Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

JAMB: Share Your Experience - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: Share Your Experience (59376 Views)

2018/2019 JAMB Exam, Share Your Experience / Share Your Noisemaking Experience In School / JAMB PROVISIONAL ADMISSION; Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Phunmmielurlar: 12:23am On Feb 28, 2016
donsharwama:
Hy, i will b writin mine at crawford university on tuesday. pls can u direct me on hw 2 get 2 d uni frm agbara. thanks

From agbara,jus gt a cab going 2 atan....its on ur right nd its very close 2 d road so it will b easy to c,its after Lusada market
Hope DT ws helpful?
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:
From an exam administrator's perspective I'm interested in knowing how secure the systems used by the examinees were. Was there unrestricted access to the system? Could you load any program you wanted? Say Microsoft paint or solitaire? What browser was used? And did you have access to the browsers menus (file,edit,etc). Did u have access to the browsers navigation buttons (forward and back)? Where shortcut buttons (eg CTRL+ALT+DELETE) functional? Could you close the web browser and relaunch it again? Was there remote monitoring of the computer? Was it one question per screen? Or several questions were asked per screen? Did the English include any comprehension passages? How many? Where they the same for all candidates or did they differ from candidate to candidate? Where there any questions that said something like "use the following diagram to answer questions 13-15"?Is the system connected to the internet?
Are the questions sitting on a server in the LAN for a given centre or do all candidates pull questions from a national central server?
I'm asking all these questions not because I want to hack or violate the integrity of the examination. I feel that there are lot of lapses in how CBTs are conducted in the country with great room for improvement using the right technology and system configuration. So please share your experiences.
I sight u from programing section the exam is done on a browser it is connected to a central server through satellite dish I don't tink its the internet but a private network it use uses TCP/IP protocol sha
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by wandex08: 12:30am On Feb 28, 2016
tottinova:

Chaii
Hope English no dey your jamb combination cus you go WROTE rubbish shocked
i beg free dis guy nah
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by airsaylongcon: 12:36am On Feb 28, 2016
gebhota:
I sight u from programing section the exam is done on a browser it is connected to a central server through satellite dish I don't tink its the internet but a private network it use uses TCP/IP protocol sha

Lol at been sighted from programming forum. Thanks for this info. Regarding the browser so you know if it's Internet explorer or any of the other readily available browsers? Is the browser set up in what is called "kiosk" mode or is it just your regular browser with all the navigation buttons and menus readily available? Are they running of a windows platform or say Linux or OSX?
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by donsharwama(m): 12:36am On Feb 28, 2016
Phunmmielurlar:

From agbara,jus gt a cab going 2 atan....its on ur right nd its very close 2 d road so it will b easy to c,its after Lusada market
Hope DT ws helpful?
Thanks a bunch dear... i appreciate. i dash u 2mrks 4rm my jamb scre. grin
Phunmmielurlar:

Hope DT ws helpful?
Thanks a bunch dear... i appreciate. i dash u 2mrks 4rm my jamb scre.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Phunmmielurlar: 12:40am On Feb 28, 2016
donsharwama:
Thanks a bunch dear... i appreciate. i dash u 2mrks 4rm my jamb scre. grin Thanks a bunch dear... i appreciate. i dash u 2mrks 4rm my jamb scre.

Lolzzzz,tnk u jawe moi broda na sumfyngrin
Glad I could help
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Lol at been sighted from programming forum. Thanks for this info. Regarding the browser so you know if it's Internet explorer or any of the other readily available browsers? Is the browser set up in what is called "kiosk" mode or is it just your regular browser with all the navigation buttons and menus readily available? Are they running of a windows platform or say Linux or OSX?
OSX for DX Nigeria IPO o na windows o it was internet explorer for me I tink u cn use any browser sha cus the IP address is on the address bar its a regular browser dunno wats kiosk mode though
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Reddington(m): 1:14am On Feb 28, 2016
Speechless3:
People still dey write jamb? nawa o
Why not?? Mumu..
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Greatwonders(m): 1:21am On Feb 28, 2016
Pls do the centres in WC those of u who have written start by 9.30 promptly
Because my is on Tuesday in WC I also have exam till 12 which is very important
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by oyinberry(f): 1:39am On Feb 28, 2016
SenatePresdo:
No calculator, and past question wasn't repeated that much.

