Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,035 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC (2037 Views)

Naira Firms On Black Market After Central Bank Action - BDC Traders / Remittance: CBN Raises BDC Exchange Rate To N385/$ / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
Wondering how to cope
with the present naira
exchange rate? Need help
in dealing with foreign
currency shortage? Worry
not, dear nairalanders, Naij.com has
launced an online bureau de
change, BDC.naij.com — an online platform for forex
where buyers and sellers
meet.Meet real people, buy or sell
foreign currency online with ease.
You can get started at BDC.naij.com
A few guidelines below.
Contact the seller (or buyer)
by clicking on the green arrow near his name. Add your own details if you
want to buy or sell
with BDC.naij.com by clicking the Add request button in the upper right corner of the table
before you. You will be directed to the registration page. The process is simple: fill in the
few required fields, and your
info will appear on the site
after moderation (all the
applications from BDC.naij.com users undergo moderation). Here are some tips: – the Rate field: enter your preferred exchange rate; – the Amount field: enter the actual amount of money you
would like to buy or sell. Http://BDC.naij.com
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by olaide721(m): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
This is great bur hope it won't turn to the normal BDC on the street ?
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
olaide721:
This is great bur hope it won't turn to the normal BDC on the street ?
nop u can actually fix your price
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by dipsonladi(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
I CAN CATEGORICALLY CONFIRM TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE IS OPEN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE. I AM A VICTIM. BEWARE. PLEASE INFORM UNSUSPECTING NIGERIANS. EFFORTS TO REACHING NAIJ.COM CONTACTS FAILED IN ORDER TO LODGE MY COMPLAINS OFFICIALLY.
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by Alphadoor: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2017
dipsonladi:
I CAN CATEGORICALLY CONFIRM TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE IS OPEN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE. I AM A VICTIM. BEWARE. PLEASE INFORM UNSUSPECTING NIGERIANS. EFFORTS TO REACHING NAIJ.COM CONTACTS FAILED IN ORDER TO LODGE MY COMPLAINS OFFICIALLY.
Please shed more as am about to initiate a transaction this website.
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by tolajay: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Users should beware of their dealings on open-source fora such as this.

The authenticity of buyers and sellers alike is not maximally verified and could be used by persons with criminal motives to defraud unsuspecting publics - a recurring issue in the currency exchange thread on Nairaland.

Be warned, awoof dey run belle...Follow your instinct, obey your guts.

PS: I neva use the platform o, dis na jus my advise for una.

2 Likes

Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by dotzok: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Alphadoor:

Please shed more as am about to initiate a transaction this website.
Re: Naij.com Launches First Nigerian Online BDC by naijacutee(f): 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
I think they killed this idea because they could not accurately verify the authenticity of the users registered with them.

When setting up a peer to peer lending platform, you need to carry out due diligence in finding out as much as possible from your users - ask them what business they do, their parents name, what village they come from and even who is their next door neighbour in the village. Ask for photos of themselves and photos of their next of kin. When I registered with Cryptomate answer Coinbase, I had to provide my international passport as well as a current photo of myself and I also had to verify my bank account.

I think it is a lack of these security measures that killed the service.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fiverr Leveraging Project> Read Carefully And Join Now. / Have You Recently Experienced This On Your PayPal Account? / At Union Bank, There’s A Loan For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.