Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. (1817 Views)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims / 8 Igbo Words/phrases Used In The Ancient Bible (no. 8 Will Shock You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
– A 1500-year-old Bible found in Turkey claims Jesus Christ was not crucified
– It also states he was not the son of God but a Prophet
– Religious authorities insist that the book is authentic

Earth-shattering news are coming from various websites! The 1500-year-old Bible, which was discovered in Ankara, Turkey’s capital, in 2000, refutes the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Moreover, it says that he was not the son of God but a Prophet, who didn’t die and ascended into heaven alive.

It also states that it was Judas Iscariot who was actually crucified and calls Apostle Paul the Impostor. This information was taken from the gospel of Barnabas, who in this work is one of the twelve apostles.

There is a theory that the modern Bible was formed out of four canonical gospels by the Catholic Church during the Council of Nicea, while the Gospel of Barnabas as well as many others were ommitted.
The book along with antiquities, illegal excavations, and explosives were reportedly confiscated from a group of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation. It is written in the Aramaic laguage with gold letters and onto loosely-tied leather.

The Bible that contradicts the New Testament teachings of Christianity is reportedly valued up to 40 million Turkish Liras (about $28m). While authenticity of the book is still under question some experts and religious authorities believe that it is original. However, some scholars branded the Gospel of Barnabas Bible a forgery written during the Middle Ages. Meanwhile, the Vatican has asked Turkish authorities to let them examine the contents of the book.

The new discovery to me was never a means to fault the belief system of Christianity rather a very important artifact that rewrite history long forgotten.
Before now christians only referred to Jesus as son of God but now many call him God the scenario of calling Jesus God is very recent and a need to address this become important.

Please, without offensive nor abusive comments, contribute your view about this and how the said Ancient Bible should be adopted or discarded.

https://www.naij.com/737721-1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-not-crucified.html

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Richirich713: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
This must be the corrupted bible muslims were talking about, finally we found it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Naij and their controversial stories grin ... they know religion is the best bet and they are having a feast . cool wink
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
Arjeeni:

Earth-shattering news are coming from various websites! The 1500-year-old Bible, which was discovered in Ankara, Turkey’s capital, in 2000, refutes the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Moreover, it says that he was not the son of God but a Prophet, who didn’t die and ascended into heaven alive.

It also states that it was Judas Iscariot who was actually crucified and calls Apostle Paul the Impostor. This information was taken from the gospel of Barnabas, who in this work is one of the twelve apostles.

There is a theory that the modern Bible was formed out of four canonical gospels by the Catholic Church during the Council of Nicea, while the Gospel of Barnabas as well as many others were ommitted.
The book along with antiquities, illegal excavations, and explosives were reportedly confiscated from a group of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation. It is written in the Aramaic laguage with gold letters and onto loosely-tied leather.

The Bible that contradicts the New Testament teachings of Christianity is reportedly valued up to 40 million Turkish Liras (about $28m). While authenticity of the book is still under question some experts and religious authorities believe that it is original. However, some scholars branded the Gospel of Barnabas Bible a forgery written during the Middle Ages. Meanwhile, the Vatican has asked Turkish authorities to let them examine the contents of the book.

The new discovery to me was never a means to fault the belief system of Christianity rather a very important artifact that rewrite history long forgotten.
Before now christians only referred to Jesus as son of God but now many call him God the scenario of calling Jesus God is very recent and a need to address this become important.

Please, without offensive nor abusive comments, contribute your view about this and how the said Ancient Bible should be adopted or discarded.

https://www.naij.com/737721-1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-not-crucified.html
Op, you have won for yourself a return ticket to https://www.nairaland.com/2912069/gospel-barnabas-laid-rest

and https://www.nairaland.com/2937501/1-john-5-7-real and you can take a hike here too https://www.nairaland.com/2935365/mark-16-9-20-debate-rests

Congratulations!

We are convinced that things will not remain the same when you are back smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Rilwayne001: 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
Richirich713:
This must be the corrupted bible muslims were talking about, finally we found it.

grin grin
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
Here are some highlights regarding the 'gospel of Barnabas'

The Messiah - Jesus or Muhammad?

John the Baptist denied that he was the Messiah when challenged by the Jewish leaders (John 1.20). The Gospel of Barnabas makes Jesus deny the same thing in much the same words:

Jesus confessed and said the truth: ‘I am not the Messiah ... I am indeed sent to the house of Israel as a prophet of salvation; but after me shall come the Messiah’. Gospel of Barnabas, paras 42, 82

Who was to be the coming Messiah, then? Elsewhere the Gospel makes Jesus say "The name of the Messiah is Admirable ... God said: Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise ... Mohammed is his blessed name" (para 97). Here the author of the Gospel of Barnabas completely overreaches himself for the Qur’an clearly states, no less than eleven times, that Jesus alone is the Messiah. The Bible confirms this too on many occasions (John 4.26, Matthew 16.20) and one quotation from the Qur’an will be sufficient to prove the point:

