Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here (43781 Views)

Need Adivice: Which Is More Profitable To Plant On 5acres Cashew Or Palmtree / Turkey Production In Nigeria / Turkey ; How Profitable To Keep Some? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by bameks(m): 4:47am On Jan 30, 2018
Thanks
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Yes growers feed is OK
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by lahify(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
please I would like to know how many times they lay in a day. please your answers would be very useful. Thank yoy
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by lahify(m): 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
please I would like to know how many times they lay in a day. please your answers would be very useful. Thank you
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2018
Turkey lay once in a day
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by lahify(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
please add me to the watsapp group 09056265196
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2018
Send me massage on WhatsApp 08120528950
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:07am On Apr 15, 2018
WHY YOU SHOULD ENGAGE QUALIFIED AGRO CONSULTANTS*

If you must farm or invest in agriculture, pls, I beg you; engage a *qualified agro consultant.*

I have seen far too many farms ruined by these so called fake or internet agro consultants who, having read or downloaded a few agro e-books; claims authority of farming. With their sugar coated tongue, they deceive the unsuspecting agro investor into parting with huge sums to help them set up their agro investment/farms. I call them *laptop farmers* & they are everywhere cajoling, spewing fake ROI or sales statistics to convince & confuse the unsuspecting investor. Nearly all of these investment will fail & are failing. For example:

��They will not tell you that planting a rain-fed farm towards the end of rain season will fail. Why? They just want to sell & make money.

��They will not tell you that you need to do your farm layout before planting cash crop. Why? They just want to sell & make money.

��They will not tell you the importance of soil test in crop farming. Why? Because they don't know.

��They will not tell you that in animal husbandry, the breed of the parent stock is a major determinant of your production success. Why? Because they don't know.

��Most of them don't know there are hybrid or improved variety of most tree crops & animals. And, when they know, they wld rather give the customer another *palasa* or fake seedlings/offsprings. Why? They just want to make money.

These fake consultants are not limited to *laptop farmers* alone. Most investors think that because Mr A works in an agric institution, then, he is a qualified or trained agro consultant. I am sorry to disappoint you that if the so called Mr A is not a field staff of the institute & has practical field experience in the said crop, chances are that he can't deliver.

I have been to several farms supposedly set up by these agric institute staffs & it is a disaster. We have had to redo everything done by them.

So, what can an agro investor do?

✔Be vigilant & ask questions.
✔Don't accept or take everything they tell you until you cross check.
✔If possible, look for a successful farmer in your area of interest & learn from them.
✔Learn to fail & relearn.
✔Attend trainings & seminars.
✔ Network. Network & Network with other farmers.
✔Start small & grow.

Let's farm together & may God bless our hustles.

Copied
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by tonee1: 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
So u still sell turkey and what is the price range?
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by emmahoney(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2019
These categories of turkeys are for sale in Iwo, Osun State :

1. Those that started laying Mid February/ March

Price: N5000

2. Those that started laying 5 days ago

Price: N6000

3. Six weeks old

Price: N1600

Interested and serious buyers should contact me via call or WhatsApp on 07032687671.
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by aygentle(m): 5:50am On May 20, 2019
[What are the causes of Kleg in Turkeys and the solutions to it.?
quote author=boluwajokosegun post=43232196]
INTRODUCTION

