Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! (47733 Views)

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach / Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Fortuna Sittard's Chief Coach / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by fortunechy(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2016
clueless management

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by mrtopcas: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2016
I thank God for u Mr sunny .for the first time in Nigeria some body seen that things are not going the way it suppose to be in his office and he steps down.. I wish mr president will do sooo
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Onlymewakacum(m): 9:43am On Feb 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
AfricanFootball.com confirms this news also.

It's true the NFF didn't give him the required support but Oliseh knew the conditions he was coming to face afterall, Keshi and others before him faced worse.

I think Oliseh's retirement at this particular time is
cowardice. He's just afraid of failure and the truth is I don't see the Egyptians beating us even with Oliseh in charge because our players are currently on fire and are quite motivated to make a statement for
themselves. All he needed to do was what Siasia
did in Senegal with our U-23 team last december. Siasia faced worse. He just needed to stay focused
against the odds.

So Sir Oliseh... Why have you decided to run?? Scared of failure? Not man enough to handle all that most of your predecessors faced?

Maybe he wants to preserve his record of 1 loss in
official and friendly matches so that history will remember him as a coach who quit despite having moderately good record based on results alone in his first 14 matches or so.

In my own opinion, Oliseh should not have led Nigeria at the Chan tournament because he was still ill. He wasn't fully recovered and didn't know the best players based on what Salisu Yusuf (his assistant) monitored while the home-based team camped in Nigeria.

Yes, reports say he was in communication with the
team but fact is he was not on ground to see the
players train and perform. That's partly why Oliseh
didn't even know his first choice center-back pairing
at the CHAN. He kept switching players in a position
that required stability and understanding between
two defensive partners.
He also missed it when he picked Ibenegbu ahead of Usman for the first two matches of the tournament in the AMF position.
He also missed it in picking Aggreh ahead of Ezekiel
Bassey. All these positional/tactical mistakes which
Yusuf would have curtailed because he was "basically" in charge of the team in Nigeria while
Oliseh was receiving treatment in Belgium. (Losciuto was there but Salisu knew the players better and should have been consulted by Oliseh...... But No way!!! Oliseh came in and rocked the boat).

As for the NFF, I thought they said he's the messiah
so why suddenly turn their back on him?
Oliseh shot himself in the legs shaa.... This current chaos was always bound to happen from the moment Oliseh showed us he lacks man-management skills. I always knew it was a matter of time before he clashes with the same NFF who termed him the African Pep Guardiola

Time for Nigeria to move on... Nigeria's Super Eagles is FAR BIGGER than just one man, in this case, Oliseh.
I don't want a coward-like personality handling our senior national team. A man who can't face the heat should stay out.

Wish the NFF guys could also quit and leave our
football alone. We need real soccer technocrats. I'm
so sick of their "entropy-inspired disorganised (dis)
organisation"

Long live The Super Eagles....

Resignation Sir, not retirement.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by aliscomonaj: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2016
You no even sabi coach self, so cause for alarm.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 9:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Shame on all the local Nigeria goats here casticating oliseh. I was never a fan of oliseh but this singular act makes me respect him now. We can't continue with same bullsh*ts from top officials and expect positive change. By the time the next three coach resigns due to sane rubbish from NFF they will straighten up. This is a great achievement and precedence by the coach.NFF should stop there stupid nigeria style management of our game.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Godiloveu(f): 9:47am On Feb 26, 2016
SirLegal:
Its high time the NFF actually goes for a foreign coach.

I disagreed with u Sir!
Over 170 million popn and a football nation for dat mata, we go dey find good coach again?!

Abeg NFF shud look inward we ve qualify pipo to do a bera job, biko.

Change!!!
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by kilomeji: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2016
Please i propose NFF appoints Emmanel Amuneke for the Super Eagles. For now, he seems cool-headed. Secondly, his style of play at U17 World Cup was top class. At least, NFF will be appointing a manager who has done something.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 9:48am On Feb 26, 2016
maoolakanm:
I KNEW HE WILL TAKE A WALK,A FACE-SAVING WALK.HE IS A SISSY MAN THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT MADE FOR A ROUGH PLACE CALLED NFF.
not rough place but stupid place. Good stupidity and maltreatment by higher people in government should not be tolerated.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50am On Feb 26, 2016
It's been modified. That's what happens sometimes when one types too fast. Thanks. #smiles

Onlymewakacum:

Resignation Sir, not retirement.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2016
Godiloveu:

I disagreed with u Sir!
Over 170 million popn and a football nation for dat mata, we go dey find good coach again?!

Abeg NFF shud look inward we ve qualify pipo to do a bera job, biko.

Change!!!
The issue here is NFF not meeting their contract agreement and stupid maladministration not coach. Even if they get moirinho and then refuse to follow through with contract etc. Our football will all still be a faux.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 9:54am On Feb 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
AfricanFootball.com confirms this news also.

