Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Are Military Officials Above The Law? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Military Officials Above The Law? (1010 Views)

SARS Officials Shoot Armed Robber Dead In Bayelsa, Arrest One (Graphic Photos) / How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS / BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Military Officials Above The Law? by francizy(m): 7:16am On Feb 25, 2016
A friend of mine told me how a military official (names withheld) harrased his girlfriend Kells (not real name) just because he wanted to have his way with her. Does him having a uniform mean that he can always have any woman he wants by force? Amazing!!! Now see how the whole thing happened...

Kells has a friend by the name Tina (not real name). The military man had asked Tina out but she didn't give in to him. Maybe because the guy is an arrogant person with little or no regard for civilians. He later got to meet Kells one day when he visited Tina. He then lost interest in Tina but didn't show it then. Later on, the military man traced Kells to her apartment.

Some other day, he went there and met Kells absence, he saw the landlady's sister and started asking for Kell's number. The Landlady's sister refused to give the contact to him but was threatened with arrest. So she had to give him the number. Afterwards, she alerted her sister (the landlady) about the whole thing and this led to Kells' ejection from her apartment.

The military man started calling Kells and asking her to meet him up (arrogantly and with no regards whatsoever for her person). She refused on several occasions but he would threaten and insult her. While this man was harrasing and threatening this girl, he didn't know that the girl's boyfriend is very well connected to top military officials, having resided in the barracks almost all his life. All he had to do was make a couple of calls and both his captain and major friend picked up the case.

When the captain called him, the convo went thus:

Military man: Hello
Captain: Young man, do you know any woman by the name Kells?
Military man: Yes sir.
Captain: Why were you threatening her?
Military man: I was only joking with her sir.
Captain: Joking?
Military man: Yes sir
Captain: You call that a joke? So the military training you received was to prepare you to torment and threaten civilians?
Military man: I'm very sorry sir.
Captain: Sorry for yourself. Now I give you one week to restore that girl's accommodation, else you'd be surprised at what the repercussion will be. **ends call**

The military man has been calling the captain, Kells and the landlady's sister pleading, all to no avail. While speaking with the landlady's sister, he asked her to him help beg Kells, but Landlady's sister told him that Kells wouldn't give in to her pleas. Landlady's sister asked him to get Kells a new accommodation since he already made her loose one. He was like, how much does accommodation cost. She told him 20k and he was like kai, and I no get money now. She told him to hustle for the money then. He said OK, that he's expecting his salary by the end of this month and that he will use part of it to restore her accommodation...

To cut the long story short, this military man must have been terrorising innocent females in the past and it had been working for him. He'd probably tell them that their names were mentioned in crimes and in order to cover up for them, they have to sleep with him. I believe it has been working for him until he decided to try it on my friend's babe.

Are military officials above the law? I asked because it seems like they are usually been taught how to molest civilians rather than how to protect civilians.

I think the government should look into these kinds of harassments by men in uniforms. These people while in their uniforms believed they are above the law hence there should be stricter penalties for uniformed officials that either harass civilians or shoot at armless civilians with or without provocation. There is a lot to do in this country, else, the poor man on the street will still be met with all manner of corrupt practices perpetrated by men in uniform.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Military Officials Above The Law? by esmeralda1(f): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2016
No I believe they are not above the law, but some just choose to be bad
Re: Are Military Officials Above The Law? by francizy(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2016
esmeralda1:
No I believe they are not above the law, but some just choose to be bad

Fact is, so many of those bad ones are out there roaming the streets.. One military man got so high Xmas period like that, to the point that he started harassing a civilian walking his own way just because the civilian told him he had no mony on him to give. These people are getting crazier by the day...
Re: Are Military Officials Above The Law? by ItuExchange(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2016
The answer is: NOPE!
Re: Are Military Officials Above The Law? by ChynoBEATS: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2016
francizy:

. One military man got so high Xmas period like that, to the point that he started harassing a civilian walking his own way just because the civilian told him he had no mony on him to give. These people are getting crazier by the day...

But anybody can report every personnel who ab-uses his/her uniform power ....
its as easy as taking both a picture n a video of the personnel n tender it as evidence via the defense hq twitter handle thats the easiest way ...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With ATM Fraud Personel / Two Communities In Lagos And Ogun Deserted By Christian Terrorists / Man Caught With Fresh Human Head, V*gina, Lungs, Other Body Parts In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.