O Mary! Lo! Allah gives you glad tidings of a Word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the hereafter. Surah 3.45

The title here is Al-Masih, "the Messiah", and Jesus himself is called Al-Masihu Isa, "the Messiah Jesus", elsewhere in the book (Surah 4.171). So [size=14pt]the Gospel of Barnabas incontrovertibly contradicts the Qur’an when it declares that Muhammad was to be the Messiah[/size]. No Muslim can be true to his own holy book while at the same time trying to defend the Gospel of Barnabas as an authentic Gospel. undecided

What is very interesting here is the discovery that this Gospel not only contradicts the Qur’an but also itself. In the prologue to the book it speaks of "Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ" and states that it is the "true Gospel of Jesus, called Christ". [size=13pt]The author does not seem to have been aware that Messiah and Christ are interchangeable terms, meaning the same thing[/size]. The latter derives from the Greek word Christos which is a translation of the original Hebrew word Mashiah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Going through the posts i can understand that ..........
out of other thing Jesus was never a God but alleged to be one due to miracles he was able to perform as proved to some prophecies.
Paul credibility was equally questioned in the bible to be hypocrite, this maybe due to the fact that he was known to be one of those hunted down anyone believed in Jesus then even till the demise of the christ.
out of all disciples, Paul was the one who deem it fit to write Bible and gospels christians follow today as ultimate source of their religions law.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Arjeeni:
out of other thing Jesus was never a God but alleged to be one due to miracles he was able to perform as proved to some prophecies.
Paul credibility was equally questioned in the bible to be hypocrite, this maybe due to the fact that he was known to be one of those hunted down anyone believed in Jesus then even till the demise of the christ.
out of all disciples, Paul was the one who deem it fit to write Bible and gospels christians follow today as ultimate source of their religions law.
Sir, Are you derailing your own thread already? These issues do not relate to your original topic!
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Scholar8200:
Sir, Are you derailing your own thread already? These issues do not relate to your original topic!
yes was not but i am adding it based on previous comments.

remember the thread was not for propaganda rather a means to iron out fact to clear falsehood beclouded the religions atmosphere
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Arjeeni:

yes was not but i am adding it based on previous comments.

remember the thread was not a for propaganda rather a means to iron out fact to clear falsehood beclouded the religions atmosphere
Well, it may not be so necessary because the God revealed in the Bible is not the same as Allah in the Quran so there might be no need ironing things out. They are parallels.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Scholar8200:
Well, it may not be so necessary because the God revealed in the Bible is not the same as Allah in the Quran so there might be no need ironing things out. They are parallels.

Tell me then how Allah in Quran different to God in the Bible
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Arjeeni:

Tell me then how Allah in Quran different to God in the Bible
Do you believe in the OT prophets?
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Why not, if it proved beyond doubt, but remember prophethood has been for long stopped those we have today are not rather pious individual gifted with extra ordinary characters.

Scholar8200:
Do you believe in the OT prophets?
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by unphilaz(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Heheh maka book my place and get some laf when the op is made fooli sh .. Interesting ride cheesy grin
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
unphilaz:
Heheh maka book my place and get some laf when the op is made fooli sh .. Interesting ride cheesy grin
you will be most wise if you can explain further the foolish parts of the comments.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
Arjeeni:
Why not, if it proved beyond doubt, but remember prophethood has been for long stopped those we have today are not rather pious individual gifted with extra ordinary characters.

I meant Old testament prophets like Isaiah, Jeremiah etc
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by waldigit: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Arjeeni:

What many of you don't and will never understand is that our opinion of who Jesus is not just because of what was written about Him in the scripture, but the evidence of what was written about Him.
Tell me of anyone born of woman both past and present who has claimed he is what Jesus claimed, and still be relevant in history for 2000 years.
Concerning your bible, even when Jesus was on the earth his own people denied him, what's the big deal about a single account written about him by an individual whose identity we cannot even substantiate.
To us who has tasted Jesus, we cannot but pity you and pray for you who has not found Him.
May the Lord have mercy on us all.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by johnw74: 1:24am On Feb 25, 2016
There are many false writings about Jesus and Father,
they are not a new thing.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
I meant Old testament prophets like Isaiah, Jeremiah etc

Yes I do with all sincerity, stories about the Prophets you mentioned were clearly written in Holy Quran and many of our scholars had wriiten a lot books which gave enough account about their nation.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 10:11am On Feb 25, 2016
waldigit:

What many of you don't and will never understand is that our opinion of who Jesus is not just because of what was written about Him in the scripture, but the evidence of what was written about Him.
Tell me of anyone born of woman both past and present who has claimed he is what Jesus claimed, and still be relevant in history for 2000 years.
Concerning your bible, even when Jesus was on the earth his own people denied him, what's the big deal about a single account written about him by an individual whose identity we cannot even substantiate.
To us who has tasted Jesus, we cannot but pity you and pray for you who has not found Him.
May the Lord have mercy on us all.

