Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Do You Want To Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (1356 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
In Nigeria, many businesses are birth because of the success of people in one business or another. For instance, because somebody is successful at selling pure water, all of a sudden, everybody wants to start selling pure water without first of all considering why the person decided to sell pure water in the first place. If the business doesn't work, one can jump out and try another option. That is great for a business but marriage is neither a business nor a job; you cannot jump into it today and jump out of it tomorrow.

One major reason why businesses fail is not because the business was wrong. Have you ever wondered why some people fail in businesses that others are succeeding in without stress? Why does one building stand for a very long time and another comes crashing down in a short span of time? We all know the answer; the foundation makes all the difference.

The 'Why?' of a thing is the most important question one can ever ask before beginning any task. David said "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? Myles Munroe postulated that "If the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable." Why do you want to get married? How well we answer this question will go a long way in determining how long our marriages will survive.

God said "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him." The understanding is that God only brings help when we need one. Help is essentially the purpose for getting married. Do you need help? How much help do you need? Why do you need help? What do you need help for?

Understand that the 'help' here is not the help to cure our sexual weaknesses because sexual weaknesses don't get cured in marriage. The help here is not for a man that will pay your school fees because you might never get to finish that school. We must understand that women are not sex machines which you can turn on every time you feel like having sex and men are not Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) with which you can make withdrawals at your convenience.

When a man is truly seeking help, the container will mean nothing to him but the content will mean everything in the world to him. When a man seeks for help, he's on the look out for someone that will complement him. What the person carries on the inside becomes far more important than what the person looks like on the outside.

Jesus made an illustration on how a foundation can affect the outcome of a building. He said two men built their houses; the foundation of one was sand and the other, rock. When the rains, floods and winds came upon both houses, the house on the rock stood solid while the other came crashing down. It didn't just crash, it was a great crash.

So it is with marriage. The basis for your getting married will determine how well your marriage will survive the challenges that will come against it. Will your current reasons for getting married stand the storms and challenges of marriage ahead? Will your present reasons for wanting to get married be able to bear the burdens when the time comes? This is the time to test your 'Why?s' to see if they are strong enough for the battles and uncertainties ahead.

Why do you want to get married? What exactly are your motives for wanting to get married? Is it because you can no longer do without it? Is it because others are getting married and it seems you are getting left behind? Why? Could it be because you think you are not getting any younger? Considering your priorities for now, is marriage really a need or a want?

Back in the days, in my senior year in secondary school, we were taught the order of importance and the difference between a 'want' and a 'need' in Economics. Simply put; if you need something, it means, you cannot do without it. If you want something on the other hand, it means you can do without it. Can you do or can you not do without getting married in the short term? Consider that!

Marry because you need to marry not because you want to marry!

Effiong Edentekhe
The Word Carpenter

Go here for more posts like this one: www.facebook.com/WinningYouthsInc
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2017
Go here for more posts like this one: www.facebook.com/WinningYouthsInc
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Young, single, yet to be married, newly married, married? Go here for life-changing articles on relationships: www.facebook.com/WinningYouthsInc
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by serenegroup(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
the most important 'why' in my own opinion is sex without feeling guilty since its only approved in the marriage context and companionship. All else can be obtained elsewhere.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
serenegroup:
the most important 'why' in my own opinion is sex without feeling guilty since its only approved in the marriage context and companionship. All else can be obtained elsewhere.

Your opinion is very valid. Especially in this generation, it is better to marry than to burn like the Bible instructs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by TemmyWon(f): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Being single is embarrassing, every tom and eve make it a point to advise me about my inexistent love life every weekend. that's why. there. said it

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ebonflexy(m): 4:42am On Aug 16, 2017
All these people who talk about marriage not being a sexual help thing are talking BS.

In fact if anything, that is the main thing!
Look, let's be real...if you are a bachelor or bachelorette, IN THIS CENTURY, you are automatically living in sin. Automatically.
Because as a guy what do you do when your balls are full of seed? Bursting at the seams building up extreme, uncomfortable, distracting pressure. That thing needs to be expelled!
And there is apparently no way to do that that is not some sort of sin....so there. Same applies to the pucci.

So marriage for the most part, is a sin-free way of expelling that load.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:00am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 1:40am On Aug 21, 2017
TemmyWon:
Being single is embarrassing, every tom and eve make it a point to advise me about my inexistent love life every weekend. that's why. there. said it

There's time for everything. Don't force it but nurture great relationships with the opposite sex while you wait. When you are finally ready to settle down, it might be easier to find someone to walk the aisle, that's if they aren't all married by then.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 1:43am On Aug 21, 2017
ebonflexy:
All these people who talk about marriage not being a sexual help thing are talking BS.

In fact if anything, that is the main thing!
Look, let's be real...if you are a bachelor or bachelorette, IN THIS CENTURY, you are automatically living in sin. Automatically.
Because as a guy what do you do when your balls are full of seed? Bursting at the seams building up extreme, uncomfortable, distracting pressure. That thing needs to be expelled!
And there is apparently no way to do that that is not some sort of sin....so there. Same applies to the pucci.

So marriage for the most part, is a sin-free way of expelling that load.

Interesting narrative. Lol!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 1:49am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by MrRhymes101(m): 5:41am On Aug 21, 2017
Because all my friends are getting married lol. If u are getting married pls check my signature
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Viking007(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2017
serenegroup:
Sex is overrated trust me. Only a___ will get married for the sole purpose of having sex.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ebonflexy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Viking007:
Sex is overrated trust me. Only a___ will get married for the sole purpose of having sex.

It's not the ONLY purpose, but it IS important.
Stop all that binary thinking Nigerians are known for.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Figoinc(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
ebonflexy:

It's not the ONLY purpose, but it IS important.
Stop all that binary thinking Nigerians are known for.

Absolutely.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2017
For procreation
Didnt want children out of wedlock

(1) (Reply)

Pix Every Nigerian Homes Can Relate To. / Help Rescue Mama From Scammer / Start A Family? need a spouse?Join Us On Telegram As We Connect you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.