Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris (17942 Views)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by josephine123: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2017
[img]http://3.bp..com/-dE4Ud0cHzz0/WaEwlWKcTyI/AAAAAAAAfek/1NuAVRe4as4-bq0rDk4UKuS0LGAztHLkgCLcBGAs/s640/21041308_1948836025330282_4748918611605716992_n.jpg[/img]

And that is how Air France that was meant to depart Paris for Lagos since about 9:00am today hasn't taken off till now and passengers (even business class passengers) are left to sleep at the airport lounge, including women and children.

A particular lady with her children coming from Toronto arrived since 7:00am to connect to lagos. She has since been stranded at the airport with her children...no food, no hotel accommodation! Air France only provided vouchers for pastries and snacks and the children do not eat those so they have been eating only Bananas.

These passengers bought these tickets with hard earned monies. And it's not even cheap! Why should these airlines treat our citizens like this Even when they know our country is one of their most lucrative routes . What is so difficult in getting hotel accommodation for these passengers, especially the women and children Mothers are weeping at Charles de Gaulle airport. It is so heartbreaking.

I hope this situation is addressed and all those affected get due compensation . Sad!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ojfFGEuZrpA/WaEwlm7GC4I/AAAAAAAAfeo/i0GwSz5e7XQpr_4jc3dRQaVnGdaKR-j0QCLcBGAs/s640/cats%2B11-tile.jpg[/img]

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OmUi2BAM

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/08/air-france-leaves-lagos-bound.html
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by josephine123: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2017
too bad of dem
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by EKITI001: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2017
i like dat woman, she get action..

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Aug 26, 2017
EU passengers no get wahala... EU law cover them, compensation galore....
EU regulation 261/2004

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by auntysimbiat(f): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2017
this is so unfair... lalasticlala, come see

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by pretty16(f): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
This is really sad. I think the mods should move this to front page Asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by dustydee: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
EKITI001:
i like dat woman, she get action..
Shouting doesn't often make the situation better.

9 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by buygala(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
Some people will give an arm to be 'stranded' in Paris ... But they can't cry

These ones not only went to Paris.. . But Paris doesn't want to leave them alone grin

Being poor is a problem.. . Being rich enough not to be poor is also a problem sad

Buhari sef undecided

14 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Ekakamba: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2017

Arik copy cat grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Eke40seven(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
If you are a Nigerian and you find yourself going through the Paris airport, then you are in for it. If you don't speak French, triple punishment.
They will treat you like you have Ebola. They believe every black person should automatically speak French and even find it insulting if you don't. They speak and understand English but will never speak to you, they will subject you to a series of embarrassing questions and checks. Even though they are just the transit route to your destination.
The problem here might not be related to my rant above but I won't be surprised if they don't even send apologies for this situation.

13 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Franco93: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Is there no other aircraft in the airport?
Anyways, what do I know, i never enter plane b4 cool
Floyd Mayweather

9 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
This is unacceptable..
Those passengers must collect compensation.

And I was just about to buy airfrance ticket to lagos undecided

The way this yeye oyinbo people dey treat black people sef no be am.. Thunder fire them!

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by pyyxxaro: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
They should board the nearest keke undecided

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by sw: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
observing.....

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by pyyxxaro: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
Just passing

Una well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Air France lol. Na today?

2 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Jaqenhghar: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
You think this is bad? Maybe you need to see how Nigerian airlines treat Nigerian passengers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Similar thing happened to me in 2014. Though it was a connecting flight wahala. From LOS to Paris, then waited for about 5-6 hrs before we boarded en route New york
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by buckyfof(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
This only happens when u re from Nigeria

We af not only suffered, we af bin relegated angry
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by tron23(m): 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
This is why we need to restructure and totally overhaul our nation. No one will take us seriously when we don't take care of our own. Arik Air has done worst. The time is now. Don't expect all this old men to fix Nigeria, they are only interested in their pockets.
2019 is around the corner, Nigerian YOUTHS VOTE WISELY. Take your destiny in your hands. Am out.

3 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by obailala(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
Air France now has a reputation for this sort of thing; suffered the same fate with them in 2015 while flying to Lagos. Flight was about to take off, developed some system fault, taxied back to the dock, spent 3 hours in the plane while they struggled to fix it, still no victory. A mini protest occured since they wouldnt feed hungry tired passengers and wouldnt open the damn doors for us to go out. Eventually left the plane after waiting 3 hours, and had to spend another 7 hours at the terminal before another plane was provided.

I think this is an inevitable issue in the aviation business, but Air France doesnt seem to behave differently from Arik and co.

2 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by oyienootieno: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
Franco93:
Is there no other aircraft in the airport?
Anyways, what do I know, i never enter plane b4 cool

God will bless you for saying the truth. I prophesy before the end of this year your blessings will locate you.

6 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by oyienootieno: 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2017
This is really unusual of them. Whenever delta air cancel at the last minute we use air france or klm and they have never disappointed.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by claremont(m): 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
Eke40seven:
If you are a Nigerian and you find yourself going through the Paris, then you are in for it. If you don't speak French, triple punishment.
They will treat you like you have Ebola. They believe every black person should automatically speak French and even find it insulting if you don't. They speak and understand English but will never speak to you, they will subject you to a series of embarrassing questions and checks. Even though they are just the transit route to your destination.
The problem here might not be related to my rant above but I won't be surprised if they don't even send apologies for this situation.

This isn't true. Paris is a popular tourist destination for people of all colours, french people living in Paris are used to tourists and are very hospitable. Plus, there are a lot of french people from mixed backgrounds including African backgrounds. A Nigerian tourist going to Paris will be treated just like every other tourist from all over the world. My experience of the French when I visited Paris is different from yours, it felt just like every other major cosmopolitan city.

The EU law prescribes compensation for delayed flights emanating to or from an EU country, these Nigerians are entitled to receive it. It's there in the law and there is no debate over it.

6 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by nextstep(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
Jaqenhghar:
You think this is bad? Maybe you need to see how Nigerian airlines treat Nigerian passengers.

Heh heh. I was waiting for somebody to point this out. This is not a problem of the airlines, but for the government to insist on standards. When a government treats its own citizens with disdain, why should foreign airlines do any better?

2 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Rishard(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Just passing

Una well done

Bros I hail o.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Rishard(m): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
tron23:
This is why we need to restructure and totally overhaul our nation. No one will take us seriously when we don't take care of our own. Arik Air has done worst. The time is now. Don't expect all this old men to fix Nigeria, they are only interested in their pockets.
2019 is around the corner, Nigerian YOUTHS VOTE WISELY. Take your destiny in your hands. Am out.

Where you dey go?

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by totorimi: 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
When you disgrace your self at home, who do you want to respect you outside. You dont have anything to boast of and you want to be behaving as a modern day person, its not possible. If only Nigerians can realiise how bad our outside image is.

Gone are the days when Nigerian ambassadors wll go abroad and launder our image abroad but no its comatose, I dont know how else you want 'oyinbo' to treat you when a whole number image maker of the country goes abroad to balance and be hosting visitors in another man's country with 'I dont care' attitude. while your own country cant even boast of 24 hr electricity.
Its a pity to those its not their fault but they should try ask why them and how did we get here. Even at this poor treatment meted at Nigerians, I bet the government will look the other way.

You dare not treat an American or Briton like this even a South African.

2 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
NeXT time they should follow British Airways they are the best. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport / Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.