Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. (727 Views)

Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. / Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) / Please Help, I'm Growing Bald At 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by hearingaid: 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
please bear my long write up. I am typing this great sorrow in my heart and just have to create a new moniker for this topic.
I actually don't know where to begin. I am at a dead end here and I need urgent help.
It all started 16years ago (April 2000) coz I can still remember vividly when half of my proper living was taken away from me. I got sick from an unknown ailment which affected my left leg and glory be to God it wasn't cut but I still can't work properly like normal people but that doesn't bother me too much. What has been a pain in the neck and hurt for me was that at the period of admission (spent 6 months) in the hospital was that on one fateful day, I discovered that I can't hear properly again. I mean my left hearing was totally gone while the right was losing it's strength by half before God helped me to discovered it. Since then it has been a rough and tough journey because I have to focus my gaze on anybody talking to me before I can pickup whatever the person is saying. And since then it has been difficult for me to socialize, and mingle freely with people. I became withdrawn to myself because of the ridicules I got. it is really painful when someone is insulting u to your face but you can't hear the person.
A lot of opportunities have been missed due to this ailment. I was in JSS1 in 2000 when the sickness happened but despite this, I still finished my SSCE (2006) with good grades and I'm now a B.Tech holder with 2.1 (second class upper division) much to the surprise of my course mates and friends but all glory to God. I just concluded my NYSC late last year but it's been difficult getting job and part of this is because of my low hearing.
I wasn't able to get treatment for this my hearing problem basically because I'm from a poor family and all I was told then was that i should give it time that I will regain it sooner. But this is the 16th year and still no change. I'm now frustrated because this is a critical period in my life and I don't want spend it in loneliness, frustration and withdrawal.
I believe I can hear properly either through treatment or hearing aids and I am determined to regain my hearing back by all means but I don't know really know the steps I should take and I don't have money for treatment. Please great and merciful people in the house, I really need your help in all aspects (advice, guidance, prayer, finance) to hear properly again.
Please kindly render any help you can for me so my life won't be a waste. May you never spend your life half deaf IJN.
I really appreciate all help in advance. God bless you all.
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sorry about your situation, I believe you have prayed about it, but if I may ask, what practical approach have you taken towards the hearing problem?
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by hearingaid: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
favoured234:
Sorry about your situation, I believe you have prayed about it, but if I may ask, what practical approach have you taken towards the hearing problem?

thanks mam... I have been praying fervently since 16 years. I was told then to give it time but I believe something can be done instead of waiting endlessly. I haven't visit any hearing hospital because I don't know any and don't even have the financial ability to go for proper treatment.
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
hearingaid:

thanks mam... I have been praying fervently since 16 years. I was told then to give it time but I believe something can be done instead of waiting endlessly. I haven't visit any hearing hospital because I don't know any and don't even have the financial ability to go for proper treatment.

That is to say you don't even know what the problem has been for the past 16 years.... Hmmmm that's bad...
Go and know what the problem is before you start looking for solution
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by hearingaid: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
favoured234:

That is to say you don't even know what the problem has been for the past 16 years.... Hmmmm that's bad...
Go and know what the problem is before you start looking for solution
ma'am, the problem is I can't hear properly I need help to solve it. what else I'm I missing?
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
hearingaid:

ma'am, the problem is I can't hear properly I need help to solve it. what else I'm I missing?
This is pretty simple, find your way to any government hospital, go to the ear nose and throat (ENT) clinic, it might just cost you a little then you know what the problem really is, maybe a hearing aid or some minor issue that was not properly taken care of.

Then you would have known what you are up against...
I have given advice, prayers and guidance at least you asked for it
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by Eleganza33(f): 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oh pls stop
Re: I Need Help! I'm Tired Of My Hearing Problem. by hearingaid: 6:27am On Feb 23, 2016
favoured234:

This is pretty simple, find your way to any government hospital, go to the ear nose and throat (ENT) clinic, it might just cost you a little then you know what the problem really is, maybe a hearing aid or some minor issue that was not properly taken care of.

Then you would have known what you are up against...
I have given advice, prayers and guidance at least you asked for it
Thanks for your advice, I will do just as you have said.

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Meet The Newborn Born Baby That Is Actually 12 Years Old (photo) / Diabetes: How To Prevent And Completely Reverse Type 2 Diabetes! / 5 Things That Happen If You Quit Sugar For Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.