Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story (52832 Views)

Man Dresses Like "Olajumoke, The Bread Seller' For Halloween / Where Is The Bread-Seller Turned-model Olajumoke Orisaguna? / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story by biookuta(m): 2:17am On Feb 22, 2016
JoeCutie:
My points exactly!!!

Nigeria's integrity has fallen so low that we don't even believe in ourselves again. We always believe in supernatural powers. Miracles. Compare Hollywood and Nollywood movies, for instance. In Hollywood, they fight for themselves no matter what. In Nollywood, we cry and the 'God' of Nigerian movies fights for us. That's the typical Nigerian mentality, yet we always claim to be the best. It's so unfortunate. More than 200 school girls went missing in Chibok and Nigeria declared fasting and prayers. What a shame! In a real nation, with their intelligence and technology, it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks before those girls are found. That's why we believe that a Pastor must be our VP before things fall into place. What a country!

In Nigeria, everybody wants miracle, but it's so unfortunate that the world does not work that way. We need to grow up and pull ourselves clear of religiousness. This mentality is keeping us down as it's been passed down to generations yet unborn. Earlier before now, Nigerians (and indeed, Africans) were known for their dogged nature; their pride in hardworking. Today, everything has changed. Nobody wants to work, talk more of doing it hard. And trust Nigerians and their very timid and derogatory response to these kind of 'miracles', people would flock the street to hawk bread and see if 'God would pick their calls'. Pathetic!

I've always thought this to myself, but owing to how naïve Nigerians are, and how much they love to bash people, I kept it to myself, but reading this, I've been re-inspired. I don't like this Jumoke's success story. No doubt, I'm happy for her. But her story is nothing to inspire me. And until Nigerians learn to curb the way they call on God, and use their nature-given intelligence to their advantage, themselves, I'm afraid Nigeria is always going to be stagnant. America didn't get to where they are by clinging to 'God' and waiting for miracles. They do not wait for miracles to happen. They make 'miracles' happen. They fight for themselves. That's why I say that Religion is the major setback we have in this country, cos our problems are still based on the kind of mentality we revel on. Wonder why the so called "men of God" all fly in private planes while we, their followers can't even buy fuel ourselves? We are on the ground, and we are the ones holding ourselves down there.

This guy's post is the best I've read since I joined Nairaland, and I'm happy I spent time to read it
leave them every body eyes go clear

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

E-Money Celebrates Eid-el-kabir In Style / Jude Okoye To Peter Okoye: Only God Can Rescue You / Venita Akpofure Wows In Swimsuit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.