Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Difference Between Soup, Stew, Sauce And Gravy In Nigerian Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Difference Between Soup, Stew, Sauce And Gravy In Nigerian Food (2188 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond / How I Made My Delicious Roasted Tilapia, Pepper Sauce And Rice / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Soup, Stew, Sauce And Gravy In Nigerian Food by Twinkie8: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
How do we categorize Nigerian foods under these? Like white soup and pepper soup. Do they come under sauce or soup? Like afang and edikaikong, do they come under the stew or soup category when talking about them globally? Looking at white soup for instance, the stock is thickened to make it enjoyable. Shouldn't we call it gravy?

Source: www.wivestownhallconnection.com

(1) (Reply)

Electronic Lunch Box, Manual Blender And Nicer Dicer For Your Easy Use. / This Inflation Is Getting Out Of Hand. See The StockFish I Got for 1,200 / Magic Table Top Gas Cooker With Grill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.