Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. (2969 Views)

Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. / How To Change Your Network From 3g To 4g / Airtel 2g Data Now Cracked To 4g Lte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by obynocute(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
Goodbye to 4G, Welcome 5G-the New Definition of Speed 

It is not uhuru yet for 5G or fifth generation of wireless technology. 4G is still the trend for now but its funeral is nigh as it will soon go moribund and replaced by 5G. In summary, 5G will leapfrog 4G thus making it irrelevant.This is an inevitable future which quite a handful of technology companies like AT&T, Verizon, and Google among others are presently spending billions of dollars to make it a reality. 5G will become the new definition of internet speed. So what does the arrival of 5G into the tech world truly mean? Innovation village identify 4 incredible ideas.

Download movies within 5 seconds 

5G will allow movie addicts to download high-definition movies in less than 10 secs. This is super fast when compared to the 8 minutes it takes 4G to perform the same download. You can see the astonishing gap. But, 5G internet will not come cheap as tech companies will have to install new towers and hardware to enable 20 gigabits per second. The 20 gigabits per second will make it possible to download a full-length in less than 5 seconds. A long way to go but like they say it is not rocket science!

Connect millions of new devices via networking 

Speed may be the focus of fifth generation technology but there are other purposes it is meant for. It can connect millions of new gadgets from smartwatches to wearable technology and other Bluetooth devices. All these gadgets will be linked to your mobile phone thus simplifying the syncing process. It can also help in monitoring your devices through the use of sensors embedded in these devices. Interesting!

Uber will respond extremely fast to cab request

Uber unarguably controls the taxi industry globally. You can request for a Uber cab using their android app. If 4Ginternet is fast for you. It is not fast enough. 5G will ultimately shrink the time in which Uber cabs respond to your cab request. Minutes you can say? But considering the Lagos traffic, it may take a bit of time but the difference will be clear and noticeable. This also goes for driverless cars. The faster the internet speed, the closer we are to driving anonymous cars. Wow!!!

No more complaints about internet speed 

Nigerians lament about the fluctuating internet services they get from telephony companies and other service providers. Your lamentation will soon end as the 5G revelation and revolution will soon take over. You will even be awed by the speed and request Mr. 5G to slow down. But remember, 5G will not come cheap!
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by holarmy10(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Now that's what I call speed.. ..
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by haykay2005: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
3G never stable for Nigeria ,you dey welcome 5G

21 Likes

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by henryutd(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
haykay2005:
3G never stable for Nigeria ,you dey welcome 5G

Don't mind that gworo guy. People are still using Edge and 2g, he is saying goodbye to 4g.

8 Likes

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by gabylzy(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
dis is sad news ooo.. .i neva see 4G once.. .yu dey proclaim 5G

the day 9ja go get subway or underground parking den we av developed

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by iamskiigii(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
LTE hasn't been effective so twill take 2 years to welcome 5G in 9ja
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by KCode: 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Most Nigerians have not tasted 4G, even 3G is still not stable. 5G will begin to roll out in high-end devices. So don't get excited just yet.
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by Youngpo413: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Uwaafid
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by harristo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Naija's current 4G, which is 1 to 10 mbps, is actually 3.5G lol. It will take some years before Naija will get it's first true 4G (100 to 300 mbps).

This should tell you where 5G stands in Naija. Most of you will have started having grey hairs before true 5G will hit Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by annayawchee: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
i go dey manage my 4g.... 5g my left yeansh
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by henryobinna(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
are you saying bye to 4G that you possibly has not used before and welcoming 5G you may never use at least in Nigeria?

what most '4G users' in nigeria use is just 3.5G.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by Qualer: 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
harristo:
Naija's current 4G, which is 1 to 10 mbps, is actually 3.5G lol. It will take some years before Naija will get it's first true 4G (100 to 300 mbps).

This should tell you where 5G stands in Naija. Most of you will have started having grey hairs before true 5G will hit Naija.

THERE IS 4G in the works very soon!

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by DaBullIT(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
harristo:

But why?

You wicked no be small

You just destroy people hope like that
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by bolt000(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
i really dont see this coming to Nigeria anytime soon.. FACT
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by iamfrankenstein(m): 1:20am On Feb 27, 2016
welcome 2d future......I heard d 5G network is now functional in china.can't confirm d claims exactly sha
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by obyrich(m): 6:11am On Feb 27, 2016
Qualer:

THERE IS 4G in the works very soon!
Please what's the latest about this Ntel? When is the scheduled time for its launch?
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by Qualer: 7:04am On Feb 27, 2016
obyrich:
Please what's the latest about this Ntel? When is the scheduled time for its launch?

I have no idea as they have not indicated (they were supposed to launch last november but that didn't happen). But from all indications, it will be before the first half of the year runs out as they still doing test runs.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ntel-makes-first-successful-volte-call-in-nigeria/232988/
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by denedene(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2016
I use 4G but the speed averages between 5kbps-27kbps undecided

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by Marvell23(m): 11:58am On Feb 27, 2016
When we are yetbto have 4G.the 4G in my phantom 5 is onky usefull when i am using smiles 4G.
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by colonelneo: 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
5G....will truely change the world of internet...##make life easy###....
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by jericco1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hmm
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by acenazt: 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
I dey on 3g somebody dey yarn 5g wait when that ntel go show?
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by joseph214(m): 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
I haven't even seen real 4g talk about 5g. Am sure this will be available in the next 20-50yrs.
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by seunlayi(m): 6:37am On Feb 28, 2016
This is interesting while we still struggle to get 3g here

1 Like

Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by meobizy(f): 2:51am On Nov 30, 2018
My problem with most of these types of news is the results are always theoretical. When the facility is implemented one will see their real world performance is less than half of the predictions reported.
Re: Goodbye To 4G, Welcome 5G- The New Definition Of Speed. by Failtech: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2018
Is there anyone who wants to sell Swift SIM with or without Mifi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Tariff Plans & Share And Sell / Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Galaxy S5: Main Differences / It Is Official.... Whatsapp With Cool New Features Now Downloadable On Playstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.