Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes (996 Views)

Guam Is Telling Its Citizens How To Survive A Nuclear Attack By North Korea. / Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money / This Will Be Your BEST READ Today: Why We Ate Our Friends Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes by duketunde: 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
This is a story that looks like something out of a horror movie, but it's very real, though it is a long piece but i bet you will not want to miss this for anything...It's the story of the survivors of a plane that crashed in the Andes, who had to eat the bodies of their dead friends in order to survive. One of the survivors wrote this haunting and deeply moving booking detailing their 10 weeks near death experience and journey to find help:

Behind us, the fuselage grew smaller and smaller in the distance. Our friends watched from the wreckage of the plane as the two of us began climbing the mountain wall. I turned round occasionally to look at them until they were shadowy pinpricks, tiny black ants moving along a snowy white canvas.
No wonder the rescue planes hadn’t seen us. With the white fuselage camouflaged against the snow, we were totally invisible. Finally, I could no longer see our friends, and I felt a rush of anxiety as the umbilical cord that kept us attached to them was severed.
There were only 16 of us left now, out of the original 45 who’d been on board when the plane plunged out of the sky two months before. Would we ever see them again? I doubted it.

We’d said goodbye with the first rays of dawn as we set out on our life-or-death mission. We wore several jumpers and pairs of trousers. We’d lost so much weight that we could easily wear them all at once.
On my back was a makeshift sleeping bag constructed from the insulation fibres in the plane’s tailpiece. I also carried a rugby sock stuffed with our food: strips of frozen human flesh we’d cut, amid much torment and soul-searching, from the bodies of our friends who’d died.
My friend Nando and I walked in our rugby boots, using cushions from the plane as snowshoes, and we each carried a length of rope and a metal stick. In truth, we had no idea what we needed. Neither of us had any climbing experience whatsoever.
The mountain wall was nearly vertical, and the air was so thin that every few yards we found ourselves gasping for breath. As night swiftly devoured twilight, we could suddenly see nothing ahead. We didn’t know whether we were stepping on to firm ground or about to fall into a ravine.
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/02/we-ate-our-friends-body-to-survive-for.html#sthash.lxlwmQWo.dpuf

Re: We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes by Akkord4gov: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nawa o
Re: We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cannibals! They couldn't fish, or eat plants
Re: We Ate Our Friends Body To Survive For 10 Weeks, After Plane Crash In The Andes by duketunde: 12:48am On Feb 23, 2016
there's no plant or stream to fish in the valley of death where they found themselves
Muafrika2:
Cannibals! They couldn't fish, or eat plants

(1) (Reply)

HOW AMERICAN SOLDIERS USED PIG'S BLOOD AND CORPSES TO FIGHT MUSLIM TERRORISM / The Donald Fails In First Debate-picture Thread / Final Debate Between Trump And Clinton, See The Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.