Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! (1531 Views)

SCAM ALERT: Honda 2005 Engine Swapped For Crv Engine / Honda Accord 2005 Engine Oil..sos / Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Engine Starts And Dies After Some Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by taikem01: 5:42am On Feb 24, 2016
I did auto scan of my corolla 05 in december when I discovered it was not working perfectly and d scan reads cylinder 2 misfiring. My mechanic did all possible thing like changing the four plugs, servicing the nuzzle, yet it still brought out that fault and d engine is vibrating. He said he was going to bring down d engine and work on the valve but his charges made me ran away. However I had it in mind to correct d error if I get enough money. The car was still writing 'check' and unlike before, d check is now blicking and d car doesn't move very well again so I decided to auto scan it again in a diff place, I got the same result. This guy also serviced d nuzzle,bought plug yet it still not ok.
WHERE I AM CONFUSED NOW IS THAT THE SECOND MECHANIC SAID THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE VALVE but I SHOULD BUY A NEW NUZZLE and GRADE ONE TOKUNBO FUEL PUMP. I AM CONFUSED WHO TO BELlIVE BET THEM. Experts in d house, pls what could have happened to my car?
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by sultaan(m): 5:55am On Feb 24, 2016
How about you search for cylinder 2 misfire on google.

That problem you have it the easiest thing to fix but you have to learn something first before we proceed.

You don't even need a mechanic to fix it just some basic tools.

Hint if the spark plug is good check coil, or wire for cylinder #2.
Service nozzle has nothing to do with this, infact there is no such thing as nozzle on a car. You either learn a few things now or the destroy your car
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by taikem01: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2016
sultaan:
How about you search for cylinder 2 misfire on google.

That problem you have it the easiest thing to fix but you have to learn something first before we proceed.

You don't even need a mechanic to fix it just some basic tools.

Hint if the spark plug is good check coil, or wire for cylinder #2.
Service nozzle has nothing to do with this, infact there is no such thing as nozzle on a car. You either learn a few things now or the destroy your car
Thanks bro, but the two of them have checked d coil and d wire, they are good. Bro are you in Lagos? I wouldn't mind to come over sir!
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by honmusa(m): 9:56am On Feb 24, 2016
Dont waste your hard earned money throwing part at issue when u are not double sure ,what test did they perform to conclude your fuel pump and injector is not good .The issue you have is simple to resolve but require a professional who knows how to dig down with the right diagnostics tools and skillset.
call autologic @ 08061166316 if you are in Lagos ,they are the best in auto-diagnostics.

1 Like

Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by cocoduck: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
The second cylinder is not contributing to the power produced by the engine, hence the vibration. There are three things that must be present before the cylinder works as it should and they are spark, fuel and compression. U must test certain things to determine the missing one, go to yuotube and learn how to test for spark, if its present, remove the spark if plug of that particular cylinder, disable the the spark by unplugging the harness that connects to the coil( to avoid fire) then put a white paper in that spark plug hole, hold the paper there and crank or start the engine, then turn it off and check if there is a brownish liquid stain on the white paper, if xes then the injector is good and there is fuel, the check for adequate compression. Go to youtube.com and u will see how these things are done. And try to buy a compression gauge and check the specification for ur car before the test. I don't think it is the Fuel pump or low pressure because it should have been multiple cylinder misfires, and the blinking check light is normal because there is a misfire and running the engine like that will fry the cat.
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by seyiaderinto(m): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Get a compression test done for your cylinders both wet and dey test
Re: Please Help With My Toyota Corolla 2005 Engine Cos I Am Going Crazy Right Now! by adanny01(m): 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Any mechanic should be able to check the injectors and coil pack. The last is more difficult to check without right tools which is cylinder compression.

Incorrect valve lash gap or burnt valve can lead to loss of compression. Cracked engine block could do that too.

You have to be sure that the compression in the cylinder is low, that will lead to the check the valves if ok then rings.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Transmission / Now You Can Get A Reminder Before Your Vehicle Papers Expire. / 2017 Honda Ridgeline: It's A Pilot But A Pick-up Truck (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.