Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" (34053 Views)

Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by 9jatatafo(m): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Academic Oshuala
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
enygmababe:

shocked shocked

I wonder why we hate ourselves. Females especially.

From the way she spoke, I deduce that she does not intend to come back to Nigeria but if she does and if she has been publishing articles while doing her Ph.D she can be a Prof. in no time. There are lots of ways to harness money from academics if you know your way about it.

You go girl 'we' are proud of you. I am even more proud of the diplomatic way she answered all the questions so as not to put anyone down.

Congratulations, God bless you and your parents.

....And you must play the "hate" card abi??..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
harsysky:

You welcome, bro! Foolishness doesn't leave people until they are on dia dying bed.

Why would a slowpoke or sadist hold me ransom on the account I must pass an exam through him or her. And even when I perform exceptionally, s/he has the right to mark me down. Rubbish! I hate schools with passion!
lol! not as I do but hate NAIJA schooling system.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by harsysky(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
enygmababe:

shocked shocked

I wonder why we hate ourselves. Females especially.

From the way she spoke, I deduce that she does not intend to come back to Nigeria but if she does and if she has been publishing articles while doing her Ph.D she can be a Prof. in no time. There are lots of ways to harness money from academics if you know your way about it.

You go girl 'we' are proud of you. I am even more proud of the diplomatic way she answered all the questions so as not to put anyone down.

Congratulations, God bless you and your parents.

I don't hate it but using it as a yardstick for everyone is what I hate.

It's her path, congrats to her. I'm happy for her also but if people take her in high esteem for just acquiring PHD, menh , we are haters ,too, to those who have done exceptionally well in business and other fields without PHD. That's my point!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by harsysky(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
sonofananimal:
lol! not as I do but hate NAIJA schooling system.

Hahaha! The schooling system in naija runs backward and we celebrate it like it's the best thing that ever happens to us. Useless lecturers, useless systems! We beg them to teach even after paying them. Don't we deserve to get full satisfaction from what we paid for? They tell us it is at their own best time to teach us not ours, even if it takes us 10years to graduate.

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Miracle4Sure: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Impressive

2 Likes

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by yahwehreigns: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
I love celebrating good things. Wishing her the best in all her endeavors. God bless her. Amen

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
harsysky:

Hahaha! The schooling system in naija runs backward and we celebrate it like it's the best thing that ever happens to us. Useless lecturers, useless systems! We beg them to teach even after paying them. Don't we deserve to get full satisfaction from what we paid for? They tell us it is at their own best time to teach us not ours, even if it takes us 10years to graduate.
we worship lecturer here ALOT. no good knowledge communication between students and the lecturer.

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Coolguy89(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
wow am hapi for her,and am 27 here and never finish degree.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Coolguy89(m): 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
irunooboo:
[size=13pt] undecided Phd wey she use toto collect. Mtcheeew. Not impresssed undecided[/size]
jealousy jealousy,just congratulate her cos evn na her pvssy she use e stil no easy.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by peddy231(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
7Alexander:
So she gained admission into LASU at the age of 15. OK oo
I swear down,the age just doesn't just add up. I remember Lasu used to have issues with their academic calender that period.For a 4 Year programme one could spend 5-6 years, talk more of a 5year ish. Anyways Kudos to her.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Blackops(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
Her story reminds of convo last year Dec at OAU, my uncle was like why is it that the First class prizes were won by ladies. What are we boys doing, I said we were busy chasing those girls.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by blessed4nations(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oh my God when will people learn to celebrate excellence ? A girl at the age of 26 as PHD holder is worthy of commendation and should be a role model for our girls today that believe that all they need is to make up and walk the street without really having any where in mind going but to scavenge for clueless guys in need of fun. My lady Bravo honestly I appreciate and celebrate you. I wish we can have more of your kind now that we really need good leaders with focus both in our homes and government. Congratulations !
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Muhammad1988(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
menabae:
Good for her,hardwork pays

