Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill (1258 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by slowice(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
The governor of kaduna state ,mallam nasri el rufai has sent a bill to the kaduna house of assembly seeking to regulate religious activities in kaduna state. This bill which is mainly targeted at christians seeks to restrict n limits the activities of church. The marching order given to church by the almighty God is to preach n carry the gospel to the ends of earth....any restriction placed on this order is an affront on the church n christians all around Nigeria should react aggressively n approprately. One of the restrictions on d said bill that I can quickly remember is d licensing of preachers which further states that the preacher must have a phd in theology before he could get the license to preach the good news. If this is done, abt 95% of gospel preachers in d state ll be unable to carry out the mandate that our Lord God has given us as christians yet somehw some us re still unable to see the evil in such bill n some even rationalise it n to think that the people who do this re fellow christians breaks my heart. If we Look around the world today we ll observe that in parts of the world where the church is being regulated, it has weakened the church significantly.....a quick example is the UK where lots of church has been converted to bars,homes n night clubs cos too much regulation imposed on the church has weakened it. What el rufai is proposing is delibrate n we must resist it vehemently else some other states in d north ll follow suit and then the purpose of d church must ve been successfully defeated in the north. Christians WAKE UP this is real.
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Now, hear this: Just as your body needs vitamin, genuine Christianity needs persecution to thrive. In persecution, the fake ones die off. We need more persecution of Christianity to revive the early church spirituality instead of having the present crop of 419ers who call themselves 'pastors' and actually deceive themselves into thinking they are. 'Pastor' means a shepherd who should take care of the sheep; but most of the 'pastors' of today actually feed on the lamb. I have a million stories to tell concerning this, but they'd come in due course.

1 Like

Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by eyeview: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
I read with dismay the bill which El-rufai has sent to the Kaduna state house of assembly to control the 'licensing of pastors' and regulation of the duration they can speak on the pulpit etc. How that bill has passed second reading still beats me.
But I had expected the christian communities and the clerics to arise early and voice out against it and probably fast and pray for God's intervention while they do what they can humanly to stop the bill(eg,peaceful protests,lobbys,sensitization,etc) but instead they characteristically keep quiet. When its passed into law and its enforcement starts,they'll start crying persecution.
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by kestolove95(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Religion...the opium of d masses.

1 Like

Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by dhardline(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
And no bill has been passed concerning the killings by fulani herds men by restricting their

movement.Now i know that this country is in really big problem and the time for us all to wake up

is NOW.

1 Like

Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
end time bill, i thought there is freedom of worship in Nigeria,where is CAN
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by orisa37: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
The Bill should be made open for Public Debate before it goes further or ElRufai might be establishing a State safe for Saksaky, Shiites, bokoharam, Fulani Herdsmen atrocities etc..

1 Like

Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by unphilaz(m): 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
slowice:
The governor of kaduna state ,mallam nasri el rufai has sent a bill to the kaduna house of assembly seeking to regulate religious activities in kaduna state. This bill which is mainly targeted at christians seeks to restrict n limits the activities of church. The marching order given to church by the almighty God is to preach n carry the gospel to the ends of earth....any restriction placed on this order is an affront on the church n christians all around Nigeria should react aggressively n approprately. One of the restrictions on d said bill that I can quickly remember is d licensing of preachers which further states that the preacher must have a phd in theology before he could get the license to preach the good news. If this is done, abt 95% of gospel preachers in d state ll be unable to carry out the mandate that our Lord God has given us as christians yet somehw some us re still unable to see the evil in such bill n some even rationalise it n to think that the people who do this re fellow christians breaks my heart. If we Look around the world today we ll observe that in parts of the world where the church is being regulated, it has weakened the church significantly.....a quick example is the UK where lots of church has been converted to bars,homes n night clubs cos too much regulation imposed on the church has weakened it. What el rufai is proposing is delibrate n we must resist it vehemently else some other states in d north ll follow suit and then the purpose of d church must ve been successfully defeated in the north. Christians WAKE UP this is real.

hehe bros have you heard of facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc. Educate yourself on how to use this media to reach others for Christ. Its borderless, its end-time means so get busy and educate yaself... elrufai cannot stop the Gospel of Grace. Shikena!!!
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by zzzzy: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Freelanswer:
Now, hear this: Just as your body needs vitamin, genuine Christianity needs persecution to thrive. In persecution, the fake ones die off. We need more persecution of Christianity to revive the early church spirituality instead of having the present crop of 419ers who call themselves 'pastors' and actually deceive themselves into thinking they are. 'Pastor' means a shepherd who should take care of the sheep; but most of the 'pastors' of today actually feed on the lamb. I have a million stories to tell concerning this, but they'd come in due course.
you are definitely right. The bible didn't say in mat 5:11 blessed are you if... It said blessed are you when... That shows that Christians must be persecuted.
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by K9blunt(f): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
If I could give el rufai a strong handshake for this bill......... I will! grin

Now op;
1 - theamount of churches springing up in the name of spreading the so called gospel is too much! There are many people looking for shelters but because of Christians, people looking for shelters can't find one. How would you justify a one room apartment that could at most shelter an undergraduate or a bachelor/spinster , earning less than 50k per month to afford such apartment because the greedy landlord has seen an illiterate pastor that can pay over 100k per year for that apartment. The you say its for the lord. Pulease!

2 - tell me op, why Christians are becoming a nuisance in our community? A labourer comes home late at night from his/her hustle then thinking that he/she will get a good night sleep, but no! The speaker blasting from the new church next street is making the head explode and the hustler is still expected to wake up early in the morning the next day for another routine of working to survive. No they can't complain because the pastor is preaching for God.

3 - the amount of fake pastors is too much, tell us op. How come your god is only giving ministrations and not common sense to these so-called men of god? Therefore one can't differentiate between a genuine and a fake pastor. Getting a digree in theology should not be a problem if you want to serve your god so stop complaining.

Finally as for the churches turning into bars and strippers clubs , you should know that the same people that colonized you using religion has advanced , they know that religion and the idea of a supreme being was just a fairy tale , so what is the need of wasting space over a fiction, they have better use for such buildings and heck! They have taxes to pay and your sky daddy ain't helping them.

I wish el rufai was the President because of this. grin
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by slowice(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
The fact that the bible talked abt christians being persecuted doesn't mean that christians should do nothing to protect the gospel if they could......isn't that hopeless living? The world is delibrately working hard to swallow the church cos they understand d bible even more than we do...the devil is using ppl to cage the gospel n we must resist it....but if church lay down like a lamb waiting to be slaugthered then what good ve we done to d gospel?

And for those talking abt fake pastors n their churches pls read matt. 13 v 24-30...n don't forget....judgement is God's exclusive.
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by CoolUsername: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
This bill is not targeted at Christians only, but it admittedly contains a lot of asinine regulations.

[url=leadership.ng/news/503390/el-rufai-moves-regulate-religious-preaching-kaduna]See for yourself.[/url]
Re: Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill by Kay17: 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
The Bill is unconstitutional if it limits free speech.

(1) (Reply)

The Gospel Of The Kingdom Vs The Gospel Of Grace ( Part 1) - Jack Kelley / God's Original Plan For Mankind / Prophet Felix Oluyemi (babaolomi) 1960-2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.