Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder (13985 Views)

FG To Arraign Dino Melaye On March 1 / EFCC To Arraign Female Fraudster For N9Million Scam / Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by cathodekazim: 6:52am On Feb 24, 2016
Police to Arraign DPO for Complicity in Kidnapping, Murder, Illegal Possession of Arms

The Nigeria Police Force has arrested and detained the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Omoku divisional police headquarters of the Rivers State Police Command, Mr. Casimir Ihiezu, for complicity in the kidnapping of an Ivorian national, Mr. Beinvenu Assemian, during which a police corporal, Mr. Imeh Edet, was killed.

Ihiezu is also being detained for alleged unlawful possession of firearms and murder of the police constable.

According to police investigation reports obtained by THISDAY, the Ivorian national worked for a palm oil company in Port Harcourt,  in the state  SIAT Palm plantation.

The DPO who was arrested since last year on the order of the state Police Commissioner, Mr. Chris Ezike, was moved to Abuja on the order of the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) at the Force Headquarters Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID) Area 10 in Abuja, preparatory for his arraignment in court.

He is being detained at the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID) Area 3 Abuja since he was moved.

The DPO, who is a Superintendent of Police (SP), was in charge of Omoku divisional police HQ before his arrest for a series of offences.

A police report that indicted the DPO revealed that there was a kidnapping case on June 26, 2015, at SIAT Palm plantation, Ubima, in Ikwerre Local Government Area of  the state during which an Ivorian expatriate with the company, Assemian, was forcefully kidnapped by gunmen.

The report titled: ‘Police Interim Investigation Report in a Case of Kidnapping, Murder and Armed Robbery CR NO 953/2015’, was dated September 21, 2015, and signed by ACP Anthony Ekong.

The police corporal Edet, attached to Special Protection Unit who was attached to the expatriate was shot dead by the kidnappers while  his smoke gun was reportedly taken away by the kidnappers.

The police report indicated that a security manager with the palm plantation, one Mr. Ahmed Rabiu, wrote a petition against the detained DPO following the discovery that the kidnappers used the cell phone of the late police corporal to interface with the DPO and the victim’s company several times to demand ransom.

The embattled DPO was also alleged to have used his cell phone to send text messages to the phone used by the kidnappers during their demand ransom.

Following the arrest of the DPO on the strength of the petition, a search was conducted at his Orazi home in Port Harcourt by a team of special detectives during which several incriminating items were found.

Among the items found in  his house were 44 bank deposit slips for various bank transactions, eight sheets of papers detailing several bank transactions, one DSP identity card for himself, one UBA cheque book, one First Bank of Nigeria withdrawal slip book, one Nokia phone, one pepper spray equipment built in the shape of a pistol, and one demobilizer built in the shape of a pistol.

The detectives were led by Superintendent of Police (SP) Isah Mohammed, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Basil Opurum and Inspectors Joseph Okpamen Ahmed Rabiu, Emmanuel Abba, Emmanuel Bulus and Salihu Peter Ruyai, who were all present during the search.

The police report also indicated that the search was extended to the DPO’s office at Omoku, during which another incriminating item, one locally made single barrel short gun, was found by the operatives at the back of his office chair in his own presence.

Also found were one Mubarak smoke pistol, one shocking device, one locally made single barrel short gun, police shirt with kits, a police identity card bearing DSP Casimir Ihiezu, two small self defence sprays, several bank documents, one Samsung and one Nokia handsets.

During the forensic analysis of the cell phones with number 0803-7241885 traced to the embattled DPO, it was discovered to have received calls from a phone number 0909-7123987, being the phone of the slain Corporal Edet that was used by the suspected kidnappers to negotiate the release of the kidnapped expatriate and the ransom.

The report asked the DIG to cause the demand for the bank account details of the DPO on the grounds that the report by the service provider indicated that the embattled DPO allegedly made some calls to the alleged kidnappers shortly after a ransom of N25 million was paid to the kidnappers to secure the release of the expatriate.

At the time of this report, the DPO was still being detained at the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Area 3 Abuja.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-to-arraign-dpo-for-complicity-in-kidnapping-murder-illegal-possession-of-arms/232798/

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by wyqay: 7:02am On Feb 24, 2016
NPF being law breakers since 1900

4 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by White007(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2016
Police aiding, abetting and partaking in crime since 1960. If found guilty he should be sentenced to death by firing squad.

3 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 24, 2016
He should be sentenced to death by whatever method!

