Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar (49221 Views)

Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / Speculators Get Burnt As Naira Gains Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by obinto: 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ijaya123:

And you think you're making sense here? Smh...he did absolutely nothing. Just mere talk.

The gains by naira in the last few days was an instant reaction to the categorical statement made by Buhari that naira will not be devalued. Speculators has no choice than to start offloading the dollars.

You need to learn about some economics. Not the sentimental crap you put up there.
Buhari has from day one since the call for devaluation maintained he would not devalue. It didnt stop the naira free fall. Ifeanyi ubah raised the stakes when he categorically stated the dollar rise was orchestrated and artificial. The market reacted. He simply brought in a consciousness that the naira fall was fake. Then businessman rabiu camw on board to lend credence to uba's stance. If u are an average dollar speculator, u became edgy and thinking perhaps time to offload. If u are a buyer, u relaxed a little bit and maybe become more patient. Uba definitely pulled this off. Not saying it wont slide furrher down but at least there is an awareness of the dark and wicked art of dollar manipulation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
plaetton:

If that is the equilibrium value of the Naira at this period, then the market has spoken.

But we delude ourselves if we think that this is the intrinsic value of the Naira against other currencies.

Its appreciation against other currencies . Euro was close to 500 , and Pound was more than 500 . This was posted by The Guardian about an hour ago

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Balumeh(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari is Working ... Nigeria is moving forward!
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by IkennaBasilJR(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bevista:
I am one of them. Quote me anywhere, whatever parabolic movements you are seeing in the exchange rate will fizzle out within days or weeks. The economic fundamentals and structural issues have not changed. Do the so called Cabal have enough dollars to supply the market on a ssustaine basis? NO!
---
WW will go back below N300/$ after the initial euphoria & hysteria wears out. Ubah's N200/$ is impossible (on a sustained basis), except certain fundamental & structural issues change ifo the Naira - you can take that to the bank.
we can't go back to $300 why can't you be optimistic for once abegiiii
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by richard870(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Hehehehehehehehehehe.

Enemies don shame.

Nigeria is moving forward.

Where that Golden Parrot called Fayose sef?make him come run him Jangolova mouth again.
Who are you
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by apatuku: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
Burger01:
Lecture us on exactly the 'work' Uba did smiley
He threatens to expose those behind dollar artificial scarcity.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by 1kachi4u(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
I want to buy $1000 at N260.....anyone willing to sell...?....
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by redcap: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dollar is now sold a 355.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by justi4jesu(f): 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
1kachi4u:
I want to buy $1000 at N260.....anyone willing to sell...?....

Contact me.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by chemistry101: 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
hisgrace090:
Good news.
1/2 like
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
manneger2:

Why nairaland no get FO0L tab d same way they have LIKE
Ur problem is just illiteracy I ask a simple question, and see wat u replied me, u sud b ashamed of urself

2 Likes

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Mftivi: 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
adonbilivit:
I know say u get dollar wey you wan sell. continue hoarding until it drops to #200. economic jargons can't save u
I have given you information, it's left for you to use it or Ignore it or insult me.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Dynamo35: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dollars selling at N275 right now in the parallel market. I see better days ahead
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by mofeb(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
buy and install your carport and canopy from us at a very cheap price today

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by SailorXY: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Holyman3:
J

Here is what he did. After weeks of keeping quiet, he decided to talk. He went all out on a national TV and said, "The dollar scarcity is artificially created to enrich some powerful people. If the government appoint me as a consultant, without payment, the dollar will fall to 200 naira under one month". Cool right.

He went further to stake his over 500Billion assets on it.
Immediately after his tv show, dollar fell from 400 to 350. That's 50 naira of your money there.

Two days after his speech, the cabals convened an emergency meeting, in attendance were Osinbajo, Saraki, Atiku etc. The sophisticated people told us the meeting was for Saraki to beg them not to probe him further. How on earth would Saraki call a public meeting to lobby people against this probe? Such things are done in secret.

