Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe (1350 Views)

Wild Chimpanzee Killed And Roasted In Delta State (Photos) / Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe by scarletpearl(f): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eat naija food to increase the value of naira lol!
my lovely neighbours gave me a bunch of slightly ripe plantain and i wanted to make something unusual with it,
lo and behold this wonderful idea came, saw a carrot and quarter green pepper i had use from the previous day so i said why not make a sauce then roast plantain in oven, so I dashed into my garden cut scent leave and unripe pepper.
I made very little yesterday and it turned out excellent, share with same neighbours(husband and wife) and two of my family members, they loved it decided to repeat it today so I can haves picture to share.

ingredients
- palm oil
- onion
- ripe and unripe pepper
- dry catfish
- carrot
- green pepper
- scent leave (efirin)
- seasoning
- plantain

method
- peel and cut plantain into two and place in oven tray and switch on put timer for 40min
check to confirm its ready

- slice onion, using a hand grinder grind pepper, and pour in same plate
- chop carrot, green pepper and scent leave into a place
- remove bone of the dry catfish and set aside.
- place pot on the fire,pour oil and heat for a min
- add onion and pepper and dry fish then fry for 7min
-season with Maggi and salt
- add carrot, green pepper and scent leave then all to fry for 3 minutes and its ready

NB
- you can use ripe pepper alone if u don't have unripe pepper
- carrot and green pepper sound odd, yes I know, but the taste in palm oil sauce can't be described until u try it.
- don't allow plantain to be too dry, check after 30 to make sure its okay

Re: Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Looks yummy
Re: Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe by scarletpearl(f): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mrs0J:
Looks yummy
thank u ma
Re: Oven Roasted Plantain & An Unusual Vegetable Sauce Recipe by aydelicious: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
The sauce is excellent..

Yummy!!! Tasty Nigerian Exquisite Delicacies That You Will Love / How To Make Barbecue Fish In Just 15 Minutes / My Trap Just Caught A Bush Rat.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8