Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer (2422 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by iliyande(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
jashar:
Good day friends. My friend and I have been 'in-between' wink jobs since last year. She saw a post here on Nairaland she felt she qualified for so she applied.
She got called for the test which she passed and even got invited for the interview afterwards. She has gotten the offer letter but she is reluctant to go because of grin... (you know what) the pay.
It's a Trainee position for 6months for which she will be paid 40k. From that 40k, tax, pension and Health insurance would be deducted. After all the deductions, she would be left with roughly 35k.
She stays at Ibafo and the company is at Ikeja.
Should she take up the offer?

Please advice. Thank you kiss

Yes, for experience
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Not everyone is in Lagos. You needed to provide more details to get better advice. For instance, what's the bus fare from Ibafo to Ikeja and back? Again, it depends on what she needs most at the moment: For example, is the pay her priority? Or, since it is a trainee position, does she value the experience above the pay for now?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by anachy: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
jashar:
Good day friends. My friend and I have been 'in-between' wink jobs since last year. She saw a post here on Nairaland she felt she qualified for so she applied.
She got called for the test which she passed and even got invited for the interview afterwards. She has gotten the offer letter but she is reluctant to go because of grin... (you know what) the pay.
It's a Trainee position for 6months for which she will be paid 40k. From that 40k, tax, pension and Health insurance would be deducted. After all the deductions, she would be left with roughly 35k.

job position before I can give you the best advise you need.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
anachy:
job position before I can give you the best advise you need.

Trainee Consultant in an upcoming Consultancy firm.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
jashar:

Let me verify from her. Thank you.

I'm back grin. Because she's also a part time student at UNILAG, transport each day costs 900/day. Working with 20 working days in a month, she'll spend 18000 shocked on transport monthly.
smiley

35k minus 18k equals 17k. If the pay is her priority, this is surely poor. But the experience part of it could worth more than money. There are cases where people work free of charge just to gain experience (If you know Robert Kiyosaki's story, you'd concur). In my view - and also depending on other issues like whether she is single or married; whether she has kids or family to support; whether she has a strong sponsor for her studies, etc - let her accept the job for the sake of the experience. Or if she needed more time for other things, she could try self employment. Let her decide what she needed most for now in advancing her destiny: Money? Time? Experience? Other? Grab a good day.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by anachy: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
jashar:

Trainee Consultant in an upcoming Consultancy firm.
the money is poor cos of distance and the position is not attractive.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by Teddeebear: 5:37am On Feb 26, 2016
jashar:

Ok. Thanks.

Kaiii... it is well ooo
take the offer, if you have nothing doing at hand, the job is an opportunity to network and acquire more skills, by the end of 6months, you won't regret it, they may retain you or you meet someone in the specialty that will assist you.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by browncolysis(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2016
A journey of 1000 miles start with a step, I know of people who accepted job offer less than 30k just for the experience, and they are earning fat pay now, so she shouldn't be focusing on the pay now but rather on the experience, cuss with experience she can make a better future tommorrow, moreover, with the present economy in Nigeria, many employer can't afford to pay that much now so if a may suggest, she should take up the offer while she be at the look out for a better offer, cuss the devil you know is better than the saint you don't know. be wise o! there are limited job out there.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by PresVA: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2016
anachy:
the money is poor cos of distance and the position is not attractive.
hmmmm, who says the position isn't attractive? What do you about consultancy?

Op, she should take up the job! Better opportunities will open from there. ..

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by kavey10(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Wow! Finally got the job. Congratulations!

Jeez 40k! Tough luck, grab it my sister with both hands. As long as there is no binding agreement that you have to stay 6months, then keep looking. Grasp as much as you can while on it.

Remember, experience over pay is what you should consider.

Don't worry, be happy.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by nnemak(m): 4:47am On Mar 23, 2017
jashar:

How did the consultancy turn out to be?
Have you move yet?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by jashar(f): 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by debaj10: 1:00am On Jan 31, 2019
this is silly.
where's she going to get the t fare from?
she better tell them to loan her the money for a small venture:
buy goods you can sell at school.
sell b4/after classes.
advertise on social media.
focus on turnover, instead of profit.

and minwyl-
beta tranfa to skool near ur haus.
N900/day transport, shior.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed About A Job Offer by larrydan: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hi, now it is also difficult to get a job, but slowly improving the network of job offers. You can contact these guys Govt jobs in india, and they can help you find a job with no contributions or other investments. Just wait for their call. Now I contacted with them too in search of work, and they said, that there is 2 positions, now I await their telephone call, thought that I can help to you.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Job Vacancies At KOEMAN Nigeria Limited / Vacancy For Immediate Employment / INEC Adhoc Recruitment 2019 – Form Collection, Training Date, Money Allocated...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.