Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Css Quiz Time 2 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Css Quiz Time 2 (829 Views)

Most Confusing And Simple Maths Quiz / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / Quiz Time 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Css Quiz Time 2 by yawatide(f): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2009
Here is another tricky issue to deal with:

You have a header area for your site like so:
<div id="header">blah</div>

The header has some background which you of course, via css, code it like so:

div#header { width: 900px; background:#fff url(images.gif) no-repeat left top; }

You are feeling good about yourself until you ask me to review it.  I then notice that whereas the background displays well in FF, it looks chopped off in IE.

Why, based on the code above, would this be the case? What is the solution?

As always, I await your answers.
Re: Css Quiz Time 2 by kehers(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
Hmm, one reason could be that the div's content doesnt extend to the image's height. If it's that, the way to it is giving the div a min-height hat is equal to the height of d image. Hope Im not misinterpreting ur question grin
Re: Css Quiz Time 2 by yawatide(f): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2009
Actually, you are very correct kehers. The first time I encountered this, I spent hours trying to figure it out when it hit me that I should probably test the idea of setting a height out.

Sometimes, the "simplest" of things, take the most time to figure out.

Now, off to find something far more trickier cool
Re: Css Quiz Time 2 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2009
. . .ehm ehm. . .

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Technology Blog / Php Vs. Apache / Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.