Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products (15199 Views)

20 Reasons Why You Should Patronize Made In Nigeria Products / Why Nigerians Don't Patronize Made In Nigeria Products / Nigeria To China, Reduce Tariffs On Nigeria’s Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by EDIPROJECTS(m): 2:43am On Sep 30, 2016
Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-Nigeria Products

Jumia Nigeria is marking Nigeria’s 56th independence day anniversary this year by introducing an online store dedicated to products made in Nigeria. They’re calling it Jumia Local and the official launch is this Saturday, October 1, 2016 .

Jumia Local is Jumia’s way of supporting local entrepreneurs and brands that manufacture or assemble their products in Nigeria. Merchants on the site will be able to sell their products on at 0% commission, and their products will be promoted through Jumia’s marketing channels (social media accounts, mobile apps, billboards, and radio).

Jumia is calling this a social responsibility initiative that’s aimed at growing the local economy. According to Bili Sule , Head of Business Development, Jumia Nigeria, “To build a sustainable and healthy ecosystem for Nigeria, we need to focus on products made in Nigeria. The change starts with each and everyone of us and Jumia will lead the way by taking the responsibility to promote our own Nation’s products.”

As expected, vendors that want to sell on Jumia Local must have their products made or assembled in Nigeria. Another condition is that they have to sell online exclusively through Jumia for the first six months

http://www.ediprojects.org/2016/09/jumia-nigeria-is-launching-jumia-local.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
What were they selling before?

Am not gonna pretend like other nairalanders who wish to be on the "Festus Commentus" position but always lie to themselves that it means nothing, whereas they've had their hearts pounding and beating fast, wishing their phone's network could be a faster, and cursed MTN, Glo and Etisalat when their "Festus Commentus" suddenly becomes "Honorable Secondus" or a Fetus. Mehn. It feels good to be here.

In line with the tradition. I wanna dedicate this "Festus Commentus" to Amenze S. A my life partner, to Obaseki on his "alleged" victory at the polls, and to my fellow FI-DEE-FI members and supporters.
It feels good to be here. Though it happens by luck anyway.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
NICE ONE GOD BLESS JUMIA .....=== in jumia i trust cool cool
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Check there site and see for ur self cool cool
dirtymoney:
What were they selling before?
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by adioolayi(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
That's the way to go...hence, dey fit close shop grin grin grin
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Techpaded(f): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Hope they won't tarnish Jumia's image with poor quality products.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by vicola0281: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2016
..chai I didn't even read d topic..I just commented

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by omolola15(m): 7:04am On Sep 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by frubben(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2016
The guy above me is high on cheap drugs.

Welcome development. Cant wait

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Lilimax(f): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Oya, where are Aba boys? This is a great opportunity to show case your products online thereby telling the world the stuffs you're made of. smiley All those Aba made suits, Shoes, sandals etc should be uploaded sharply.... embarassed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Qmerit(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2016
This would go along way to tell the world that we can be little bit self sufficient in production for now I know we re going bigger.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by cyberdurable(m): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2016
[size=28pt]Jumia[/size]

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Debaddest(m): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2016
Nice move, Igbo boys and entrepreneurs are more like....

22 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by alkines(m): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2016
oya abah bois new market don come oooo....
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2016
Originals only pls!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by cyberdurable(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2016
[size=15pt]Afonja sharrap

wetin una dea produce?[/size]

Techpaded:
DannyJ19:
ohk.....aba boiz coming soon
adepiero:
Our brothers from the east will abuse it with fake /subdtandard products

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by KauntantJoyce(f): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Issorite
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by PHIPEX(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2016
This is the best news I have heard about Nigeria in over a year, let's buy Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Turks: 7:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Oh? They just dey wake up..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by DannyJ19(m): 7:08am On Sep 30, 2016
ohk.....aba boiz coming soon
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by austin2all: 7:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Its high time Konga stopped their shakara

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by davibid: 7:08am On Sep 30, 2016
At last Nigerians have started to concur with Mr. Common sense

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Lilimax(f): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2016
adepiero:
Our brothers from the east will abuse it with fake /subdtandard products
Huh?
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by cyberdurable(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
When will they launch made in Aba pυssy cry cry sad

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by femi4: 7:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Techpaded:
shocked
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by afo86: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Why we always have bad impression about our local made tinz... Why some of the wailers can't afford to by original one as most of dem dey form here... Jumia yu try joor... smiley

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Strongbest(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Good! A very good initiative. I pray they take the right steps to sustain the plan.

I'm so game for this.

Check here, you may become a big time seller on Jumia.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

Thank me later.
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by yemexy(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2016
proudly ours jumia
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is Launching Jumia Local To Sell Made-in-nigeria Products by Dottore: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Devaluation ‘be Like’ 419!: Henry Boyo / How to Fund Alipay Account From Nigeria directly from your bank / 11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.