Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs (6440 Views)

How Jumia And Konga Get Cheap Courier / Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products / What's The Best Way To Transfer Money To Nigeria Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by starpower(m): 2:04am On Mar 01, 2016
Edited
Jumia as improved and returned all they owe us at Talkers Energy and cases in which items where damaged refunds where made.
They now guarantee sellers 30days refunds when item returned is delayed more than 30days.

Will advise you clarify this statement as we ain't there spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2016
starpower:
jumia system is bleeped up. Our store Name is Talkers Energy, we have close to 12 orders valued at 120K, and it hasnt been returned. My boss has given me 40days to communicate for a refund or return.[left][/left]

ISSues
They dont reply mails
arrogant account managers
To get packaging material is wahala
There staffs thinks they are doing you a favour on the platform
there transport assets are getting damaged and poor services.
They suspended our store for not dropping-off during salah holiday.

Honestly i have high regards for there gimmicks of requesting we sign agreement for selling on the platform, all na wash.d

Thanks for sharing your experience .I believe their staffs are here reading all comments. Their is no doubt this is the worst E-commerce in Nigeria .they have failed many and still deceiving some Merchants who failed to learn from others experience.
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
Let's keep the thread alive
More comments
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
Share more experience here ...more sellers comment pls
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by signz: 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
franzis:
honestly I didn't read all you wrote because am not making any sense out it, i am neither a staff nor work for jumia. I am also a seller on jumia , search my store @ bestprice , same as Konga... I have been on jumia platform since the late 2014 and not for once had my store ever been delisted , suspended....I get my returns and payment ,@ a time they used to bring my returns to me ..I maintain a good relationship with my account manager who attend to any issue I report... Before now why didn't u raise up this issues, why now

Brother,

Please how much is Jumia commission and also Kongas commission.

Pls which one is better. I want to venture into online sales of my products. Thanks
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by franzis(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
signz:

Brother,

Please how much is Jumia commission and also Kongas commission.

Pls which one is better. I want to venture into online sales of my products. Thanks
the commissions are charged depending on the category of items you selling, but jumia has a higher commission structure than Konga... E.g fashion and accessories on jumia is 25% while on Konga it's between 10-12%
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by signz: 8:22am On Mar 05, 2016
franzis:
the commissions are charged depending on the category of items you selling, but jumia has a higher commission structure than Konga... E.g fashion and accessories on jumia is 25% while on Konga it's between 10-12%

I have been reading bad things lately about Konga not paying their merchants. Pls can you confirm if it's true or false.

I just saw your profile now and found out you use Kaymu. Please kindly advise me on the best platform to use.

Thanks again
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by franzis(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2016
signz:

I have been reading bad things lately about Konga not paying their merchants. Pls can you confirm if it's true or false.

I just saw your profile now and found out you use Kaymu. Please kindly advise me on the best platform to use.

Thanks again
False .. The payments are even faster with the introduction of Konga pay.. Use the 3

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by signz: 8:48am On Mar 05, 2016
franzis:
False .. The payments are even faster with the introduction of Konga pay.. Use the 3

Correct man.

tnx
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
signz:

Thanks again

Stay away from. Jumia.

You have read sellers experience here . it's left for you to learn. If you want to join E-commerce atall .try konga

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by shawn5ng(m): 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2016
tityboi:

Stay away from. Jumia.

You have read sellers experience here . it's left for you to learn. If you want to join E-commerce atall .try konga
i guess you are doing a paid job for konga guy. I sell on all platform but jumia to me is better. though to some ppl konga is the best while to some ppl jumia is the best likewise other platform.
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
shawn5ng:

i guess you are doing a paid job for konga guy. I sell on all platform but jumia to me is better. though to some ppl konga is the best while to some ppl jumia is the best likewise other platform.

