Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigerian E Passport Microchips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian E Passport Microchips (7760 Views)

E-passport Renewal In Lagos / What Is The Difference Between Official E-passport And Standard E-passport / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian E Passport Microchips by alfablondy1: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
I have heard that the e passport microchips could be damaged if stapled. where is the microchips? Is it in the data page, inner pages or the

back cover. A friend of mine new passport was stapled to the old passport at the back cover by Government Relation officer in KSA. He is worried

about possible damage to the microchips. where is the chip embedded?
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by umulobi: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
I work with the Nigeria Immigration Service and I can assure u the microchips on d e passport are embedded on d back cover page.We usually advise travellers never to staple on d back cover or place d passport on ur back pocket to avoid damage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by ehixestgratias: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
umulobi:
I work with the Nigeria Immigration Service and I can assure u the microchips on d e passport are embedded on d back cover page.We usually advise travellers never to staple on d back cover or place d passport on ur back pocket to avoid damage.

plz i will need ur advice on this: i have a passport dat has my wrong date of birth.13/03/1989 instead of 13/03/1987, someone say i should bring 180k to help get it corrected which i am seeing to be way too expensive. the other option was to go for a new passport entirely,. my question is; like how much will i get to change the dob on a normal ground , then if i go for the second option will i be able to get a new passport wit my correct dob? thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by alfablondy1: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2016
umulobi:

Thanks for the response Mr umulobi.

(1) Does that mean the passport is automatically damaged if stapled at the back?

(11) Can he still use it to travel if the data page is ok and the microchip is damaged?

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by worry359(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2016
No one on here can give a definite answer, they can only guess.
The passport must be taken to somewhere like an airport where they can check it BEFORE trying to travel.
Do not wait till the day of journey to find out!
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by yoged(m): 6:53am On Feb 22, 2016
ehixestgratias:

plz i will need ur advice on this: i have a passport dat has my wrong date of birth.13/03/1989 instead of 13/03/1987, someone say i should bring 180k to help get it corrected which i am seeing to be way too expensive. the other option was to go for a new passport entirely,. my question is; like how much will i get to change the dob on a normal ground , then if i go for the second option will i be able to get a new passport wit my correct dob? thanks for ur anticipated response
if you are changing anything on your passport . It has to be done in abuja. Don't allow anyone to scam you . Find your way to Abuja with Proof of your real age .
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by ehixestgratias: 6:57am On Feb 22, 2016
ok. thanks

yoged:
if you are changing anything on your passport . It has to be done in abuja. Don't allow anyone to scam you . Find your way to Abuja with Proof of your real age .
Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by Veesparkles: 6:56am On Mar 05
Please I’m trying to verify my LinkedIn and all my ID cards have been rejected cause they claim it’s for NFC enabled. I’m waiting to collect my international passport by the end of the month and I just wanted to confirm if an international passwords ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian E Passport Microchips by Damian001: 1:38pm On Apr 27
Your NFC-chip is in the lower part of the hard back cover of your international Nigerian passport and this can be confirmed by an nfc-chip app reader on google play or App Store ✌️

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Governor Fayemi By Funmi Olagunju On Ikogosi Resort / Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. / Egypt Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.