Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (29245 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 21, 2016
drnairalov:
nope not necessary..u earned it

one employee was fired 2day in my work place.see what we found under his desk

oh! how I've missed nland grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

buh wuzz your bizness?? angry angry
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by emi14: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Thank you even add very much is very important.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by badman007(m): 2:45am On Feb 21, 2016
YES!!! You say thanks because it's polite.. You should say thanks to a bus driver when you get off and also say thanks when you pay for something from a shop... Just learn to say please and thanks, it wouldn't kill you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by moshino(m): 2:51am On Feb 21, 2016
FroshGirl:
Its not RIGHT to say it - you work for it. its an obligation shaa...

Please, dont do tnat if you want to protect ur integrity (irony)

Obviously you've never had a real, proper legal job in your life, if you did, you'll know differently.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Jilo83(m): 2:54am On Feb 21, 2016
Thank u is not an offensive or abusive statement. we say it to anybody anytime anywhere.
Saying it in this situation is not offensive also not saying it can't change anything.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Boltzmannolly(m): 3:03am On Feb 21, 2016
Which kind thank you. You work for the salary so its your obligation to have it either by hand or bank. If you are a bit late to the office cos of traffic jamz and ur boss issued you querry or get angry. Wuldnt you answer the querry or will he not file in ur file. A beg collect ur sweat or early morning waky waky rushy rushy and enjoy urself.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by MadCow1: 3:03am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!

If ehn count the money give you physically then yes..

If not.. No
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Originalsly: 3:14am On Feb 21, 2016
@op... It doesn't matter if you're receiving pay from your boss or a mango from your maid ....it is common courtesy to say thank you whenever you receive something... even if it is yours.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Lexusgs430: 3:22am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!

Do you still get paid cash directly into your hands?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Lexusgs430: 3:23am On Feb 21, 2016
datalossvictim1:

oh! how I've missed nland grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
buh wuzz your bizness?? angry angry
Welcome back. Where you travel go?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by godG: 3:40am On Feb 21, 2016
No! Your salary is not a privilege, it is your right.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 21, 2016
did he say 'thank you' when you do a good job? then say it to him when he pays. Otherwise, dont undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ejehjoe(m): 4:10am On Feb 21, 2016
AS AN EMPLOYER OF LABOUR, ANY OF MY STAFFERS WHO FAILS TO SAY "THANK YOU" TO ME AT POINT OF CASH SALARY PAYMENT RISKS SACK. I EQUALLY THANK MY STAFF TOO. AS A MATTER OF FACT, MY WORKERS ARE PROPERLY TRAINED TO "THANK" THEIR CLIENTS AFTER TRANSACTION WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT. THOSE WHO CALL OR TEXT ME TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF BANK ALERTS ARE MY FAVOURITES AND I HOLD THEM IN HIGH ESTEEM. CASH AND OTHER MOTIVATIONS ARE USUALLY GIVEN TO SUCH EMPLOYEES FOR BEEN SO DISCIPLINED. IT IS NO BIG DEAL TO SAY THANK YOU TO YOUR BOSS FOR GIVEN YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO RENDER YOUR SERVICES. REMEMBER IT IS AN ACT THAT IS RECIPROCATIVE!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by briandraga: 4:19am On Feb 21, 2016
Sounds like a good idea.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by briandraga: 4:20am On Feb 21, 2016
briandraga:
Sounds like a good idea.
Maybe not.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by briandraga: 4:20am On Feb 21, 2016
briandraga:
Maybe not.
Test
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by FreeBoss: 4:40am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes, because he has the power to HIRE and FIRE you.
And after all it is nice to say thank you to people who
put food on your table every day.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:

Yu still receives salary from the desk?! Honestly, you need to pray for a beta job.

And to yur mind issue, as a gentleman, considering the fact that there are series of employees being owned several months salary, it is indispensable to say a "thank you" wen receiving your salary that is not "past due".
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Peepz will say "u're supposed to earn ur income ". Bt to me, I'll say Thank you as a sign of appreciation and respect...
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 21, 2016
FreeBoss:

Seconded cool
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by datGuyJoo: 5:18am On Feb 21, 2016
Do you still say thank you to your boss if they owe you 4 - 5 months worth of wages?! Or after your job is cut?!