It's true the NFF didn't give him the required support but Oliseh knew the conditions he was coming to face afterall, Keshi and others before him faced worse.

I think Oliseh's resignation at this particular time is
cowardice. He's just afraid of failure and the truth is I don't see the Egyptians beating us even with Oliseh in charge because our players are currently on fire and are quite motivated to make a statement for
themselves. All he needed to do was what Siasia
did in Senegal with our U-23 team last december. Siasia faced worse. He just needed to stay focused
against the odds.

So Sir Oliseh... Why have you decided to run?? Scared of failure? Not man enough to handle all that most of your predecessors faced?

Maybe he wants to preserve his record of 1 loss in
official and friendly matches so that history will remember him as a coach who quit despite having moderately good record based on results alone in his first 14 matches or so.

In my own opinion, Oliseh should not have led Nigeria at the Chan tournament because he was still ill. He wasn't fully recovered and didn't know the best players based on what Salisu Yusuf (his assistant) monitored while the home-based team camped in Nigeria.

Yes, reports say he was in communication with the
team but fact is he was not on ground to see the
players train and perform. That's partly why Oliseh
didn't even know his first choice center-back pairing
at the CHAN. He kept switching players in a position
that required stability and understanding between
two defensive partners.
He also missed it when he picked Ibenegbu ahead of Usman for the first two matches of the tournament in the AMF position.
He also missed it in picking Aggreh ahead of Ezekiel
Bassey. All these positional/tactical mistakes which
Yusuf would have curtailed because he was "basically" in charge of the team in Nigeria while
Oliseh was receiving treatment in Belgium. (Losciuto was there but Salisu knew the players better and should have been consulted by Oliseh...... But No way!!! Oliseh came in and rocked the boat).

As for the NFF, I thought they said he's the messiah
so why suddenly turn their back on him?
Oliseh shot himself in the legs shaa.... This current chaos was always bound to happen from the moment Oliseh showed us he lacks man-management skills. I always knew it was a matter of time before he clashes with the same NFF who termed him the African Pep Guardiola

Time for Nigeria to move on... Nigeria's Super Eagles is FAR BIGGER than just one man, in this case, Oliseh.
I don't want a coward-like personality handling our senior national team. A man who can't face the heat should stay out.

Wish the NFF guys could also quit and leave our
football alone. We need real soccer technocrats. I'm
so sick of their "entropy-inspired disorganised (dis)
organisation"

Long live The Super Eagles....

Typical local warped goatish Nigerian man logic little wonder the country remains undeveloped given the high number of those who like and share this thought pattern. Little or no blame for NFF who wouldn't hold up their side of agreements. A country where such rubbish is considered normal and anyone who refuses to abide by the bullsh*ts is considered stupid coward or incapable has lost every potential of greatness.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by osusuallstars: 9:54am On Feb 26, 2016
zoo and their wahala
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by cardiak(m): 9:55am On Feb 26, 2016
Sharp sharp?
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Yeah... I guess that's why you're in the "minority of those with a degenerated frontal cortex and a dysfunctional optic chiasma".

Did you actually read and understand the post at all?? Don't "stupidly" quote people Mister.

princfred:
Typical local warped goatish Nigerian man logic little wonder the country remains undeveloped given the high number of those who like and share this thought pattern. Little or no blame for NFF who wouldn't hold up their side of agrrenents.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Good riddance!

I think we all knew that Oliseh was a bad choice anyway.

His temper is effervescent and he has an ego with it. The way he went about twitting stuff around revealed his immaturity at handling situations. Other coaches succeeded in this kinds of situations. Keshi was without salary for more than a year yet he still won the Nations Cup against all the odds.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by robosky02(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by Niyinficient(m): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2016
What cud av made dat albino resigned wit weeks to crucial qualifiers against a strong. Opponent? Who in his right sense would do dat? Well, I didn't likke him tho! grin am happy he's gone! Enyeama, captain of live, pls come back!
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by viktagorion: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Somebody should please get us Claude le Roy now, if he's not engaged.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:05am On Feb 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah... I guess that's why you're in the "minority of those with a degenerated frontal cortex and a dysfunctional optic chiasma".

Did you actually read and understand the post at all?? Don't "stupidly" quote people Mister.

