Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,977 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site (4541 Views)

How To Secure Your Google Advertise Account From Blocking / Bloggers: How Do You Monitor The Web For Latest News / Rules That Needs To Be Obeyed To Avoid Google From Blocking Ur Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:15am On Nov 22, 2017
Recently, advertisements (ads) has becomes enemies to many internet users and hence the technology to stop ads like Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads from displaying on web browsers.

Last year, adblocking increased by more than 40% globally and there are currently over 200 million active users using adblockers all around the world mostly from America and Europe.

If you are a blogger and internet marketer who display ads on your site and your targeted traffic are these areas, then you are likely to loose sales and money because many internet browsers from that area have ads display disabled on their web browser.

Well, for WordPress bloggers there’s a solution for you to prevent Adblocker.

There are good plugins that make your viewers with adblock on whitelist your website.

Let’s look at the one we are currently using for Brainnews NG, it’s called Simple Adblock Notice by Shrinivas Naik.

When a viewer with adblock turned on opens your site, the plugin simply alert the user that there’s Adblock turn on and ask the user to whitelist the website or turn the adblock off.

See screenshot below:

Source: https://www.brainnewsng.com/for-bloggers-how-to-stop-your-site-viewers-from-using-adblocker-software

2 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:46am On Nov 22, 2017
Chairman chief executive Land Grabber Association Of Nigeria (LGAN)
this land is not for sale. I have nothing to say, maybe poster below me might have
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Chuksteric(m): 6:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Nigerians eh
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Spiritmask: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Ok
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by psp2pc(m): 6:48am On Nov 22, 2017
I hate ads

6 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by aieromon(m): 6:48am On Nov 22, 2017
If I visit your site and you tell me to disable my ad blocker,I just simply exit the website,period!

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by kinglekiss(m): 6:49am On Nov 22, 2017
Ok
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by wale377(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2017
This doesn’t make sense na mr man
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 22, 2017
Jokers. Make blogger go find work do

5 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
If I visit your site and you tell me to disable my ad locker,I just simply exit the website,period!

Same here, there's nothing special or exclusive to any blog that can't be read or gotten elsewhere

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by yung6ixxxxxx(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2017
I don't like this plugin,I think there are ways to place ads on your website without annoying ur readers,look at nairaland for example,d ads are dere but its almost as if it isnt

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Doerstech(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2017
Good one
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by HARDDON: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
If I visit your site and you tell me to disable my ad locker,I just simply exit the website,period!

Simples!

There is a reason The adblocker was installed and go whitelisting every site with ads defeats that sole purpose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Dosmay(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2017
Where's the tutorial?
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by udemzyudex(m): 7:00am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:

Funny, have you search for something online and you couldn't get exactly what you want and your mind tells you this particular blog will have it, on getting there the blog tells you to disable block ads, will you just turn your back and go?

From what I noticed, the feature tend to block pop up ads mostly and not all this banner ads.

Simply unlock, read and lock it back after reading if you so want the information.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by k199192: 7:02am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
not when that site is o2tvseries where you get the latest TV series. you just have to turn the damn blocker off.

9 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by finnestdope(m): 7:11am On Nov 22, 2017
I can Neva disable my ad just to visit a site, I only choose to if I want.

And if I should get notification to disable ad on ur site, am closing the tab immediately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
gbam!
exactly why I love my avast browser, it blocks all them shïtty ads. sigh

5 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Youngzedd(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2017
udemzyudex:

Funny, have you search for something online and you couldn't get exactly what you want and your mind tells you this particular blog will have it, on getting there the blog tells you to disable block ads, will you just turn your back and go?

From what I noticed, the feature tend to block pop up ads mostly and not all this banner ads.

Simply unlock, read and lock it back after reading if you so want the information.

It blocks Google adsense which isn't a pop up ad. By default many browsers block pop up ad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Youngzedd(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2017
yeyerolling:
Jokers. Make blogger go find work do

How many Jobs have your President created and how many has been lost under him?
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by udemzyudex(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2017
Youngzedd:

It blocks Google adsense which isn't a pop up ad. By default many browsers block pop up ad.

Hmmm
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Horlufemi(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2017
If you tell me to unblock. I just close your site afterall there's nothing you have that you didn't get somewhere else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by NCP: 7:20am On Nov 22, 2017
I block all Ads and have no regrets doing it.
Invasion of my private space by unsolicited ads is not welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by mathias32(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2017
so someone can not block Ads in peace?

4 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Syphonn(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2017
This is hate, abi dem no want make we chop? After reading our paid and sometimes well written and researched post. God will judge them

3 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Offpoint: 7:30am On Nov 22, 2017
if I hear Sey I no exit your site at once... you don't know how much I hate ads.
my system blocks every ads both pop and others....
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by EvilMetahuman: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
If I visit your site and you tell me to disable my ad blocker,I just simply exit the website,period!
lol I dey tell you

I don't even waste 10 seconds on such site.

Plus there are also ways to block pop up like that.

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2017
Bad advice. What I'm looking for is how to stop PPC ads displaying on my site www.mortalpoet.com. I can't be doing free adverts for anyone who's getting popular with the impression I dish out.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by biuti(f): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2017
Syphonn:
This is hate, abi dem no want make we chop? After reading our paid and sometimes well written and researched post. God will judge them

Lol, don't mind them all. They want free info without thinking of how to give back to the provider.

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 22, 2017
NCP:
I block all Ads and have no regrets doing it.

Invasion of my private space by unsolicited ads is not welcomed.
And you think its fair to the blogger whose blog you frequent to get informed/entertained..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of This Hosting Plans Should I Go For For My New Blog? / How To Create Great Content Ideas For Your Blog? / JUST In:how To Get 1gb Etisalat Data With Just 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.