Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,754 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty (2345 Views)

Kishkit Delight Vegetable Salads: Order For Your Tasty Salad [50% Discount] / Tasty Fiesta / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Winnergal(f): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2009
C2H5OH:

Oh yes I do. One man's meat is another's poison I guess.

oyinda, boring to you is fine with me. Ki ni big deal

Was just joking with ya . . .  smiley

As long as you eat them in combination with enough vegetables, eat enough fruits/drink enough fruit juice, e.t.c. it's okay actually . . .  kiss
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by C2H5OH(f): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2009
Winnergal:

Was just joking with ya . . . smiley

As long as you eat them in combination with enough vegetables, eat enough fruits/drink enough fruit juice, e.t.c. it's okay actually . . . kiss

Thank you dear. It's alright. I try to eat as much fruits as I can. ACtually I'm lying about the fruits. I need to consume more fruits n veggies
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2009
Well, most western food is a combination from different cultures.

I like some, I hate some.

Some taste like the have too much MSG, some taste like they need maggi, salt, and other seasonings.

Now I'm just inlove with Chinese and Japanese food.
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by oyinda3(f): 11:30pm On Jul 18, 2009
i don't think westerners use msg in their food. mostly asians and their ajinomoto
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

i don't think westerners use msg in their food. mostly asians and their ajinomoto
Yea, most asian do.
But next time you buy or order a western food, check for the ingredient or ask them for the ingredient.

I almost always make sure too check. I've been told that too much MSG is not healthy undecided
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2009
that is one reason i dont eat chinese food like before. once in blue moon. too much ajino phew. their food sweet pass sweet eeeewwwww
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 19, 2009
na true o. It gets boring after eating a plate. Thats how Chinese make so much darn money with their buffet.
Once you try one serving, it gets nasty. esp that sweet chicken
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 1:48am On Jul 19, 2009
sweet chicken? lol. i try their bean curd and veggie. but i am no longer crazy abt it now even my chinese roommate is not crazy abt chinese food why me grin
they pour brown sugar and white maggi into the food for customers tastebud grin.
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by oyinda3(f): 1:53am On Jul 19, 2009
yea my chinese friends tell me that "chinese" fried rice, fortune cookies, egg rolls etc are NOT really chinese foods. lipsrsealed. just that americans prefer those junks to the real chinese food (mostly soups, veggies, noodles, plain rice, dumplings etc ) and business wants to satisfy american customers and make money
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 19, 2009
*Hauwa*:

sweet chicken? lol. i try their bean curd and veggie. but i am no longer crazy abt it now even my chinese roommate is not crazy abt chinese food why me grin
they pour brown sugar and white maggi into the food for customers tastebud grin.
say what? brown sugar?

oyinda.:

yea my chinese friends tell me that "chinese" fried rice, fortune cookies, egg rolls etc are NOT really chinese foods. lipsrsealed. just that americans prefer those junks to the real chinese food (mostly soups, veggies, noodles, plain rice, dumplings etc ) and business wants to satisfy american customers and make money
Oh I heard about this.
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:05am On Jul 19, 2009
oh so you havent heard or seen that? yes brown sugar grin their main ingre grin
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 19, 2009
Hauwa, I think we'll be the best of friends. I love food and you know facts about food. Good combo grin

So I gotta decrease my intake of chiney food
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:16am On Jul 19, 2009
muah muah grin

girl, you didnt know that before? wetin make the adie sweet? natural flavor? grin
my rm cooks chinese food all the time even if she is late for class . . . brown sugar is a sure thing. it always puzzles me.
i dont eat their sweet and sour chicken because i know what they use shocked
eat it once in a while. also make sure you put more rice and less anything (their stew) you've ordered.
2 table spoon of their beef and brocoli for their rice grin
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 19, 2009
eww eww, I hate broccolis.
Actually, I always wonder abt the sweetness. . . . well, now I know.
Hauwa, have you tried their raw meat thingy?
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:25am On Jul 19, 2009
no no i havent. veggie sushi but no raws. have u?
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by oyinda3(f): 2:27am On Jul 19, 2009
*Hauwa*:

2 table spoon of their beef and brocoli for their rice   grin

i always wondered why their brocoli was unnaturally sweet. lol lipsrsealed

best thing is to go to a chinese restaurant with a chinese friend. they usually pick the menus that are healthy and  actually chinese.
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 19, 2009
*Hauwa*:

no no i havent. veggie sushi but no raws. have u?
Yes mehn, that thing tasted so good. I was testing it and enjoying it until the waiter told me what it was.
I kia kia ran to the bathroom embarassed cheesy
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:31am On Jul 19, 2009
lol, i didnt know too until i saw her make lo mein with sugar grin
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by chiogo(f): 2:32am On Jul 19, 2009
what's MSG?? I thought they use honey, didn't know it's brown sugar. Oh gosh.

Actual chinese food is not sweet. . .I'll stick with the junk for now till I'm ready to quit chinese food in general.  cheesy
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:33am On Jul 19, 2009
eeeewwww '
grin
FL Gators:

Yes mehn, that thing tasted so good. I was testing it and enjoying it until the waiter told me what it was.
I kia kia ran to the bathroom embarassed cheesy

ever taste their frog leg
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Hauwa1: 2:35am On Jul 19, 2009
brown sugar is what they use in cooking. u wont miss that in their kitchen
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 19, 2009
chiogo:

what's MSG?? I thought they use honey, didn't know it's brown sugar. Oh gosh.

Actual chinese food is not sweet. . .I'll stick with the junk for now till I'm ready to quit chinese food in general. cheesy
MSG is Monosodium glutamate. It enhances flavor.
You know how you eat something for a while and other food seems to taste "boring"? It's caused by MSG.
It tripples the amount of insulin the body makes and causes obesity, and you know what that means.

You know hot cheetos has it. My fave snack, now I just try to avoid it.

@Hauwa
Who made frog legs edible?
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

quite true.

Chinese food isnt actually of Chinese origin per se.

Back home in China they eat things like duck, 1000 year eggs, noodles. etc.

The main/real "Chinese" thing about the food is the fact that they chop their ingredients into smaller pieces which makes it more appealing to outsiders.

However, just because they adapted their menu to suit American consumers doesnt mean its junk nah.

But I agree the steamed veggies are healthier.
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by chiogo(f): 2:52am On Jul 19, 2009
FL Gators:

MSG is Monosodium glutamate. It enhances flavor.
You know how you eat something for a while and other food seems to taste "boring"? It's caused by MSG.
It tripples the amount of insulin the body makes and causes obesity, and you know what that means.

You know hot cheetos has it. My fave snack, now I just try to avoid it.
Oh, for a minute I thought you guys were talking about maggi. Eww, I hate cheetos. . .or chips in general.

I like chinese food because of the sweetness sha cheesy I need to stop, they must be crazy to be putting sugar in everything - rice, spaghetti, chicken haba! diabetes!!! shocked
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 19, 2009
rotflmao grin grin
Re: Is It Only Me? I Don't Find Western Food Tasty by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 19, 2009
Western food is rubbish!

(1) (2) (Reply)

1.2kg Smoked Cat Fish Available For Supply At A Cheap Price / How To Cook Nigerian Jollof Rice / All Kinds Of Beans, Maize, Soya Beans, Wheat, Millet For Sale In (100kg / 50kg)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.