Goodluck as you write yours

Did i read that well..no calculator
...hmph.That's not true ooo..maybe your subjects didn't need calculation coz im damn sure there is

Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by BeauHomme: 2:17am On Feb 28, 2016
abbertee:
ive score 78 in eng ,when i wrote jamb in 2011

Special centre tnz. Welldone ogrin
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by BeauHomme: 2:25am On Feb 28, 2016
Reddington:

Why not?? Mumu..

And why the insult?
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Bladeripper(m): 3:23am On Feb 28, 2016
sad countinq down tho. March 5th... A.B.U HERE I COME.
Wish'n all of us writing a sound 'SUCCESS'.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by prigoz(m): 4:02am On Feb 28, 2016
What should JAMB candidate be doing here instead of facing his/her studies... smh
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Titidi(f): 5:07am On Feb 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Mozilla Firefox
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by tomiobj(m): 5:23am On Feb 28, 2016
herbie27:
if these whr the questions from forcados den they repeated last yr's questions
not all
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by JayJustus(m): 5:25am On Feb 28, 2016
I wrote jamb 5 years ago and with my 260 and almost 70 I couldn't get into Unilag cos you know
1. no long leg
2. not from the catchment area

so I left them and ran to Burkina Faso
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Fedric(m): 5:37am On Feb 28, 2016
tottinova:

Chaii
Hope English no dey your jamb combination cus you go WROTE rubbish shocked
u aren't better than him.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by SenatePresdo(m): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2016
oyinberry:
Did i read that well..no calculator
...hmph.That's not true ooo..maybe your subjects didn't need calculation coz im damn sure there is

i sat for phy, maths nd chem. the calculator was inside the system and you will have to move the mouse repeatedly just to add up. Such a time killer, so i assumed there wasn't any calculator.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by classiqman(m): 6:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Speechless3:
People still dey write jamb? nawa o

no, Jamb is still writing people. like there are other ways to get admissions fah? Or pple stopped attending Uni again...
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by SenatePresdo(m): 6:33am On Feb 28, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Do you try t check d ram size of the system given to you?

Nigeria self, dem fit run software for 20, mb ram collect money. How mouse dey slow?
i didn't check ram.

The calculator was always minimizing itself. So before you could add up or divide, you will have to scroll down nd bring it up again. Such a time killer.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Okemmuo(m): 6:46am On Feb 28, 2016
refiner:
pls dose dat av written,share ur experience na!....and av u guys seen ur results yet
Aawwnnn.... smiley mine was 8 years ago....pencil nd paper of cos,wish u all the best..
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by zzzzy: 7:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Dalyjay:
dat was b4 bros, not dis generation again, na cbt b dis
lol. If i recall, last year was also cbt. And i noticed the same thing. Check out people scores, you would see scores with odd numbers in subjects other than English.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by jimmy101231(m): 7:17am On Feb 28, 2016
so people l still they write jamb mo sorry fun yin
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Umela: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2016
I wrot mine in 2010
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by dannie007(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2016
A lot of teenagers here on Nairaland, that's why most times we read and see silly comments on Nairaland.

SUPOL:
Wen u talk of jamb I think u mean teenagers.

Are there teenagers on Nairaland?
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by haywhy911(m): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2016
Titidi:
Mozilla Firefox
Hello friendo. Been a while. smiley
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 7:29am On Feb 28, 2016
SenatePresdo:
i didn't check ram.

The calculator was always minimizing itself. So before you could add up or divide, you will have to scroll down nd bring it up again. Such a time killer.

D ram size is very small and running d jamb software and opening another app to it could be disastrous.

E fit even freeze ur system.

Hope u wrote well?
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by tottinova: 7:41am On Feb 28, 2016
Fedric:
u aren't better than him.

I concur undecided
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by SenatePresdo(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2016
Mrbigman1:

D ram size is very small and running d jamb software and opening another app to it could be disastrous.

E fit even freeze ur system.

Hope u wrote well?
i think the ram size is big enough, and the calculator is too inferior to freez a computer.

na godwin o, Still waiting for score.
Re: JAMB: Share Your Experience by Geofavor(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2016
ShyNeptune:
@ Geofavor ..... were calculators allowed?
there was one lame calculator at the bottom, left corner of the screen. So, if you wish to use it, you'll click on it. The calculator is time-wasting, though.

I've seen what you can do, you will blast this exam.

Oboy, the questions they asked on forcados was exactly the same as the ones they asked last year:
10 bonus questions for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / FUTA Final Year Students Storm School In A Grand Style (Photos) / Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.