Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

#50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! (1575 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
pls I need serious help, UBA is milking me dry, I've
been slugging it out with their online customer care
service for about 2weeks now, they are still telling me
it's applicable to my account despite the fact that am
operating a regular savings account.
My company paid my salary, uba commot #50, personal
purpose deposit from 3rd party, UBA commot another,
I don't know what to do o.
I have sent a mail to CBN through the official facebook
page to please clarify if am affected or not, because
when I told UBA that transfer/withdrawals from savings
accounts are exempted, the customer care
representative said, deposits into savings are not, only
transfer/withdrawals from savings.
Everything just seems as though I no get ordinary
credit pass for GNS on top sey na Banking and Finance
sef I studied and currently an Accountant in the
making. I need help ooo
cc; seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Akkord4gov: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
If they are milking you,you sef teaing them grin grin grin ; grin grin grin
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Lordtrillion(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yes oh, keep disturbing them. It doesn't apply to Savings acct.

Diamond bank just refunded me #800 from the #900 they charged me earlier. I was surprised when I got the alert despite not calling them
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
Akkord4gov:
If they are milking you,you sef teaing them grin grin grin ; grin grin grin
oooooooooooooo, why person like this go be ftc on my thread now, abeg edit your post. vex dey vex me Abasi mbok.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by boboLIL(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
If they are milking you.. You 'tea' them naw...lolss
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Akkord4gov: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

oooooooooooooo, why person like this go be ftc on my thread now, abeg edit your post. vex dey vex me Abasi mbok.

So na me u wan transfer your aggression to abi? That is the problem of we Nigerians,u see Aso Rock there,u no go vex there na me wey dey enjoy my cold tea and milk jeje you dey shakara for
U never chi chomtin grin grin grin grin
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Akkord4gov:

So na me u wan transfer your aggression to abi? That is the problem of we Nigerians,u see Aso Rock there,u no go vex there na me wey dey enjoy my cold tea and milk jeje you dey shakara for
U never chi chomtin grin grin grin grin
na my problem be dat, I no sabi transfer e-aggression, I for don send am to UBA hq, when the place come down, CBN go wan find out the cause.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Eljaycee: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2016
Oga!! But the CBN circular states that the only transactions exempted from the stamp duty charge are;
Payment deposits or transfers from self to self whether inter or intra bank
Any form of transfers from third party will be charged, irrespective of the account….. stop building a mountain out of mole hill jare… I think we should rather callout CBN to stop all these charges jare….
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Ohans04: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2016
Oga oooo shey you don follow them talk well because they debit my savings account but the explanation them give me i understand them as i read the circular
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by famopompy(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2016
Bros... all this kind talk de tire me... so wetin you want make we do now abegi go meet CBN jare... Because of your talk i had to go download the circular to study it again... http://www.cenbank.org/Out/2016/CCD/SCAN0001.pdf its a price we are paying... i remember when we all were clamoring for change.... this is also part of change.... lol....
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by adeagbeleniyi: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
pls I need serious help, UBA is milking me dry, I've
been slugging it out with their online customer care
service for about 2weeks now, they are still telling me
it's applicable to my account despite the fact that am
operating a regular savings account.
My company paid my salary, uba commot #50, personal
purpose deposit from 3rd party, UBA commot another,
I don't know what to do o.
I have sent a mail to CBN through the official facebook
page to please clarify if am affected or not, because
when I told UBA that transfer/withdrawals from savings
accounts are exempted, the customer care
representative said, deposits into savings are not, only
transfer/withdrawals from savings.
Everything just seems as though I no get ordinary
credit pass for GNS on top sey na Banking and Finance
sef I studied and currently an Accountant in the
making. I need help ooo
cc; seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove
Boss, u neva tell us wetin CBN tell u. U know say d battle na between us and CBN making money 4rm us.. Banks just dey collect for dem. So just give us d feedback from dem and dont be too hard on ur self. Its not abt ur GNS score.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2016
adeagbeleniyi:

Boss, u neva tell us wetin CBN tell u. U know say d battle na between us and CBN making money 4rm us.. Banks just dey collect for dem. So just give us d feedback from dem and dont be too hard on ur self. Its not abt ur GNS score.
more than 48hrs now, and I've not gotten a response from them. I will send a reminder today. Thanks.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2016
famopompy:
Bros... all this kind talk de tire me... so wetin you want make we do now abegi go meet CBN jare... Because of your talk i had to go download the circular to study it again... http://www.cenbank.org/Out/2016/CCD/SCAN0001.pdf its a price we are paying... i remember when we all were clamoring for change.... this is also part of change.... lol....
hey bro, if it's legal for me to pay it, I have no issues with that, why I'm raising alarm is due to the fact that some people claims they are not charged by their banks and refunds was even made by some banks in some cases on savings account.
I have the document with me, am not challenging the bank for the fun of it, it's better for my cash to stay with any government irrespective of corrupt it might be than to stay with a private company.
Forget the CHANGE noise you are trying to introduce to the matter, I'm an advocate of tax, it gives citizens a reason to seek for reasons for government actions.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by OlujobaSamuel: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2016
Eljaycee:
Oga!! But the CBN circular states that the only transactions exempted from the stamp duty charge are;
Payment deposits or transfers from self to self whether inter or intra bank
Any form of transfers from third party will be charged, irrespective of the account….. stop building a mountain out of mole hill jare… I think we should rather callout CBN to stop all these charges jare….
thanks. I will still pursue my complaint with CBN, I
hope they will clarify it better, if savings account is
truly included, then they should remove that
withdrawal/transfer from savings account clause, that
statement is causing commotion.
I don't even mind paying the money if it's legal, but to
be charged for salary when it's exempted or charged
for any other receipts is kinda giving the banks the
money, because they might even steal it in connivance
with one crook government officer, and person no go
know anything.
Re: #50 Stamp Duty: UBA Is Milking Me, HELP!!! by Chide4Mannie: 2:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Bros, while you are waiting for CBN's response why not also ask the UBA customer care about the salary ish by sending a mail to cfc@ubagroup.com "they've got good response time".

However, that CBN circular is pretty straight to the point and i am hopeful you get any clarification to share with us Nairalanders. Well my sis who is a Barrister had explained that current accounts are charged for transfers from/to the account. It's just for avoidance of doubt as she simply put it a caveat... that transfers/deposits[b] to[/b] self and withdrawals from your savings account are the only exemptions from the stamp duty charge.

BUt this your title sef...

(1) (Reply)

Book Your Flight Ticket At Airline Rates At CTLTT / List Of Fastest Selling Products. / Please sponsor or partner with me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.