Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) (46248 Views)

Monitor Lizard Disturbing My Neighborhood Killed At Last(pix) / Giant Monitor Lizard Captured In Lekki Today And Slaughtered In No Time / See The Lizard With Funny Tail I Saw Close To My Lab, Today. (2) (3) (4)

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
End time lizard

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by NaLaugh: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
That's just an albino lizard.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by eleko1: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dnt cook/fry the god undecided

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by ahamonyeka(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
I can only see flowers and a fallen flower on the ground that has the shape of a lizard.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Raymee(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
How lovely is the lizard? Una sabi polish story.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Tpave(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pigmentation issue
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by jjcena(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
Let's just name it LIZBINO

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
yusufu16:
Your village witches are after you
Say waiting i do na
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by youngchizi(m): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
if na oyibo now them go turn am to some thing special sharp sharp
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by assana: 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oooops dat lizzybaby grin @ Op angel came to visit u inform of a lizard grin undecided lipsrsealed
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by sotall(m): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
That is an albino lizard ....

Also due to the dynamic nature of the environment, it may also be as a result of mutation.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
The lizard fall inside white paint....

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by skyman200(m): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
Is end tym lizard hmmmm
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by habsydiamond(m): 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
O boy run for your life ooooooo. White lizard or white wizard.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by danidee10(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Op Gerrara hia!!!!.....it wasn't looking at u....u were looking at it, the angle of the picture says it all
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by EuDavies(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na heat wan finish d lizard, check well d lizard had to apply dusting powder. Lolz.

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by luke10: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
amtaken:
Where is it?
See am there now.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Haa op, they have finally found you. Witches from your village, op, better visit mountain of fire.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Juell(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
It's just shedding or renewing it's skin O, see the patch on it's back.

Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by phreakabit(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
I would say Albinism, but how do we explain the dark patch along its back?
I would say a this might be another breed or specie.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
na angel
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
introvertious:
Bleaching cream madness has gotten to d animal kingdom.
this one got me LOLING grin
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by sukkot: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
edom the white lacerta
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by ify2nyce(f): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
don't believe undecided
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Dexema(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
calliope:
@op it is called polymorphism... kinda of evolutionary change, where mutation occur in genotype, it usually function to retain variety of form in a population living in a varied environment, conclusively it's where a particular specie changes its colour due to adaption to it environment........
Read more on evolutionary biology u understand beta.
@calliope, I doubt if the Lizard is a polymorph, to determine though we would have to carry out sampling of the area where it was found to determine if other Lizards of same species are exhibiting such traits, for me, I would go for a genetic explanation for this secluded sample. or maybe it's just another cryptic specie showing up.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Were b d lizard undecided
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by calliope(f): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dexema:
@calliope, I doubt if the Lizard is a polymorph, to determine though we would have to carry out sampling of the area where it was found to determine if other Lizards of same species are exhibiting such traits, for me, I would go for a genetic explanation for this secluded sample. or maybe it's just another cryptic specie showing up.
sure right, I gave an opinion based on the op discovery, maybe? It more of a case study...... I wouldn't knw unless we carry out a research....
Are u up for Dat.
Smiles
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by airsaylongcon: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
calliope:
@op it is called polymorphism... kinda of evolutionary change, where mutation occur in genotype, it usually function to retain variety of form in a population living in a varied environment, conclusively it's where a particular specie changes its colour due to adaption to it environment........

Is this why we have albino humans? Polymorphism?
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by sarutobie(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
calliope:
Evolution is a whitewashed lie.
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
SUPOL:
Abino Lizard

ALBINO!!!
Re: See The White Lizard I Saw Today (photo) by Archmage(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
it shed off its skin before the right time

Top5 Most Dangerous Animals In The World / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / Africa's Oldest Known Dinosaur That Roamed Zimbabwe 230 Million Years Ago (Pics)