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Jusmudi(m): 8:11am On Feb 24, 2016
Even DPO? OGHENE

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by osemoses1234(m): 8:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Nigeria police don cast reach this level

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by mrlaw93(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
The story is just too long. I actually stopped half way.
Nigeria police is corruption itself.

I ws driving home from work yesterday when i ws stopped by a police office. Immediately i stopped i started bringing out my particulars to show him. He asked why am disturbing myself since i know normal thing to do.. I jst give d werey #100

3 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
This one must have stepped on toes. Maybe he has not been paying his dues to 'Oga'. We all know police are complicit in a lot of crimes.

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by kennyman2000(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
Good.. They're many

2 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by bayotwice(f): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2016
This country sha

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by dollyinxx(f): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2016
Hen..en....en ! O ga o
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by polwelin: 9:36am On Feb 24, 2016
this shows that even the law breaks the law...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by seankay(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
I'm not here to check the name of the DPO cry

It's so sad that we can't trust the NPF

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Sunnycliff(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
My instincts has never made me trust a policeman before ever since my brother was wrongly accused and the evidence was clear that his innocent yet the police keeps draining our pockets like an oil well till we threatened to go to court. Then there senses we're restored

4 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by dguizman(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
Just tired of this country.....imagine a dpo committing such crime ..
May God help us o.
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by ChappyChase: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
Police!!!!
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by AdonaiRoofing(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2016
Some people are so wicked

check my signature for your aluminium and stone tiles roofing
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by HRich(m): 9:47am On Feb 24, 2016
modelmike7:
He should be sentenced to death by whatever method!
Death by Slapping.
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2016
This officer should be put in jail wt hard labour do that all those guys he's put in jail unjustly will treat his Bleep up....Police officer my foot.
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Truckpusher(m): 9:49am On Feb 24, 2016
They've not told us why they are holding that man anyway.
The petition was raised by a mallam and he was transferred to Abuja when the crime was allegedly committed in Rivers State , when will this impunity against non conformist in APC's quest for Rivers end?

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by DoctorTim: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2016
THE POLICE IS THE MORE FEARFUL THAN ARMED ROBBERS IN THIS COUNTRY. THEY SWEAR TO PROTECT BUT THEY KILL YOU
THEY PROMISE TO BE THERE DURING CRIME BUT THEY SCAMPER LIKE COCKROACHES IN LIGHT
THEY MAKE YOU WRITE STATEMENTS WHEN U BRING IN COMPLAINTS
THEY VUCTIMISE THE INNOCENT AND LET THE HIGH GUILTY GO SCOT FREETHEY SAY THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS BUT OBTAIN YOU AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY
THEY SAY YOU SHOULD REPORT ANY ON GOING CRIME YOU SEE BUT AS SOON AS YOU REPORT THEY ASK YOU FOR MONEY FOR FUEL
YOU CARRY AN ACCIDENT VICTIM TO THE HOSPITAL THEY MAKE YOU BEAR THE COST AND ACCUSE YOU OF BEEN A GOOD SAMARITAN
THEY BLOW THEIR SIRENS IN HOLD UP AND BANG YOUR SIDE MIRROR TILL IT SHATTERS IF U DONT GIVE WAY.
THEY DONT WASH THEIR BLACK UNIFORMS FOR DAYS AND HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LABEL YOU A MISCREANT FOR LOOKING HAGARD
THEY RAID THE GHETTOS UNLAWFULLY DETAINING GHETTO YOUTHS MEANWHILE THEIR BARRACKS IS Q
WORSE THAN THE GHETTO
THEY SEE WHITE AND TELL YOU IT IS BLACK. IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE U GO BEHIND THE COUNTER
THEY SAY NO PAYMENT FOR BAIL BUT DEMAND PAYMENT IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN
THEY SUMMARILY EXECUTE SUSPECTED CRIMINALS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE NO QITNESS IN SIGHT.
MY FRIENDS, THE FEAR OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE BEGGINING OF WISDOM. WHEN YOU SEE THEM DONT RUN, CALMLY GREET THEM AND WALK BY. DONT SHOW YOURSELF. DONT BE A STRONG HEAD. THEY ARE NOT TRAINED IN THE ART OF HOLDING THEIR RIFLES. ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE IS JUAT ANOTHER HAZARD OF THEIR JOB.
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND, BUT EVEN THE MOST DULL PERSON HERE KNOWS THAT SOME FRIENDS ARE WORSE THAN SOME ENEMIES. SHALOM

