to get close to God for many many years and nothing. Nothing has happened and nothing has changed. So I really don't know anymore
A lot of my depression went when I lost my faith in the Holy church.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by kriss63(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello people, my name is chris am 21 years old and i live in lagos nigeria.pls i have this problem but i doubt if it could be scoliosis because i dont experience normal pain except after carrying load or doing exercise.I noticed i can't put on certain clothes like long sleeve cause it wont fit my body and i look so awkward.i am slim but my shoulder looks round amd bulky not slim.I just went to igbobi recently to consult a doctor and he wrote adolescent scoliosis on the paper he gave me to take to the xray,i have been given appointment date to come, and the amount is 10k.The problem i have now is i dont know how to tell my mum (single parent) or any other because when i told her through whatsapp because i grew up with my grandma, she thought i was insane, and she was disappointed in me and telling me i should love myself and stuffs like that she even took me for deliverance.Apart from the shoulder i told her that i always see my nose so big on my face when am staring at things or people,even when i lie down or read, and i cant remember my past events, probably maybe because of depression, so this are all i am experiencing right now, pls i will be glad if anyone can advice me on what to do now,i love myself and i want to live happily,my mum said i shouldnt even mention it to her again.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Is this Rachel
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by SillyBilly: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
Exercise really helps me. Whenever I feel in the dumps I'll go for a walk or lift weights.
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by babyt66: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
Watsapp me on 08032493281 for remedy
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:08am On Sep 15, 2017
Herbs 4 Food & Health

A new WhatsApp group to join
9 shrubs you must have in your house or neighborhood 4 food & herb
How to use common plants around you for curative and preventive measures.
How to use common fruits and vegetables for curative and preventive measures

Link: https:///7entA14vAoa7ftrglALQ55
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by SAMBARRY: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2018
airmirthd1:
Make me your friend and depression will be a thing of the past in your life...

Seriously, a proverb said if you don't see another person's farmland, you'll think your father's farmland is the biggest... Many people are going through what is more than yours but somehow they are managing.... I'm a living example..

My advice: Be closer to God because without him you're nothing.....and He's the only one you can tell to turn your situation around....
****Play and smile always..
please stop this.it's not helpful at all.you don't compare problems with problem and expect a depressed person to feel better.we need to take mental healing and therapy in Nigeria more seriously.stop all these religious and cultural boolsheet
Re: Help! I Am Suffering From Depression by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
SAMBARRY:
please stop this.it's not helpful at all.you don't compare problems with problem and expect a depressed person to feel better.we need to take mental healing and therapy in Nigeria more seriously.stop all these religious and cultural boolsheet
Okay Sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BURNING OF CLIPPER BLADE... does it really sterilize the clipper? / P.E Caused By Overmasturbation And Solutions From Experience. / Why Patients Lie During Medical Consultations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.