Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (1289 Views)

Photos From Pastor Adeboye’s 76th Birthday Celebration / Nollywood Actors Benefit From Pastor Iginla's Gift / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by theshaderoom: 1:31am On Feb 20, 2016
Lawyers to Anita, the former wife of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the founder of Christ Embassy, have said that she had finalised her divorce to the preacher, adding that she was no longer a part of, or involved in, the church, also known as Believers LoveWorld Inc.

Anita Ebhodaghe, formerly Anita Oyakhilome, a pioneer member of Christ Embassy, where she rose to become a pastor, got married to Oyakhilome in 1991, and they have two daughters.

A statement by her solicitors, Attwaters Jameson Hill, said the divorce was finalised on February 8 and hinted that she had dropped Oyahkilome from her name, while also severing all ties with the church.

The statement, published on the United Kingdom-based law firm’s website reads:

“We have been requested by Anita Oyakhilome to confirm that on February 8, 2016 a decree absolute was pronounced in the High Court of Justice Principal Registry of the Family Division dissolving her marriage to Christian Onehirokpeana Oyakhilome.

“Anita Oyakhilome would like to confirm that she is no longer involved in or part of Christ Embassy, A.K.A. Believers LoveWorld Inc.”

In 2014, it was in the news that Anita had filed for a divorce, accusing her pastor-husband of indulging in illicit affairs with female members of the church.

This came to the fore after months of rumours suggesting that all was not well with the marriage. In the following months, their marital crisis got messier as both Anita’s lawyers and Oyakhilome issued statements that suggested the damage to the relationship was irreparable.

Shortly after, news of a suit for separation broke, images of Anita, which were very prominent on the church’s website, were removed with her name and image also missing from subsequent editions of Rhapsody of Realities, the church’s devotional, which she had co-authored for years with her estranged husband.

Oyakhilome, at that time, dismissed reports about the divorce including those suggesting that adultery was one of the grounds for divorce, accusing the media of publi-shing a lot of “stupid things

Source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/anita-finalises-divorce-from-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by theshaderoom: 1:32am On Feb 20, 2016
Lord guide them and help them bring up their children amicably
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by jay2pee(m): 2:45am On Feb 20, 2016
Finally
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Ishilove: 6:42am On Feb 20, 2016
Long distance marriage. This was inevitable
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:47am On Feb 20, 2016
Ishilove:
Long distance marriage. This was inevitable

What do you think , I mean for a pastor ? Though as you said it was inevitable?
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Ishilove: 6:56am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What do you think , I mean for a pastor ? Though as you said it was inevitable?
The word says divorce is wrong. As long as your partner is alive, any other person you sleep with is a partner in adultery. However, divorce BECAUSE of infidelity is the only legal ground for divorce. The phrase “except for marital unfaithfulness” is the only thing in Scripture that possibly gives God’s permission for divorce and remarriage.

Matt 5: 31-32: “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’

32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Since infidelity is involved in this divorce, then they have good grounds.

As for if Chris was cheating on his wife, only God and Chris himself know the truth. For Anita to have come out like that, despite knowing his status, then I believe she must have had genuine and factual cause for concern. There are a lot of thirsty and ruthless home wrecking bitches out there, and Chris himself is first a man, before a Man of God

That's no excuse though. There is no way I can be in a long distance marriage with a partner that doesn't communicate with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:15am On Feb 20, 2016
Ishilove:

The word says divorce is wrong. As long as your partner is alive, any other person you sleep with is a partner in adultery. However, divorce BECAUSE of infidelity is the only legal ground for divorce. The phrase “except for marital unfaithfulness” is the only thing in Scripture that possibly gives God’s permission for divorce and remarriage.

Matt 5: 31-32: “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’

32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Since infidelity is involved in this divorce, then they have good grounds.