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 24, 2016
DoctorTim:
THE POLICE IS THE MORE FEARFUL THAN ARMED ROBBERS IN THIS COUNTRY. THEY SWEAR TO PROTECT BUT THEY KILL YOU
THEY PROMISE TO BE THERE DURING CRIME BUT THEY SCAMPER LIKE COCKROACHES IN LIGHT
THEY MAKE YOU WRITE STATEMENTS WHEN U BRING IN COMPLAINTS
THEY VUCTIMISE THE INNOCENT AND LET THE HIGH GUILTY GO SCOT FREETHEY SAY THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS BUT OBTAIN YOU AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY
THEY SAY YOU SHOULD REPORT ANY ON GOING CRIME YOU SEE BUT AS SOON AS YOU REPORT THEY ASK YOU FOR MONEY FOR FUEL
YOU CARRY AN ACCIDENT VICTIM TO THE HOSPITAL THEY MAKE YOU BEAR THE COST AND ACCUSE YOU OF BEEN A GOOD SAMARITAN
THEY BLOW THEIR SIRENS IN HOLD UP AND BANG YOUR SIDE MIRROR TILL IT SHATTERS IF U DONT GIVE WAY.
THEY DONT WASH THEIR BLACK UNIFORMS FOR DAYS AND HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LABEL YOU A MISCREANT FOR LOOKING HAGARD
THEY RAID THE GHETTOS UNLAWFULLY DETAINING GHETTO YOUTHS MEANWHILE THEIR BARRACKS IS Q
WORSE THAN THE GHETTO
THEY SEE WHITE AND TELL YOU IT IS BLACK. IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE U GO BEHIND THE COUNTER
THEY SAY NO PAYMENT FOR BAIL BUT DEMAND PAYMENT IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN
THEY SUMMARILY EXECUTE SUSPECTED CRIMINALS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE NO QITNESS IN SIGHT.
MY FRIENDS, THE FEAR OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE BEGGINING OF WISDOM. WHEN YOU SEE THEM DONT RUN, CALMLY GREET THEM AND WALK BY. DONT SHOW YOURSELF. DONT BE A STRONG HEAD. THEY ARE NOT TRAINED IN THE ART OF HOLDING THEIR RIFLES. ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE IS JUAT ANOTHER HAZARD OF THEIR JOB.
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND, BUT EVEN THE MOST DULL PERSON HERE KNOWS THAT SOME FRIENDS ARE WORSE THAN SOME ENEMIES. SHALOM

Though I agree with your premise but are you really a doctor?
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by alaskido(m): 9:54am On Feb 24, 2016
The guy above me who said Death by Slapping got me laughing and rolling on the floor. The palm of the executioner must be made of steel. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by alaskido(m): 9:59am On Feb 24, 2016
How can they arrest a Police for unlawfully possession of fire arm. Are they not the ones supposed to carry guns whether licensed or not. Wahala dey o.

2 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:12am On Feb 24, 2016
If PMB finsh his 8 term as President he shld be given IG of Police cos corruption for Police no get Pt2
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by lastpage: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2016
All those locally-made Double Barrels Guns found with him are the guns he "loans" out to Armed robbers on regular basis!

"The Police is really your Friend".

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by dokiOloye(m): 10:34am On Feb 24, 2016
Reading through d write up, I couldn't see anything incriminating on d DPO,unless there are facts they r not telling us.

2 Likes

Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by 9jatatafo(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2016
NPF are just one set of a people that are criminals in uniform who fight other street criminals. Very annoying set of people
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by todayguest(m): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2016
One hen that lays bad eggs. For the LOVE of MONEY is the root of all EVILS.
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by jaybee(f): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2016
Truckpusher:
They've not told us why they are holding that man anyway.
The petition was raised by a mallam and he was transferred to Abuja when the crime was allegedly committed in Rivers State , when will this impunity against non conformist in APC's quest for Rivers end?

Go ahead and tell us the whole story now!
Re: Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder by Truckpusher(m): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2016
jaybee:

Go ahead and tell us the whole story now!
You've started having gender identity crisis?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake LASTMA Officer Bags 4-Month Jail Term In Lagos (Photo) / Evil Uncle Beats Niece To Death For Refusing To Wash His Clothes / Allah Will Punish Me Severely - Minna Herdsman Who Plotted Attack On Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.