Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? (1233 Views)

For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site / SEO For Bloggers: How To Nail The Optimization Process For Your Posts - Climax / Browsers'ad Block: Bloggers, How Do You Make Your Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
So....I read somewhere on digital point forum that you cannot go to google to just lift a photo and put in your site. I am guilty of this. I used to get some free images from pixabay.com, but the picture reserviore there is limited so I resorted to google.

Wanna ask, how do you get photos for you site, since you could be served with a warning and your site taken down by your host if they get a warning from the infringed website.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by utytill(m): 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari just appoint PA for picshure matter,u dey here d ask queshion?u sef.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 6:52am On Feb 29, 2016
utytill:

Its important o. You know one has to be careful with all these plagiarism things. Else one hungry blogger will wait until you hammer and then slam you with a copyright infringement suit.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by silkytouch(m): 7:00am On Feb 29, 2016
Nairaland seems to be a playground for some of you guys, a serious minded person is here asking a reasonable question and instead of you contributing something reasonable or just read and stay mute, you decided to make it all a joke. Joker!
utytill:
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by EntclassBlog(m): 7:03am On Feb 29, 2016
It depends on niche... For tech, we make our pics ourselves through screenshots. And sometimes from a source...
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by lakes99: 12:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Godmother:
So....I read somewhere on digital point forum that you cannot go to google to just lift a photo and put in your site. I am guilty of this. I used to get some free images from pixabay.com, but the picture reserviore there is limited so I resorted to google.

Wanna ask, how do you get photos for you site, since you could be served with a warning and your site taken down by your host if they get a warning from the infringed website.

yea....depends on niche..if u r for entertainment .....u can easily visit ur target twitter, I.G handle to get d needed pics by downloadin or snippin tool it, u can as wel get pictures from videos using vlc screenshot........
with dat nobody can come calling for infringmnt sh!t grin grin

if i may ask............ whats ur site abt??
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 1:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
lakes99:

yea....depends on niche..if u r for entertainment .....u can easily visit ur target twitter, I.G handle to get d needed pics by downloadin or snippin tool it, u can as wel get pictures from videos using vlc screenshot........
with dat nobody can come calling for infringmnt sh!t grin grin

if i may ask............ whats ur site abt??

Ok, thanks for replying. My site is on women issues, news, lifestyle, and health tips. I get my photos straight from google which is why I'm a bit scared.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Brainaic(m): 4:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
I think you can still get images from Google but what's important is giving credits.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by agentowolabi47(m): 7:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
You Google the image,
after changing the tab to images
You then navigate to advanced search settings on the upper right corner.
In the advanced search settings, there is a section for copyright and privacy settings or so.
You then tick options to exclude copyrighted images from your search.
Then save the settings.
This is best done on a p.c.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 9:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
agentowolabi47:
You Google the image,
after changing the tab to images
You then navigate to advanced search settings on the upper right corner.
In the advanced search settings, there is a section for copyright and privacy settings or so.
You then tick options to exclude copyrighted images from your search.
Then save the settings.
This is best done on a p.c.

Ok, thanks for this tip. Will try it out.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 9:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
silkytouch:
Nairaland seems to be a playground for some of you guys, a serious minded person is here asking a reasonable question and instead of you contributing something reasonable or just read and stay mute, you decided to make it all a joke. Joker!

Thank you jare. Pls don't mind him. Don't think he's a blogger or he would know how important this question is.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Horlaarsco: 6:42am On Mar 01, 2016
Godmother:

I use pixabay.com
on all my featured image on techgoon.com
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by Godmother(f): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2016
Horlaarsco:

I use pixabay.com
on all my featured image on techgoon.com

Pixabay is a great site, but there are times when you don't get the pics you want and that's when I go to Google but no more.
Re: Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? by midasbliss(f): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2016
pixabay is awesome... photopin designerspic

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Want To Start Blogging? I Will Help You Setup A Blog / What Is Wrong With This Logo? / Pls How Do I Create A Squeeze Page With Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.