Local goat. All your points stink of low mental acumen. Bashing Oliseh for thesame thing any sane coach would have done in parts of the world with sane minds instead of the NFF who are the culprit in this case shows how retarded you and your kind are.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2016
tickles2luv2016:
Make dem employ amuneke,he's cool headed
Yeah employ him and don't pay so he works like a slave while we accuse whites of enslaving us.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by JaaizTech: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2016
princfred:
Shame on all the local Nigeria goats here casticating oliseh fir . I was never a fan of Iliseh but this singular act makes me respect him now. We can't continue with same bullsh*ts from top officials and expect positive change. By the time the next three coach resigns due to sane rubbish from NFF they will straighten up. This is a great achievement and precedence by the coach.NFF should stop there stupid nigeria style management of our game.
I totally concur. NFF wants coaches to perform under such unprofessional circumstances. Oleiseh does not have accept such poor working conditions. Any seasoned professional will resign and walk away. Until they get several of this type of treatment, NFF will not sit up.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Hey uhm... Mister "zero" IQ... Please stay off my mentions okay.

Your lack of understanding shows you require "brain surgery" especially a magnetic transcranial stimulation.

I got no time for crazeclowns like you. Just take a hike or something. Bye. #smiles

princfred:
Local goat. All your points stinck of low mental acumen. Bashing Oliseh for thesame thing any sane coach would have done in parts of the world with sane minds and instead of the NFF who are the culprit in this case shows how retarded you and your kind are.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
FrancisDiote:
Personally I know he is not capable...but in cases like this, the best thing to do is resign...NFF feels they can owe every local coach bt pay and treat foreign coaches well. They should be ashamed of themselves by now. Let's see how they pay foreign coach with a bad economy and lean foreign reserve
Very simple and intelligent submission unlike the local goats here with local Nigeria mentality.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
FrancisDiote:
Personally I know he is not capable...but in cases like this, the best thing to do is resign...NFF feels they can owe every local coach bt pay and treat foreign coaches well. They should be ashamed of themselves by now. Let's see how they pay foreign coach with a bad economy and lean foreign reserve
Very simple and intelligent submission unlike the local goats with local Nigeria mentality.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hey uhm... Mister "zero" IQ... Please stay off my mentions okay.

Your lack of understanding shows you require "brain surgery" especially a magnetic transcranial stimulation.

I got no time for crazeclowns like you. Just take a hike or something. Bye. #smiles

Unfortunately you are the one with stupid Nigeria thought pattern. Always Blane the oppressed and accept rubbish as normal then throw insults to justify your lack of 2nd order logic. Sane countries don't threat their coaches and staff like that hence they are developed unlike your country which will remain in the mud for same logic like you have.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:16am On Feb 26, 2016
domopps:
Nigeria abt to be rated next best twitter users

Why must oliseh resigned on twitter when he got the job in Abuja

Cheeeeeers
He is a coach for Nigeria/Nigerians not for Abuja.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
all this epistle on top oliseh matter,you get time o!
He is a typical Nigeria goat with lots of time and wacko mud inside his skull.
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by SoNature(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Oma307:
Is he serious at all

Have you ever worked for months without pay?
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2016
MrBendel:

The problem Nigerians have is that there are too many ogas and too little followers. The NFF is stillmtreating football matters like a family business where they want to control everything yet they do not even provide the resources to even be in control. The head coach of a national team is the head coach and should be given the independence and resources to work. Simple. Head coach should be respected for his position and not treated like a kid. He head coach should be assessed by his performance and not by personal sentiments. We are still having issues that we have 20 -30 years ago where NFF keeps meddling with the coach's responsibilities, still breach contracts and still owing money. It is because the same old hags with old ideas and old bad habits and behavior are the ones running the NFF. Oliver might not be perfect, might be arrogant or whatever you call him but that is his nature, we knew this from his super eagles days so we shouldn't have expected otherwise but NFF breach of contract....an...this should not be acceptable from NIgerians anymore.
Good one there. The old goats kept the country underdeveloped and transniting iting same thinking process to other. Great one from Oliseh telling them their crappy ways would no longer be tolerated.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by IYANGBALI: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2016
He is now free to be Manchester United coach

LVG MUST GO
Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:23am On Feb 26, 2016
SoNature:

Have you ever worked for months without pay?
Don't mind the local idoits here. Psychologically the man his staff and players will be destroyed by NFF stupid doings and later they will have the audacity to blame and sack him when failure inevitably occurs as a result. May be then share his unpaid salary allowances and that of his staff and players. classic corruption the Nigerian way.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! by princfred(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2016
Goke7:
Oliseh is a baby, why resign when its just a month to a crucial game. Anyway some of us are not surprised as we saw it coming. From day one. Oliseh was a mistake causing all sorts of controversies from the way he disgraced Enyeama out of the team till his senseless rants on YouTube.

The lesson here is that great soccer analysts don't make great coaches, I hope Nff will not go and hire John Barnes now because he speaks good grammar on supersports.

Shame to the likes of Segun Odegbami and the sports journalists who hoodwinked nff to hire Oliseh. I say SHAME!!!!
The lesson here is that you are a goat head like most Nigerians. They should hire Moirinho, Sir Ferguson and Pep, mess with contract and blame them for resigning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi’s Daughter Weds Today (photos) / 10 Football Players With The Most Trophies / Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.