Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) (5875 Views)

Photo: See This Corper's Shocking Answer To An NYSC Official (hilarious) / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal / Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2009
I have just been posted to Yobe state for my NYSC. What makes this state better than other northern states and what are the neighbouring states? Sharia dey there ? Wont mind hooking up.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by Beaf: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
Does it tick? Ok some things will, but prepare well for any occasion with Alkali court. grin
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
Which 1 be alkali court o ? How many hours is d journey frm lag ?
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by asha80(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
ROBOCOB:

Which 1 be alkali court o ? How many hours is d journey frm lag ?

By road two days.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by oneah(m): 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
Neibouring state is borno, bauchi and gombe. By road btw 15 - 16 hrs
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ikeyman00(m): 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
drivin none stop

na only one driver?? shocked too dangerous

how many break
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2009
Thanks everybody. Camp resumes on tuesday and am presently in lagos.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
I did my nYSC there in 2004/2005. We had our camp in Potiskum then but heard the camp has moved to the permanent site in Fika. Lagos to Potiskum will take about 16hrs. U,ll get down at Potiskum junction and then board a vehicle going to Fika which will take u to the orientation camp. The weather is extreme but the indigenes are accomodating to corpers.

Meanwhile pray that you are posted to an urban area which by the standard of southern states should not even qualify to be a rural area. If you are posted to a place like Machina, you r sure to be using an ox-drawn cart as a means of transport. There are some areas like the one earlier mentioned ie machina that vehicles ply only one day in a week. This is often on the local market day. For Machina, you have vehicles plying the route on wednesdays. The good thing about such areas is that corpers who serve there, get extra pay.

1 Like

Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 3:30am On Jul 10, 2009
Thanks bruv.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by aieromon(m): 4:44am On Jul 10, 2009
I'll also be leaving for Katsina from Lagos.i went to Cross Country in Yaba and they told me departure time was Monday@6.30am.
Told me the journey was 16 to 18hrs.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by oneah(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2009
Yes katsina is around 16hrs. But if you go by flight its around 1hr 15min. Heard katsina airport is now operational. If not fly to kano then road 1hr to katsina. Safe trip corpers. All of u posted to the north, the weathedr at this period is a little friendly. But one thing you will notice is that by 6. 20 the sun is up. And also brace up for crazy cold that start around october ending. Then very hot weather by march!! Have fun wherever u go.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
Guess i would just take a straight bus to maduguri . . . .and link yobe.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by aieromon(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2009
@robocob
Am hearin' a rumor that orientation will be postponed for a week as NYSC is presently on strike.i think i will leave Lagos on tuesday,pass the nite in kaduna and be in katsina wednesday morning.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by iniguy(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
Good luck guys and safe journey.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by bigfather(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2009
Enjoy your stay guys and please do everything possible to avoid trouble !
God Speed ! wink
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by ROBOCOB(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2009
Never heard anything like strike. After all they did pop for 2008 batch b last wk . . . .and they also sent our letter this wk. Some guys posted to far north are traveling 2morow. Any news as per d strike is goin to help.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by Enquirer: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2009
never been to yobe but my kid brother stays in damaturu. he says the weather can be extreme especially in the dry season. scorching desert winds and high temperatures. first rain for the year usually comes in june or july.

you may have to wear masks to cover your face during the harmattan plus everybody uses lipstick or else your lips will sustain ugly fractures [cracks] that would make them resemble a dried out millipede.

and there's a kandahar in damaturu just like in afghanistan. a sort of sin city. call girls and drinking pubs. an anything goes kind of place. a peaceful place though.
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by honsule(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2011
I am Posted to YOBE State too.Will be on my way to FIKA LGA NYSC Orientation Camp on Tuesday 5th July,2011.
This post was quite educative.I continue where u guyz stopped. . . . . . .
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by sirjec(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2011
Use map and find out the location and e sure yourself. I will suggest you apply to NYSC/Police to allow you to own at least a revolver because north is north
Re: Help an Nysc boy about yobe state. (Emergency) by vhera(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2018
Please how much is the fare from Lagos to Yobe?

(1) (Reply)

Redeployed To Ogun State From Adamawa / What Will Happen If One Misses Nysc Headcount / Why Haven't I Gotten My PPA Till Now,i Relocated To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.