Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Why Do I Have To Restart A Public/cafe System After Use - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Do I Have To Restart A Public/cafe System After Use (553 Views)

Please Help Me Set Up A Network For My Cyber Cafe' / How To Restart A Hanging Computer Without Shutting Down / My New Laptop Doesnt Browse At Cafe. Pls What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Have To Restart A Public/cafe System After Use by ikorodureporta: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
After signing/logging out, some people still restart the system.

Why is this done. I need a v.good explanation....
Re: Why Do I Have To Restart A Public/cafe System After Use by shawlxAk(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
You don't have to.

I guess they do that in a bid to cover their tracks.

For example, to prevent the next user from viewing the sites that they visited.

However, the right way to do it is to access the browser's options page and manually delete cookies, temp files, browsing history et al.

Restarting the system alone does nothing in that regard.

ikorodureporta:
After signing/logging out, some people still restart the system.

Why is this done. I need a v.good explanation....

(1) (Reply)

Excel Video / Screen For Lenovo T420 Laptop / Best Mac Apps In May 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.