I guess ure new. Don't get too excited as you will end up in the dark. Take a wise decision with your goods and money .this guys will ruin your business
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
More comments from experienced Merchants
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 9:47am On Mar 15, 2016
More comments pls
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by omoharry(f): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
signz:

Thanks again
That is sooo not true..I am a merchant on Konga..there is no sales sold through them that they have not paid me for..the only thing is that payment will be delayed 7days after customers payment becos of the return policy.This you can track on your kong wallet/pay platform.Konga rocks abeg.
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by signz: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
omoharry:
That is sooo not true..I am a merchant on Konga..there is no sales sold through them that they have not paid me for..the only thing is that payment will be delayed 7days after customers payment becos of the return policy.This you can track on your kong wallet/pay platform.Konga rocks abeg.

Thank you very much
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Konga remains the best . more comments . .and for those who haven't learn their lessons .this is the best time for you to stay away from Jumia .
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
I just heard their return process is now worst than before....na wa o
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by Babyadachi: 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
I think due to the hardship we're used to in this country, we don't know right from wrong anymore. But it's all okay. In the end, it remains a matter of individual choice, and some of us will never take rubbish from anyone.
I was gladly selling on my Konga platform when I suddenly got a call one day from Jumia that they got my contacts online, and invited me to sell on their platform. Since I've heard earlier about Jumia's evil services, I humbly turned them down. When for months they gave me no rest, I finally opened an account, but refused to list items on it. They continued to disturb me. I reluctantly listed a few items. Then I got my first order. I wasn't told how to process it. I was just told to update to ready to ship and then print and take to their warehouse. That was during the era of inputing barcodes yourself. When I got to their warehouse, I was told I inputed a wrong code and as such, it won't ship. I called the guy who had been worrying my phone and luring me into opening an account with Jumia to assist. He categorically told me there was nothing he could do. That was the day I learned my first lesson. I however ended up delivering the item myself and pocketing the huge commission Jumia would have chopped from me. Don't ask me how I did it anyway. The second order I got after that one was canceled while the order had already been shipped to their warehouse. As fate would have it, the same costumer went to my store on Konga and reordered the item. 2nd lesson. I immediately went to their warehouse to retrieve canceled item. When they wanted to start with telling me stories and they saw my red eyes, they quickly sorted my canceled item and returned to me sharply.

From then, I started to look Jumia with some kinda eyes. I refused to list my sensitive items on their platform to avoid disappointment. But I still processed orders as quickly as I could whenever they came.

Then finally last month, I was delisted. My return item had been with them since the past 2 months plus. I've been in contact with my account officer asking him to get my return back to me. It's my first and last return on the platform since I do not intend to reopen that store. However, my account officer sent me the link to track the order today only for me to find out that it has been updated to returned since the past one month. I've warned him already that if Jumia forces me to come to their head office for that single return, CNN will carry as news headline that day what I'll do to them. It might be just one item o, but the selling price is more that the total profit I've made from their platform since inception.

Konga made me a millionaire within one year of selling on their platform. They never stressed me for once. No be platform be that? I've been selling from home. Now I intend to open a physical store. All thanks to Konga. See my house, see konga office. Courteous and quick to respond costumer care agents both online and on the phone.

Abeg leave matter for Matthias. As much as Jumia has traffic, their services are whack. You sell item, your profit is tied down for eternity. What is business if not time? Quick turnover, quick replenishment of item stocks and hence more sales.

Konga is the best Ho Ha. And pls don't respond rudely to this post if your're a Jumia Booty licker. Else, I'll insult you. I no send.

