Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure (3855 Views)

Naira Firms On Black Market After Central Bank Action - BDC Traders / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On / Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
BDC are dumping the USD Dollar as we speak.....It is a developing Story.

Just Called my BDC and it is confirmed.

From N410 last Friday to N300 today...Run! Run!! Run!!!
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
I hope Buhari is not using our last reserve to defend the Naira.
If so, before the year finishes, it will become $1= #5000

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Heard on the street that Central bank has told the money changers that starting next week, they cannot sell USD for more than 207 Naira. Anyone who does will be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by biafranbaby(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
APC and lies.

2 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by NeilOssai(m): 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
retsonbiz:
Heard on the street that Central bank has told the money changers that starting next week, they cannot sell USD for more than 207 Naira. Anyone who does will be arrested.
........Beautiful!!!!!......they are the ones shortchanging US...n some misguided fellows will be blaming PMB....if the CBN can regulate the activities of these BDCs that re involved in usury, 1 dollar will not sale more than 203...

2 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by chinchum(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Yes, dollar fell to the Naira yesterday and today, it was at 367 this morning from 400, last friday
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
biafranbaby:
APC and lies.

Call any BDC and confirm.....Abi you no get Phone or you no even get BDC self..Sorry this post is not for you

3 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
chinchum:
Yes, dollar fell to the Naira yesterday and today, it was at 367 this morning from 400, last friday
retsonbiz:

Call any BDC and confirm.....Abi you no get Phone or you no even get BDC self..Sorry this post is not for you

Pray they are not using our last reserve to defend the naira. If they are, when the reserve dries up, you know what will happen
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by chinchum(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Pray they are not using our last reserve to defend the naira.
Well, what accounted for the close to sharp fall is not clear yet, but i doubt it is the nations reserves utilised to defend the naira.
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by doctokwus: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
chinchum:
345 and crashing in Lagos today
Some people would take sleeping tablets this night

2 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
chinchum:
Well, what accounted for the close to sharp fall is not clear yet, but i doubt it is the nations reserves utilised to defend the naira.

I know what I am talking of.
Investigate this government to verify what I am saying
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
doctokwus:

345 and crashing in Lagos today
Some people would take sleeping tablets this night

Do you bother to find out what is crashing it
APC should not use our last reserve to defend the Naira.
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by afoobabs(m): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
biafranbaby:
Biafra and hate.
Sir, what do you stand to gain in the continuous rise in the price of dollar, or do you think if it rises to 1$ - naira 1000 it will only affect APC. this is good news so be happy

5 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by PentiumPro(f): 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
biafranbaby:
APC and lies.
So you are happy that the naira was falling?
Are you immune from the effect of a crashing Naira??

3 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
afoobabs:
Sir, what do you stand to gain in the continuous rise in the price of dollar, or do you think if it rises to 1$ - naira 1000 it will only affect APC. this is good news so be happy
PentiumPro:

So you are happy that the naira was falling?
Are you immune from the effect of a crashing Naira??

Before you shout good news find out what is crashing it.

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by PentiumPro(f): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Do you bother to find out what is crashing it
APC should not use our last reserve to defend the Naira.
The reason is strictly speculative in nature, many people are taking a buying position that the selling position.
What do you think it's the cause?
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by chinchum(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
HiddenShadow:

I know what I am talking of.
Investigate this government to verify what I am saying
If you have said anything, then you double speak. first you wrote "Pray they are not using our last reserve to defend the naira" , then almost immediately you wrote "I know what I am talking of".

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by HiddenShadow: 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
PentiumPro:

The reason is strictly speculative in nature, many people are taking a buying position that the selling position.
What do you think it's the cause?

Check your reserve if it is depreciating.
That is a sign that it is being used to create a false hope
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by PentiumPro(f): 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Check your reserve if it is depreciating.
That is a sign that it is being used to create a false hope
Why not check and tell us, you are the one alleging as such
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by wristbangle: 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
retsonbiz:
BDC are dumping the USD Dollar as we speak.....It is a developing Story.

Just Called my BDC and it is confirmed.

From N410 last Friday to N300 today...Run! Run!! Run!!!

Woow! Please can u confirm this source so that lalasticlala can push it to FP.

Though this evening, it's trading around 340naira at Ikeja. It's now appreciating at parallel market. Just that I hope the govt is not defending it with our little reserve.
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by wristbangle: 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
retsonbiz:
Vanguard is running a story on it already.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/naira-appreciates-to-n345-as-bdcs-kick-against-devaluation/

Oh cool. Lalasticlala kindly push this to FP. Thanks cool
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
My BDC is Garuba (08034409104)

wristbangle:

Woow! Please can u confirm this source so that lalasticlala can push it to FP.

Though this evening, it's trading around 340naira at Ikeja. It's now appreciating at parallel market. Just that I hope the govt is not defending it with our little reserve.
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
BDC Just updated that this is just the beginning of the fall.

The Naira is expected to appreciate further by Tomorrow.

Government is not defending the Naira....BDC's are afraid that PMB is coming for them.
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by jamesibor: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
The Ifeanyi Uba effect.

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
No Be Lie...lol

jamesibor:
The Ifeanyi Uba effect.

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by TonySpike: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
I said it somewhere that a forex task force be inaugurated to whip all these exploitative black market forex profiteers in line. These are the guys causing confusion, not Buhari! I also suggest that Nigeria should study the South African forex market and use this model to 'seal up' all the loopholes exploited by illegal sellers of foreign currencies to defraud Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by seankay(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Some people won't like this

1 Like

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by Sydney22: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
retsonbiz:
BDC Just updated that this is just the beginning of the fall.

The Naira is expected to appreciate further by Tomorrow.

Government is not defending the Naira....BDC's are afraid that PMB is coming for them.
iffa hear

The dollar inflow into Nigeria from neighboring countries is too much and no one is buying them because of the high charges for goods clearing at Apapa..

That's the cause of Naira appreciation ... Sold at 350 today
Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by SporaD8: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Good news.
Naija must b great again.
This experience will teach us to diversify our economy and stop the sole dependent on oil proceeds.

2 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by retsonbiz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Dollars now selling for 290 as at 6:50 pm today, Ikeja lagos

3 Likes

Re: Usd$1 = N300 - Confirmed From Bdc In Akure by Crieff(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
I can make $1 = N100 within one month. If I fail, the FG can take over my assets, all my assets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Venture Into Powerbanks Business / We Want To Buy Coal In Large Quantities / Professional Handyman Service Now Available In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.