Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,528 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Dollar Has Fallen To 250 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Has Fallen To 250 (6807 Views)

Price Of Dollar Has Fallen To.... / Diesel Price Has Fallen By 42%, Says NNPC / O Boy,dollar Has Crashed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by TunjiMsp: 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is what we can achieve with little patience. Those arm twisting the govt have failed. Let's stick with a less corrupt government and make Nigeria great again cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by talktrue1(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
One Mallam was telling me its 220 this evening
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by saints2(f): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
It sells for 240 at Eko Hotel this afternoon...

#Confirmed
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by IkennaBasilJR(m): 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
NDI IGBO KWENU!!!! KWENU!!!!!! KWEZUENU!!!!!!!! IFEANYI UBAH HAS DONE IT... SEKEM cool grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by Nichobabe(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Many Thanks to Dr Mba and Rabiu for exposing the evil of some few
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by IVORY2009(m): 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ubah, Buhari should appoint him...cheesy grin
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by nikkyshyne(f): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Exchanged at 250naira this morning too. But my boss just changed his at a rate of 290.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by aloeman15(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
wetin dey do una for dis country?
Yesterday 3 shipping lines that normally berth several container ship each in lagos- they all stopped shipping to us!
This is the major cause and you guys are rejoicing?!
Shey when nigeria's current stock of essential commodities have run out is when we'll understand-
IMPORTERS CAN'T BRING GOODS IN BECAUSE THERE ARE FEWER SHIPS COMING TO NIGERIA- SO LESS FOREX DEMAND.
Now, our troubles begin...
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by ProudOlodo: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
klexycole:
Let's Keep Our Fingers Crossed And See What Happens Next.
Honestly, the news has both good and eerie feeling to it

1 Like

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by britiko: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
it will definitely crash.
God will alleviate the pains of the masses
monopoly is bad for an economy.
God bless Ubah for voicing out.
more surprises will spring up, sit back relax and watch!
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by slap1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wow! People will still lose money. Thank God Buhari didn't bend to their whim and devalue the naira.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by klexycole(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
ProudOlodo:

Honestly, the news has both good and eerie feeling to it
Its Too Early To Celebrate,I Pray It Turn Out Well. cool
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by ProudOlodo: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
klexycole:
Its Too Early To Celebrate,I Pray It Turn Out Well. cool
Yea
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by slap1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nichobabe:
Many Thanks to Dr Mba and Rabiu for exposing the evil of some few

Like someone said, the black man is wicked.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by chacoonder(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
I believe there is a sort of conspiracy theory at work here... but no shaking, the change train must move on.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by stevecantrell: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
chinchum:
It is not entirely artificial, demand of dollar for import has actually declined. Many importers of goods simply stopped demanding at 400, as there is little possibility they can make profit at that margin.

Exactly, retailers can't increase prices, ad infinitum just to make a profit. I'm glad the madness is over..I think.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by CharleyCharley: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Watching closely...
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by islandmoon: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
the importers were no longer going for dollars because they will never be able to break even if they import goods at that rate, the local buyers will not buy, okay now, IMF is now pressurizing Nigeria to devalue her Naira because Nigeria is a very big market , over 170millions people who imports nearly everything, even tooth pick, now they are experiencing low sales, never under estate the power of 170millions buyers
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by greenhope(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
asha80:
Nigeria is a funny country where economic theories are defied.So exactly what policy trust or pronouncement happened between when dollar was 400n Las Friday to Wednesday that is now mid 200n?

Ask Ifeanyi Uba and am not surprise that up to now nobody has credited him for that.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by Bevista: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
koboko69:
His submissions are 100% correct. Weather artificial or super ficial or whatever. It was clearly stated that demand was also greater than supply....the supply was the one being hoarded to force Buhari to devalue.Drop in oil price still plays a major role. Our forex is mostly gotten from oil sales.
So where did he ere in what he was saying?
Yes, Demand could be REAL or SPECULATIVE, but as long as it exceeds Supply, Price will go up. Speculative demand or not, there are real and legitimate demand out there that the CBN cannot fill (e.g. the 41 de-listed items), and these demand will continue to put pressure on the parallel market - pushing price away from the official rate.
---
We do not know the factors responsible for the sudden appreciation of the Naira but I can bet that it won't be sustainable. The economic fundamentals have not changed, and price will find its true value soon (N250 - N300 in my opinion). What ever magic Ifeanyi Ubah would have done would have had a similar cosmetic effect and then rate will quickly revert back to its fair value. But he is a smart guy - he requested for only a 30 day mandate.
---
@AngryNigerian, @irynterri
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by iykedare(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
amokeme:
I'm happy about this really...
A banker friend just told me it's 220 now cheesy

Really? Where can I get dollars at such rate?
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by IkennaBasilJR(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Bevista:
Yes, Demand could be REAL or SPECULATIVE, but as long as it exceeds Supply, Price will go up. Speculative demand or not, there are real and legitimate demand out there that the CBN cannot fill (e.g. the 41 de-listed items), and these demand will continue to put pressure on the parallel market - pushing price away from the official rate.
---
We do not know the factors responsible for the sudden appreciation of the Naira but I can bet that it won't be sustainable. The economic fundamentals have not changed, and price will find its true value soon (N250 - N300 in my opinion). What ever magic Ifeanyi Ubah would have done would have had a similar cosmetic effect and then rate will quickly revert back to its fair value. But he is a smart guy - he requested for only a 30 day mandate.
---
@AngryNigerian, @irynterri
bros shey na ECONOMICS you study for school?
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by ibisko04: 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
I have never worry about the naira fallen as low as this artificial level we witnessed recently.
However, we must all learn from the mess we knowingly created for our country.
Greediness of Nigerians rich elites was the main reason our currency falls so low against the United states dollars
But thank God our president refused to fell for their tricks.
I have always know that our stolen wealth is what the few prodigal children of Nigeria are using to pauperize the majority of the good citizens .
We will witness the betterment of Nigeria soonest.
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by drnairalov: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
choi kinda sad nd happy about it sad

1 Like

Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by CharleyCharley: 12:22am On May 26, 2016
Buhari is a mess grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by CharleyCharley: 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Eh?
Re: Dollar Has Fallen To 250 by Freelancer007(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lols... But dollar to naira is still very high. $1 = N475 at the black market

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Create A Bulk Sms Site.what Do I Need / How Can I Get A Loan Using My Bsc/nysc Certificate As Collateral. / Dollar Recovery Crashes Oil Price To $64.89 Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.