To cement Uba's claims, the chairman of BUA group said that Federal government is selling our national dollars/fx to Dangote alone to build factories outside Nigeria. It's here on nairaland.

Less than 24 hours later, Dollar tumbled from over 350 to 250.

Are you still asking what he did?

Choi can you just imagine!?
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by maureen546: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good news
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Bookiemart01(f): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
It didn't last though. It's now 350/$

maureen546:
Good news

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by ngmgeek(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Here's the current rate folks

Source. www.abokifx.com

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by chuckdelis: 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
be hear deceving yourselves dollar is selling for 335 now http://abokifx.com/
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by katerine7(f): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Burger01:
Lecture us on exactly the 'work' Uba did smiley
God will bless you,I wonder where they get their news

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
In 2015 when independent petroleum products marketers nearly crippled the nation (radio stations were closing,telecoms bases were shut,hospitals shut,transportation halted), Ifeanyi Ubah called a press conference offering to sell products in his storage. In less than 48 hours the strike was called off.

The naira was trading at 400 to 1 against the dollar. Ifeanyi Ubah in an interview wagered his whole assets if the naira did not strengthen to 200 to 1. Many called him names. In less than 48 hours the naira is racing towards 200.

Clairvoyance or conspiracy?

I leave you to your opinions and thoughts.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by joannes7(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

It's 250 in Lekki.

Your fx dealer wants to reap you off.

pls can I get any body to reference? any bdc person you know?. will be in lekki first thing tomorrow if i have a lead from a willing seller.
sorry for the bother
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by piagetskinner(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
The naira is loosing value again o.... Dollar scarcity
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Fourwinds: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
I don't believe in hearsay

Let's stop deceiving ourself..
Naira is lower than Dollars but higher than Zimbabwe Dollars
what is dis one saying
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Fourwinds: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
chuckdelis:
be hear deceving yourselves dollar is selling for 335 now http://abokifx.com/
rubbish. I don't think u listen to news
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Highvotage: 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
I think Ifeanyi Ubahs words was a lifeline to the recovery of the naira. He voiced out and that sent cold shivers down the spines of the speculators and staked his assets and that made speculators to have a rethink. Ifeanyi Ubah saving Nigerians since the days of Abacha. #nwaigbo

Saving Nigerians by demanding for political office before he can offer consultancy job for his fathers land?
Continue deceiving yourself.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Ijaya123: 11:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
kingdenny:

Lets give respect to him though whether hé did anything or not, cos right from thé dey hé spoke, naira have started to appreciate , maybe its a coïncidence , but i love such coïncidence

Can you please call on the magician Ubah to do the thing again since naira has lost value again.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by stynhaq(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ijaya123:

Your post here is mere speculation. No fact.

The gains by naira in the last few days was an instant reaction to the categorical statement made by Buhari that naira will not be devalued. Speculators has no choice than to start offloading the dollars.

How do you mean? Buhari has been quite consistent with talks of not devaluing the currency, yet no remarkable appreciation.

Truth is, Uba contributed to the rise. Didn't you see how MTN share prices fell last year just because of the news that Nigerian Government is imposing a fine on them?

Speculations also contributed, admit it!
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by Ijaya123: 3:40am On Feb 26, 2016
stynhaq:

How do you mean? Buhari has been quite consistent with talks of not devaluing the currency, yet no remarkable appreciation.

Truth is, Uba contributed to the rise. Didn't you see how MTN share prices fell last year just because of the news that Nigerian Government is imposing a fine on them?

Speculations also contributed, admit it!

Now that naira loosing value again, hope Ubah can wave the magic wand again.
Re: Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar by opomulero(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Good Morning NL,

Please I will need Turkish Lira to buy, any info shall be highly appreciated.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onitsha Tanker Fire: Trader Shares Before And After Pictures Of His Shop / Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours / 6 Exotic Business Ideas For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.