As for if Chris was cheating on his wife, only God and Chris himself know the truth. For Anita to have come out like that, despite knowing his status, then I believe she must have had genuine and factual cause for concern. There are a lot of thirsty and ruthless home wrecking bitches out there, and Chris himself is first a man, before a Man of God

That's no excuse though. There is no way I can be in a long distance marriage with a partner that doesn't communicate with me

Brilliant , very nice . But I fear for his congregation . Wont they be befuddled over his genuity as a man of God following this new development?
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by JackBizzle: 7:19am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brilliant , very nice . But I fear for his congregation . Wont they be befuddled over his genuity as a man of God following this new development?

So you believe that cheating is the only grounds for divorce?

What about -
an abusive spouse?
A spouse who murdered someone?
A ritualist spouse?

1 Like

Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Ishilove: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There might be a thoughtful few who will re-examine their commitment to the ministry, but a vast majority will wave it away, whilst labeling Anita 'the devil'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

So you believe that cheating is the only grounds for divorce?

What about -
an abusive spouse?
A spouse who murdered someone?
A ritualist spouse?

The bible mainly focused on adultery as a reason for divorce . Off course a couple can be divorced if one of the spouse is diabolical , abusive , etc . In my church , spouses who are diabolical are usually saved and confess their sins openly so for us its a non issue .

But understand my point . He is a man of God , so more is expected - he is seen as a role model and spiritually close to God . So if the head of the church "derails" , the congregation would be somewhat divided or affected in some way .

1 Like

Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by JackBizzle: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible mainly focused on adultery as a reason for divorce . Off course a couple can be divorced if one of the spouse is diabolical , abusive , etc . In my church , spouses who are diabolical are usually saved and confess their sins openly so for us its a non issue .

But understand my point . He is a man of God , so more is expected - he is seen as a role model and spiritually close to God . So if the head of the church "derails" , the congregation would be somewhat divided or affected in some way .

Saved?

So you advice a woman to go back to her abusive husband (who has beaten her severally) if the husband "repents" or "gets saved" at church.

Anyway, I agree with you on the issue of the head of a church being a role model
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:53am On Feb 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

Saved?

So you advice a woman to go back to her abusive husband (who has beaten her severally) if the husband "repents" or "gets saved" at church.

Anyway, I agree with you on the issue of the head of a church being a role model

When you are saved . You are a new creature .

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

When you are a new creature , old things are passed away - you are no longer the abusive husband but a loving caring one . The woman who supposedly has been in Christ will accept her " new hubby" , exhibiting a Christ-like attitude - forgiveness .

Being a Christian has to be the best thing that can happen to someone .
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by UyiIredia(m): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2016
Such a pity. I can only keep my fingers crossed instead of feeding off of speculations.
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2016
Ishilove:

There might be a thoughtful few who will re-examine their commitment to the ministry, but a vast majority will wave it away, whilst labeling Anita 'the devil'.

Dont forget Anita , I think , oversaw the church abroad . She is also a pastor and an author of Christian books but off course male chauvinism - seeing Pastor Chris as the superior - will come into play .
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:59am On Feb 20, 2016
UyiIredia:
Such a pity. I can only keep my fingers crossed instead of feeding off of speculations.

are you implying that the divorce has not been officially announced ?
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by UyiIredia(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

are you implying that the divorce has not been officially announced ?

No. I mean speculations as to what caused their break-up. We never know what happened between them behind the scenes when no one looked.
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2016
UyiIredia:

No. I mean speculations as to what caused their break-up. We never know what happened between them behind the scenes when no one looked.

Oh true tho
Re: Anita Finalises Divorce From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by JackBizzle: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dont forget Anita , I think , oversaw the church abroad . She is also a pastor and an author of Christian books but off course male chauvinism - seeing Pastor Chris as the superior - will come into play .

Very true

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Hilarious Church Signs You Will Love On A Sunday / Winning The Battle For Your Mind ( Part 1 ) - Joseph Prince / Who Is The Woman In Revelation Chapter 12?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.