Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Things To Do In Paris, France. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Do In Paris, France. (1095 Views)

Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris / Living In France / Thread For France Prospective Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do In Paris, France. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
1. Visit the Eiffel Tower
This may sound cliche but trust me, your trip to Paris is not complete until you have visited the Eiffel Tower. It is an amazing experience you won’t forget in a long time. At least take a memorable picture with the Eiffel Tower behind you.
For me, I took it to the next level and conquered my fear of heights. Yes, i’m acrophobic, yet I went up the Eiffel Tower…to the very top. The Eiffel Tower is 324m tall, we walked 115m up to the second floor and used the lift to the top floor. The stunning view of the city from the top of the Eiffel is something worth experiencing. This was a tick off my bucket list.

2. Take the guided walking tours
The best way to explore the city is on foot. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because you may be walking for 2-3 hours. Most walking tours are free, however, it is always nice to appreciate your tour guide after the tour. The guides are knowledgeable and you can take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions you may have about the city.

3. Take the open-top bus tour
The hop-on, hop off bus tour with recorded commentaries in different major languages is a great way to see the city. The experience is worth it.

4. The Louvre
This is a must see for anyone visiting Paris. It is one of the largest and most important museums in the world. Some of the famous works of art in the museum are Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, the Venus of Milo and the Dying Slave by Michelangelo.

5. Visit Champs Elysees/Arc de Triomphe
If you plan to indulge in some shopping, champs elysees is the place for you. The district is famous for shopping, nightlife, restaurants, movie theaters and clubs. At the west end of Champ de Elysees, take a tour to the arc de triomphe and take breathtaking photos. The Arc de Triomphe honors those who fought for France in the French Revolutionary and the Napoleonic Wars and it has the names of the generals engraved on its inner and outer surface.

6. Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral
This cathedral is one of the oldest and largest church buildings in the world. It is indeed a wonderful piece of architecture. Remember to light a candle inside for a loved one.

7. Visit the Palace of Versailles
The palace is one of the most beautiful achievements of the 18th century.

8. Do the Food tour/ Wine tasting
If you are a lover of good food and fine wine, then you should take a group walking tour led by an expert food connoisseur who will take you through a number of Paris neighborhoods to visit Paris’ finest gourmet shops.

9. Take the City Cruise
What better way is there to enjoy Paris than cruising the seine river? Take a relaxing cruise along the most fascinating waterways in Paris, cruising under iconic bridges and taking memorable pictures of the architectural wonders.

10. Disneyland Paris
They say “everyday is a party at Disneyland”. Wouldn’t you rather party?
Have you been to Paris? Share your experience here

1 Like

Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by MRBrownJ: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
the true way to discover Paris is to lose yourself in that city, interact with French people and immerse yourself fully in the French way of life.
all the above are just French monuments and museum, and after visiting them, you still wouldnt know much about the people of that great city and its wonderful secret spots... that would make you discover a completely different city.
btw I am French, parisian born and bred.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by tpiar: 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by Flexherbal(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2016
Les francias sont tres romantiques!
Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Tu habites vous vivez à où exactement à paris ?
Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Tu habites vous vivez à où exactement à paris
MRBrownJ:
the true way to discover Paris is to lose yourself in that city, interact with French people and immerse yourself fully in the French way of life.
all the above are just French monuments and museum, and after visiting them, you still wouldnt know much about the people of that great city and its wonderful secret spots... that would make you discover a completely different city.
Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by MRBrownJ: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
blackchukky:
Tu habites vous vivez à où exactement à paris

je ne vis plus à Paris, après avoir beaucoup voyagé, je vis maintenant à Rio.

1 Like

Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
MRBrownJ:

Well said. Interacting with locals is the best way to discover any city. However, it doesn't rule out the need to explore historical monuments in these cities. Few people get the chance/time to really interact with the locals so exploring these sites and learning about their history is truly rewarding.
Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by worry359(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
I just hate the sort of people that go to a place like Paris
and the first words they say are "where is a Nigerian restaurant!

Why go to other countries and never try their food or lifestyle?
Re: Things To Do In Paris, France. by tpiar: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
People who are used to spicy food might not immediately be comfortable with the local cuisine if its not spicy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Google In Cotonou – Road Trip From Lagos To Benin Republic / . / Please How Can I Bring My American Fiancé To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.