Jesus birth no one ever denied its uniqueness and more than two chapters of the Holy Quran gave account of this.

But there was a story in the Bible about a man who is without father, mother (Hebrews 7:3) , there in the same Bible account of how Adam and Eve came to be, did their story remain till today or not?

Adam was not referred to as God though created out of mud but how about Eve was it because she is a woman.

The uniqueness of Jesus's birth was not enough to see Him as God and didn't render Him inferior or more superior among other prophets.

In the Bible the questions about Jesus proclaimed Himself to be Go was rhetoric.
May Almighty Allah guilds us aright.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2016
Arjeeni:

Yes I do with all sincerity, stories about the Prophets you mentioned were clearly written in Holy Quran and many of our scholars had wriiten a lot books which gave enough account about their nation.
Would you still believe if I quoted the prophesies of these prophets that contradict your claims here:
Arjeeni:
Paul did not write the Gospels. Peter, Jude, James, John were all disciples and their Inspired writings are there for all to see.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
Would you still believe if I quoted the prophesies of these prophets that contradict your claims here: Paul did not write the Gospels. Peter, Jude, James, John were all disciples and their Inspired writings are there for all to see.
how about the Bible? did Paul write the Bible or not.

and for the prophesies post them, I will be glad to find them educative.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Arjeeni:

how about the Bible? did Paul write the Bible or not.
The Bible was Inspired by the Spirit through a host of writers who wrote at different periods some never meeting the other and yet all their writings agree as one as a result of the Spirit's inspiration. Paul was one of such as well as Luke, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Baruch, John, Peter, Tertius etc
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
The Bible was Inspired by the Spirit through a host of writers who wrote at different periods some never meeting the other and yet all their writings agree as one as a result of the Spirit's inspiration. Paul was one of such as well as Luke, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Baruch, John, Peter, Tertius etc

Bro are you saying this because you think I don't know how Bible was compiled or for something else?

The first copy of Bible to be presented in christian world written solemnly by Paul we can only talk of other versions which of cause differ to each other.

I red a book about the compilation of the Bible, there are so many goofs as the book claims in trend of compilation but Paul at the end of the day was credited to be the compiler
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Arjeeni:

Bro are you saying this because you think I don't know how Bible was compiled or for something else?

The first copy of Bible to be presented in christian world written solemnly by Paul we can only talk of other versions which of cause differ to each other.

I red a book about the compilation of the Bible, there are so many goofs as the book claims in trend of compilation but Paul at the end of the day was credited to be the compiler
Interesting! So the compiler is also the writer? So Paul wrote the Pentateuch? Paul wrote the Psalms, Paul even wrote the Revelations (after he had been killed) and went on to compile the Bible when some books therein were written after he had been martyred!
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Scholar8200:
Interesting! So the compiler is also the writer? So Paul wrote the Pentateuch? Paul wrote the Psalms, Paul even wrote the Revelations (after he had been killed) and went on to compile the Bible when some books therein were written after he had been martyred!

Alright then, post the prophesies for the Bile compilation is a topic for another I have to collect different authorities about this. I will get back to you the firebrigade approach can not help i can see.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Arjeeni:

Alright then, post the prophesies for the Bile compilation is a topic for another I have to collect different authorities about this. I will get back to you the firebrigade approach can not help i can see.
I suggest you let your new thread cover this other issues. The focus of this thread is on the 'ancient' bible.
Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by analice107: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Brother Scholar. You are a Saint, believe me. You patiently will stay around answering to teenagers who in all their lives, have not read their own Koran.
If Rilwayne, lexiconkabir or some other grown up, wants us to talk, we can consider, not this kid.
This op doesn't deserve your time at all.
I say, ignore him.

I so love your person, really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Scholar8200(m): 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
analice107:
Brother Scholar. You are a Saint, believe me. You patiently will stay around answering to teenagers who in all their lives, have not read their own Koran.
If Rilwayne, lexiconkabir or some other grown up, wants us to talk, we can consider, not this kid.
I say, ignore him.

Glory be to God, thanks for the advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
analice107:
I say, ignore him.

Indept knowledge of God's word and you have to admire the maturity in handling arguments

1 Like

Re: Ancient Bible, You Wouldn't Belief What It Claims. by Arjeeni: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Scholar8200:
I suggest you let your new thread cover this other issues. The focus of this thread is on the 'ancient' bible.

In the áncient' Bible Judas Iscariot was crucified contrary to what is the New Testament.

Judas Iscariot (died c. 30–33 AD) was, according to the New Testament, one of the twelve original disciples of Jesus Christ, and son of Simon. He is known for the kiss and betrayal of Jesus to the Sanhedrin for thirty silver coins. Should this be true about Him, then quest deep in to his life before and after Jesus crucifixion is important.

what is your take about this, if actually Judas was not crucified how did he dies.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Smoke Nicotine And Substances That They Avoid In Alcoholic Drinks / Indian Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj Reveal SHOCKING PROPHESY On Desmond Tutu / Plain IDOLATRY by Muslims in Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.