Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) (40070 Views)

Fake Naval Rating, Others Arrested For Robbery (photo) / Fake Naval Officer Snaps Girl Unclad In Hotel After Sex, Tries To Take Her Blood / Olugboyega Olubiyi-Ayokunle: Wanted Fake Naval Officer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by ijustdey: 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
I paid N1,000 to obtain ID card – Fake Naval officer

laleye Aluko

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a fake naval officer, Ahmed Abdullahi, in the Victoria Island area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that 37-year-old Abdullahi from Adamawa State was apprehended while he was on a trip to Lekki, reportedly to raise money for his wedding billed for March 27.

Our correspondent gathered that when Abdullahi, who rode a motorcycle, was accosted by the police around the tollgate area on Wednesday, he allegedly showed them his fake naval identity card.

It was said that when the policemen were about to let him go, some people in the area reportedly hinted the police that Abdullahi was impersonating and he had been on the navy wanted list.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspect was thereafter arrested and two fake ID cards recovered from him.

Speaking with our correspondent, Abdullahi said he got the fake ID card to protect his motorcycle from traffic officials, including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority and policemen.

Abdullahi added that his bride and parents, who were in Adamawa State, had yet to know that he had been arrested by the police, pleading that he should be freed to go and plan his wedding.

He said, “I am not a robber, but it is true that I impersonated a naval officer. I started impersonating in December 2015. I am a motorcyclist, and I wanted to be able to move on roads without any restriction.

“I wanted to avoid trouble from area boys, LASTMA officials and policemen. I came to Lagos last year and I am preparing for my wedding in Adamawa. My bride, Aisha, and my parents do not know that I have been arrested. The police did not allow me to call them. It is only my neighbours in Obalende, where I stay, who know.”

The suspect added that he got the ID card from a friend in Abuja after paying him a sum of N1,000.

He said, “I believe everything that happens is from God. It was one of my friends who got the naval ID card for me. I collected it from him in Abuja last year after paying N1,000.

“On the day I was arrested, policemen just stopped me during a search around Lekki while I was on my motorcycle. I showed them my ID card. They were going to let me go when some people nearby raised the alarm that the navy had been looking for me for the past two weeks, and the police should arrest me.

“I want to go back to Adamawa so I can prepare for my wedding on March 27. If I survive this case, I will not come to Lagos State again. I will just settle down with my family in Adamawa and work on my father’s farm.”

The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded Abdullahi and other suspects, said the suspects, if found culpable, would be charged to court, adding that the command would continue to ensure security of lives and property in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/fake-naval-officer-arrested-weeks-to-wedding/

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by theshaderoom: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nah wah o
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by brajy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
only God!!! only God!!! only God!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
U believe everything that happens comes from God. So was it God that asked u to become an imposter? Nonsense talk. Just pray the court rules in your favour if not that march27 wedding will hold but WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

3 Likes

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by adren(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
man must chop..

i salute his courage and brevity... it is what is needed to make ends meet in this difficult economic downtimes jona and bullari has put us in..

press like if you agree that impersonating is better than scamming.. press share if you think scamming is better than stealing..

in other news, the thunder that will fire NYSC for postponing NYSC deployment from march 2 to march 30 is doing press up..
i swear, march 30 looks like a year away...

fed up of doing the same routine each passing day..

i am grateful for the gift of life sha

4 Likes

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
Too bad, i pity the bride more. SHAME. . . . . The line 'if i survive this case, i will not come to Lagos again... Lai lai (lai lai added for emphasis!!)' really got me lol!!
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
I blaim Buhari for this

1 Like

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by kalebsky: 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
ok
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by mranova(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
Na wa o, see as him gentle now, if u investigate you find out say him dey open eye join shout on top people well well.
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by simplycarro: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
There are many of them like that who impersonate security officials.
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Him get the mind to impersonate naaaw.. Make him get the mind to serve the job too.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
story for the gods
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please.......is weddinq not done in the prison?......after all we have weddinqs in idp grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by ictmikky(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chai

1 Like

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by famousroland(m): 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
He should be freed jare
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by josephmbonu: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Tomorrow they will say that police is not working. Make I see anyone who will insult Nigeria police again.

1 Like

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Hysmady(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lolz...
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by emilyone(f): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
See him face like mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by talkme(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
This baba, Ur problem is navy abi. Don't worry wen we r don with u, Ur village king will not recognise u again. Bloody clown want to belong.
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by keniolawumi56(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
My suya don enter. Kai
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by elijahsinto(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
FTC finally... Na Buhari cause am Everytin on Buhari
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by samguru(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
Na bye bye be that.

Happy married life in advance convict
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by soaksman: 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
You don enter...Devil don expose you
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by ERCROSS(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
This is what happens when u want to marry ur village chief priest crush...

2 Likes

Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by deathmen12: 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
playing with fire...u wanted to move free with fake ID, it has landed u in big mess now.
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
K
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by oje20(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
datz quite funny and look odd is a big crime against the law...(dr ojef)
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by paulsnov: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Fake... Eya
Re: Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) by BE811APP: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oh No

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Found Dead After Hosting Her 'Come-We-Stay' Husband / 10 Yahoo-boys Impersonating American Soldiers Paraded By EFCC In Rivers (photo) / Buhari Having Breakfast With French And Nigerian CEOs At MEDEF (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.