each an every individual has his or her destiny and potential, i cant lie at 26 i was in ss2 and am 30 still undergraduate, at what did you think i will become phd holder?. hmmmmm
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by blackprowler: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
As I always say, it is PhD that got Jonathan to Aso Rock. Lemme tell y'all today: PhD is not an indication of intelligence; IQ test suffices better. PhD is the result of someone spending time at university to get a PhD. In successful countries, people are using PhDs to research and better their countries and the world. Many of the problems we have in Africa here are subjects of PhD programmes by oyibos in their countries. But amongst the Africans themselves nko o: PhD is for status. Or pls has anyone heard any breakthrough by a Nigerian on their PhDs? Malaria is an exclusively tropical disease; mosquitos don't exist in Europe/US. But the world is close to finding a vaccine for malaria from those countries' research, some of which are PhDs. Do you think White man will ever respect you when they solve all your problems in addition to theirs? By the way, what is a PhD at 26 a big deal about? If from birth all your parents want you to achieve is PhD, you're pretty-much ordinary: secondary school at 17, 4 yrs BSc; can't you get a PhD in 5yrs? MSc is one year in the UK and I know PhDs exist straight from bachelors for 3years. I'm not even counting actual genuises who get into university at 10 years of age. Nigerians are too dumb. Life is easy now, just google things and read. I understand the average Nairalander can't read more than 1000 words. So how many of you "graduates" have read a complete book then? Nigeria is a joke!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by mrphate(m): 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
i can do better, not necessarily in getting a PhD but in my lifetime pursuits... say it 3times
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by jericco1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
kilode100:
At 26, I already had 2 kids and millions in my account.

Not impressed.

That's what happen when you reside in a brothel
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Muhammad1988(m): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nothing good comes easy! Is not easy to obtain such qualification at the age of 26, chaiii congrats once again. I wish u can marry me i could have sale my father's farms and bring all the money to you!!

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
jericco1:

That's what happen when you reside in a brothel

Customer, Welcome o.. This one sabi every corner for "our" brothel..

5 Likes

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by jericco1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
kilode100:

Customer, Welcome o.. This one sabi every corner for "our" brothel..

OK
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
jericco1:

OK

Thanks for stopping by kiss
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by jericco1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
kilode100:

Thanks for stopping by kiss

Thank God for your life, at least you weren't scurrilous.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by STARGREEN(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
To God be praised. Congrats once more. Wishing you many more. Am happy for you
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by STARGREEN(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
To God be praised. Congrats once more. Wishing you many more. Am happy for her
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
jericco1:

Thank God for your life, at least you weren't scurrilous.

I had to google scurrilous o.. Una dey blow big grammar for nairaland...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by jericco1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
kilode100:

I had to google scurrilous o.. Una dey blow big grammar for nairaland...

I believe you'd add that to your list of vocab smiley wink
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by kilode100(f): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
jericco1:

I believe you'd add that to your list of vocab smiley wink

cool
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Muhammad1988(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
[quote author=blackprowler post=43126612]As I always say, it is PhD that got Jonathan to Aso Rock. Lemme tell y'all today: PhD is not an indication of intelligence; IQ test suffices better. PhD is the result of someone spending time at university to get a PhD. In successful countries, people are using PhDs to research and better their countries and the world. Many of the problems we have in Africa here are subjects of PhD programmes by oyibos in their countries. But amongst the Africans themselves nko o: PhD is for status. Or pls has anyone heard any breakthrough by a Nigerian on their PhDs? Malaria is an exclusively tropical disease; mosquitos don't exist in Europe/US. But the world is close to finding a vaccine for malaria from those countries' research, some of which are PhDs. Do you think White man will ever respect you when they solve all your problems in addition to theirs? By the way, what is a PhD at 26 a big deal about? If from birth all your parents want you to achieve is PhD, you're pretty-much ordinary: secondary school at 17, 4 yrs BSc; can't you get a PhD in 5yrs? MSc is one year in the UK and I know PhDs exist straight from bachelors for 3years. I'm not even counting actual genuises who get into university at 10 years of age. Nigerians are too dumb. Life is easy now, just google things and read. I understand the average Nairalander can't read more than 1000 words. So how many of you "graduates" have read a complete book then? Nigeria is a joke![/quot

a beg this is jelous, the girl has made it by utilizing her time, energy and resources to become what she is today. Even if she does nothing from now on, that record will be there for ever. She is ph.D holder what are you then? She is the youngest ph.D holder in nigeria what is your honour then? She bright the image of nigeria in the university what did you do to nigeria as an indigen? She made nigeria proud what is your contribution to the country? She bright the name of her schools, state, local government area and her families as well how comes you?.
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by ahmadmuazu5(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
kilode100:
At 26, I already had 2 kids and millions in my account.

Not impressed.
I wish I am near you I will have slap you
Re: Romola Adeola, 26-Year-Old Phd Holder: "I Had No Time For Social Activities" by Keepshining(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
dre11:

www.punchng.com/i-had-no-time-for-social-activities-phd-holder-26/

She looks like my younger sister. Awww! I'm so happy for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Facebook Nursery & Primary School' In Lagos(photo) / KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.