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 8:13pm On May 03, 2016
Babyadachi:
I think due to the hardship we're used to in this country, we don't know right from wrong anymore. But it's all okay. In the end, it remains a matter of individual choice, and some of us will never take rubbish from anyone.
I was gladly selling on my Konga platform when I suddenly got a call one day from Jumia that they got my contacts online, and invited me to sell on their platform. Since I've heard earlier about Jumia's evil services, I humbly turned them down. When for months they gave me no rest, I finally opened an account, but refused to list items on it. They continued to disturb me. I reluctantly listed a few items. Then I got my first order. I wasn't told how to process it. I was just told to update to ready to ship and then print and take to their warehouse. That was during the era of inputing barcodes yourself. When I got to their warehouse, I was told I inputed a wrong code and as such, it won't ship. I called the guy who had been worrying my phone and luring me into opening an account with Jumia to assist. He categorically told me there was nothing he could do. That was the day I learned my first lesson. I however ended up delivering the item myself and pocketing the huge commission Jumia would have chopped from me. Don't ask me how I did it anyway. The second order I got after that one was canceled while the order had already been shipped to their warehouse. As fate would have it, the same costumer went to my store on Konga and reordered the item. 2nd lesson. I immediately went to their warehouse to retrieve canceled item. When they wanted to start with telling me stories and they saw my red eyes, they quickly sorted my canceled item and returned to me sharply.

From then, I started to look Jumia with some kinda eyes. I refused to list my sensitive items on their platform to avoid disappointment. But I still processed orders as quickly as I could whenever they came.

Then finally last month, I was delisted. My return item had been with them since the past 2 months plus. I've been in contact with my account officer asking him to get my return back to me. It's my first and last return on the platform since I do not intend to reopen that store. However, my account officer sent me the link to track the order today only for me to find out that it has been updated to returned since the past one month. I've warned him already that if Jumia forces me to come to their head office for that single return, CNN will carry as news headline that day what I'll do to them. It might be just one item o, but the selling price is more that the total profit I've made from their platform since inception.

Konga made me a millionaire within one year of selling on their platform. They never stressed me for once. No be platform be that? I've been selling from home. Now I intend to open a physical store. All thanks to Konga. See my house, see konga office. Courteous and quick to respond costumer care agents both online and on the phone.

Abeg leave matter for Matthias. As much as Jumia has traffic, their services are whack. You sell item, your profit is tied down for eternity. What is business if not time? Quick turnover, quick replenishment of item stocks and hence more sales.

Konga is the best Ho Ha. And pls don't respond rudely to this post if your're a Jumia Booty licker. Else, I'll insult you. I no send.

Thanks for sharing.its been a while
Let's keep it up
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by purplecircle: 11:16pm On May 03, 2016
This thread is simply amazing and simply the trust nothing more. Jumia is the very worst. I regret ever putting up items on their platform. My store got delisted, i wasnt informed and i have unpaid orders with them imagine.
Sent them mail no response. I however have requested my shop be closed. And hopefully they send me my payments. Jumia has alot of issues, from very rude staffs thinking they are doing you a favour to commissions that rip even you the seller off. I have just decided to close the jumia chapter, i will never let anyone i know sell on that platform ever.

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 11:11pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks for sharing
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by abbeyforex(m): 4:24am On May 21, 2016
tityboi:
More comments from experienced Merchants

No platform like Konga,they rock,they are the best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
abbeyforex:

No platform like Konga,they rock,they are the best in Nigeria.

True that!!!
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by Cosyfaith(f): 6:13am On Mar 03, 2017
Whoa, just came across this, Wish I had seen this post earlier then I wouldn't have bothered opening a store with Jumia. Jumia can stress for Africa and there delivery is whack, delivery failures all the time. They are fast losing it, I wouldn't advice any seller to open with them. I have learnt ma lesson. Moving over to Konga.
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by tityboi: 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Cosyfaith:
Whoa, just came across this, Wish I had seen this post earlier then I wouldn't have bothered opening a store with Jumia. Jumia can stress for Africa and there delivery is whack, delivery failures all the time. They are fast losing it, I wouldn't advice any seller to open with them. I have learnt ma lesson. Moving over to Konga.

oh great
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by EnterPRO: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2017
tityboi:

oh great

They seem to have improved now, while the other ...
Re: Shocking !!! How Jumia Nigeria Online E-commerce Use -Dump Merchants And Staffs by DoyenExchange: 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loan Apps And Harassments - What You Should Do / How To Fix The Google Play Gift Card Error We Need More Info To Redeem This Card / Having Problem To Generate My Gtb Naira Mastercard Securecode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.