There is a big market for turkeys all over the country. The market research carried out so far
indicated none availability of turkey farms in commercial quantity. The country is importing
a lot of frozen turkeys from Cotonou the capital of Benin Republic. Not until recently when
the Federal Government banned the importation of turkey into the country, so there is a wide
market for turkey farmer.
The meat, fertilized eggs, feathers and the droppings can be marketed. Frozen turkeys are
easily available for purchase in our Local market. Turkey meat and fertilized eggs are
commonly demanded for all over the country.
Turkey rearing starts from day old which should be kept in a brooder house under appropriate
temperature for about five weeks. Then the birds will be separated into different houses, one
for the males that are fast growers while the females which grow slowly are kept in the
second house. They may stay there till the time of maturity which is 20 weeks. Then you can
sell them for money or leave them for production of eggs. You hatch your fertilized eggs at
another farmer's hatchery on payment as agreed. You don't need to have your own hatchery
before you can produce day old turkey.But you make more csh if you have an incubator.
Turkeys are the fasting growing of all fowl. The feeding of turkeys is very important as the
feed to meat ratio meaning the amount of feed it takes to make one pound of meat on the
fowl makes the difference. If you intend to put eight pounds of meat on a turkey in eight and
one half weeks it will take thirteen pounds of feed. During this eight week period the turkey
exceeds any other fowl in growth.
Many commercial growers prefer to raise the tom turkey as they will get more return for
their money even if the toms are butchered earlier to avoid their being too large for the
market. You could consider just growing all tom turkeys as you can cut down on feed costs
because of the factor involving the feed conversion factor. A tom of up to eighteen pounds
requires forty two pounds of feed. The hen of eighteen pounds will require fifty seven
pounds of feed to reach the goal.
When you are growing turkeys, especially on a small scale, there will only be a few strains.
There are about two dozen main strains of the large and the medium white turkeys that are
usually grown. That does not mean that all of the strains will grow the same as heredity is a
factor and also the hatching egg has a lot to do with growth. The small eggs will produce
small pouts.
You can increase the energy of fowl by using carbohydrates and fats and also be allowing
the correct amount of nutrients from a balanced ration. When you add fats into the feed for a
turkey you can regulate the amount of feed and also the nutrients the turkey will consume. If
the bird is very large it will take more energy to maintain the body and also to produce eggs.
The younger turkeys do not need the energy by feed increased. It is wasteful to feed very
high-fibre feeds as the crude fibre has no food value, is indigestible and is passed in the
droppings.
Energy is measured in calories and the calorie is the amount of heat required to raise the
temperature of one gram of water from 16.5 degrees to 17.5 degrees. Studies have proved
that the energy available to turkeys from various feeds by burning the feeds and measuring
the heat produced during the process. About one fourth of the energy produced by feeds is
lost in the droppings. The usable energy is called the metabolize energy (ME) value of a
feed, this is the means by which values of energy in feed is measured.
The temperature in the environment of the turkey has an effect on the amount of fat that
they require. If the temperature is cold, then the bodies will require more fat and they will
consume more food. If you can keep the area the turkeys are in at a temperature of 61-75
degrees F. the feed intake will be adequate and the nutrition will be suitable.
You will find by looking at commercial feeds that the feeds are not mixed for either a high
or a low temperature but for a sensible medium. Fats are useful in feeds as they will
improve the consistency.
A well-balanced ration supplies the amount of fat needed according to the age of the turkey
and also the type of turkey in ration to how much energy the body of the fowl will require.
Check out the labels and inquire at your local feed store as you will need to feed a certain
amount to each turkey poult up to eight weeks of age, then you will feed a different amount
over eight weeks of age. The more nutrition in the feed the more the feed will cost as when
feeding the proper nutrition you will be able to market the fowl earlier and thus save money.
Every three to four weeks after brooding the nutritional needs will change. The nutrients
necessary are: Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Niacin, ad Chlorine. Also needed in
the nutrition of feed for turkeys will be the following: fats, vitamins, minerals, amino acids,
and water.
Most of the commercial feeds have both plant and animal proteins in the poultry feed and
most rations consist mainly of cereal-type grains. Soybeans are very high in protein and are
used in poultry feed as they are considered plant protein.
Be sure to provide enough water for your turkeys to drink as water provides some trace
minerals and the function of water is primarily to help maintain body temperature. If they do
not have enough water then the body tissues will dry out and they will have dehydration. Be
sure to notice carefully when there are times of excessive humidity and heat as they will
need even more water than usual.
Turkey produce for meat is differently fed from the ones meant for the production of egg.
The bird must be protected against their predators especially from the early days of existence.
Enemies of the birds are:- Rat, Snake, Reptiles etc… Strangers should be kept away from the
farm. Where it is necessary that they should be there, they must clean their feet in a sterilized
shallow through at the entrance of the farm.
The farmer should always seek the economic ways to save cost giving the Turkey balance
feed, good drinking water, keeping the house clean will go a long way in preventing diseases
among the bird.

TURKEY FARMING

Here are a few things to consider before starting your own turkey farming business. Like most agricultural businesses, turkey farming requires adequate knowledge on
how to raise turkeys, even if you do allow them to roam around free in a range. There are
many aspects of turkeys that any turkey farmer should know about such as the kind and
amount of food to be given. Once you get the necessary education about turkeys, it would be
a good idea to get work or apprentice with an already established turkey farmer so that you
can get the experience of handling the turkeys.

Location of the Free-Range Turkey Farming[/quote]
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by Real666: 9:12am On Dec 30, 2020
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Look at what the crowd on a weekly regular market and hatchery look like

So even if you have 1000 day old poult to sell weekly the market is available

Today's crowd is small besides some had left after sales

Can you assist me in building Hatchery in Port Harcourt?
Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by Opsssy: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2021
If you love yourself stay away from this "BoluwGoldenFarm"...he is on online farmer and knows nothing about physical rearing...i wanted to start turkey farming when i came across this thread and i messaged him to add me to his group...he said the group is filled...at first i was suspecting something that why can't he have more than one whatsapp group or have a telegram group but i decided to let me instinct pass..i wanted to pay for 2 things...one was his service to guide me with turkey farming..that was why i asked him to add me to his group to see how capable he is with reviews on his group..but the group is filled response first shook me off...second thing i wanted to pay for is 50 pieces of 2 weeks male Turkey and 50 pieces of 2 weeks female Turkey..but i have been hearing from people that Turkey farmer are dubious, they lie about baby turkey(poult) sex and end up giving you males instead of females or females instead of males..i then asked this "BoluwGoldenFarm" how do i recognize a baby turkey of 2 weeks sex if its male or female and guess what happened next? He said he is not in farm and i should check on google for pictures of their sexual organ..i told him i can't find pictures of recognition of a baby male and a baby female turkey and would wait till he is in farm so he can show me...and the next thing he did was to block me on WhatsApp...this man is a fraudster..for him to block me over sex difference, then he will definitely block me if i pay for anything because he knows nothing...i will attach a proof of our conversations

Re: Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here by Joelobioha(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2021
Liadi2:
Pls did u Ave Guinea fowls and how much do sell how many weeks re de?
I have enough..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Maize Farm In Pictures / World’s First Electric Driverless Tractors Launched (Pictures) / 60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.