That's real ego tripping for the boss to now think you will thank him as if he is doing you a favor by paying you what you have worked for and earned being given to you several months late.

Not thanking anyone for my money. Not going to be able to do it. I get paid for the services I have rendered. Not give appreciation for my place of work to pay me. It's not personal. It's business.

During tough times like the recession we are all facing now, does your work ask you before they cut your job and thank you after? Please start thinking with a different mindset. Not proud. Just self respect.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by datGuyJoo: 5:22am On Feb 21, 2016
FreeBoss:

You worked for the money?! didnt you? or did you beg for it?

It's a culture thing. It's good manners to thank people. In the business world no one cares. You deliver, you get paid. No harm done. We get caught up in mixing culture with business. works sometime, not everywhere.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by JoeCutie(m): 5:27am On Feb 21, 2016
You should cultivate the culture of saying 'Please', 'Thank you' and 'I'm sorry' and make it a part of you.

Yes, you should say thank you when receiving your pay. Even when collecting YOUR OWN money from the bank, courtesy demands that you say thank you.

And why would people even see this as a big deal
?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by eaglefrank(m): 5:33am On Feb 21, 2016
I see nothing wrong doin that as even the HOLY BIBLE encourages us to be thankful in everything.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by datGuyJoo: 5:41am On Feb 21, 2016
Ejehjoe:
AS AN EMPLOYER OF LABOUR, ANY OF MY STAFFERS WHO FAILS TO SAY "THANK YOU" TO ME AT POINT OF CASH SALARY PAYMENT RISKS SACK. I EQUALLY THANK MY STAFF TOO. AS A MATTER OF FACT, MY WORKERS ARE PROPERLY TRAINED TO "THANK" THEIR CLIENTS AFTER TRANSACTION WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT. THOSE WHO CALL OR TEXT ME TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF BANK ALERTS ARE MY FAVOURITES AND I HOLD THEM IN HIGH ESTEEM. CASH AND OTHER MOTIVATIONS ARE USUALLY GIVEN TO SUCH EMPLOYEES FOR BEEN SO DISCIPLINED. IT IS NO BIG DEAL TO SAY THANK YOU TO YOUR BOSS FOR GIVEN YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO RENDER YOUR SERVICES. REMEMBER IT IS AN ACT THAT IS RECIPROCATIVE!

And therein lies the problem. You will let a great employee go. Whom has worked all month long. Comes into work on time. Works overtime when asked to. Is courteous and respectful to you and everyone, because the employee did not say thank you for the money he/she earned.

Lord I'm glad I do not have some people as bosses lol.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by KingsleyCEO: 5:46am On Feb 21, 2016
If it's across the counter payment like paying you cash it's OK to say thank you, but if the reverse is the case then it's not too necessary.

But for me I close every transaction with a thank you whether I've earned it or not, that's me and not you. and I don't call it humility, just a natural configuration.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by datGuyJoo: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2016
KingsleyCEO:
If it's across the counter payment like paying you cash it's OK to say thank you, but if the reverse is the case then it's not too necessary.

But for me I close every transaction with a thank you whether I've earned it or not, that's me and not you. and I don't call it humility, just a natural configuration.

I agree. As an everyday normal thing to do and way to treat people, say please, thank you and you are welcome. Just on the premise that one is collecting a salary and the giver(employer) expects a thank you?! lol nope.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by canDy4eva(f): 6:02am On Feb 21, 2016
LaurelP:
Saying thank you is like a reflex action whenever u receive something.
Just reason how it would be if u collected ur salary from ur boss and just walked out.
true talk. Saying "thanks" is something that should be done unconsciously, irrespective who the giver is. So it is OK to say thanks....
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by deefem81: 6:15am On Feb 21, 2016
As a ghost worker u can thank him coz u didn't work for d money
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 21, 2016
Even if he, or anyone, hands me a piece of paper that is not even a paycheck, courtesy requires me to say thank you and the giving person to say you're welcome.

But I wasn't raised in a barn with farm animals so I am naturally courteous.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 6:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Saying thank you is a three way thing and depends on the employer
1. One employer will see it as a sign that you are underperforming and sees your salary as a gift not earned by hardwork but attendance marking.
2. Another will see it as being appreciative of the Employers effort and value it.
3. Yet another will see it as eye service.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.