Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? (11570 Views)

It Is Better Not To Be Employed Than To Be In A Wrong Place / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st / Fg Should Also Have A Registration Programme For The Under-employed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by fyneboi79(m): 12:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
By under employment the english dictionary defines it as "working in a job where you can't use all your skills or where there is not enough work for you to do".
And to be self employed we know it means for us to start something of our own to generate income. Most times our passion comes to play. But a good percentage of Nigerian graduates are under employed. Doctors and engineers working in banks. English and economics graduates becoming teachers even though they didn't study under education and lots more too numerous to mention. I was under employed but I quit February 8 to pursue my own dreams. Though they want me to come back but I really want what's best for my future so I am turning down the offer. What would you do if faced with under employment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by fyneboi79(m): 9:58am On Mar 01, 2016
Seems everyone is now self employed? Well that's good!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by modik(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2016
fyneboi79:
Seems everyone is now self employed? Well that's good!

My response:

"You have a roof over your head because somebody was courageous to start the foundation, you have a mango and orange to lick because somebody planted a seed, also you have an office to work in simply because somebody started a business"

Bottom line : Live your dream else your dream will leave you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by fyneboi79(m): 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
modik:

My response:

"You have a roof over your head because somebody was courageous to start the foundation, you have a mango and orange to leak because somebody planted a seed, also you have an office to work in simply because somebody started a business"

Bottom line : Live your dream else your dream will leave you.
I concur

8 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Moyosoreola(m): 7:38am On Mar 02, 2016
The problem is people are neither under employed nor self employed...the economy is rumbling an average graduate life....me am short paid employed...

5 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by jashar(f): 8:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Please, what's the term used for working for so little pay? Is that one 'under-empoyment' too?

Cuz I think that's the category most people fall into.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by bro4u: 8:43am On Mar 02, 2016
Being the boss of yourself is the best form of employment, I don't expect
people to troop in here with the ideology of self-employment being bad.

Being self employed gives you the chance of being your own boss, thereby employing others and also employ others, if Dangote waited for white-collar job, the fate of the employees he has now would have been undescribeable.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2016
I prefer self employment. However it takes some capital to be self employed which can be sourced from underemployment!

7 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2016
There's nothing as good as wake up in d morning eat breakfast ( not with rush) enter ur car n drive to your OWN place of work. If you want to be wealth be self employed

7 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by MadCow1: 8:44am On Mar 02, 2016
huh
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by folks4luv(f): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2016
guess it depends on individual differences. I will like to b self employed, but then I need to learn d rope therefore I need a job first in order to seek exposure n properly direct my passion. some are working to b able to get money to start something on their own. but d bottomline is, we all can't b self employed. but if you think you are under employed, continue to seek for a befitting job

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by babyfaceafrica: 8:45am On Mar 02, 2016
None

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by shapman: 8:45am On Mar 02, 2016
Our father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom cometh...

Give us this day our daily bread...

And God will be like: look at Olajumoke, be like Olajumoke

Work hard, ball hard.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Yeecar(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2016
Self employment pays .

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2016
jashar:
Please, what's the term used for working for so little pay? Is that one 'under-empoyment' too?

Cuz I think that's the category most people fall into.

When your salary does not worth your qualifications you are under employed. If you a degree holder but working as a gateman you are underemployed

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by vipez(f): 8:46am On Mar 02, 2016
my mahn, I'ld rather be self employed ooo. but capital maters

if na vice versa, na anytime sack letter fit come.

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Sijo01(f): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2016
Op, your definition of underemployed is incomplete!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2016
shapman:
Our father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom cometh...

Give us this day our daily bread...

And God will be like: look at Olajumoke, be like Olajumoke

Work hard, ball hard.

Olajumoke is one in a thousands of people balling more harder! Its not by hard work but by grace and favor

6 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by funkyrash(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2016
If the self employment fetches enough dough, I think am good with that!

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by parzdor(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2016
was
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by jashar(f): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:

When your salary does not worth your qualifications you are under employed. If you a degree holder but working as a gateman you are underemployed
Ok. Cuz that definition wasn't included in the write-up.

I'm under-employed .oh gooossshhh cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by herkeym001(m): 8:52am On Mar 02, 2016
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by ShitHead(m): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2016
I want to be underemployed...under a beautiful lady. Nothing more fufiling like a strawberry P***y...heavenly. O yes baby!!!!!
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Smellymouth: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Self employed all the way..

The only time I worked with a coy was during my NYSC days back den in 2011.. Nothing as cool as bin ur own boss cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Viktor1983(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2016
Self employment is key
Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by joey150(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2016
Make shell employ me with like 700k monthly...then na me go dey reach office first...

Na every self employed they make that kind money?

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2016
The word CAPITAL is what is dulling things
vipez:
my mahn, I'ld rather be self employed ooo. but capital maters

if na vice versa, na anytime sack letter fit come.

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by Trillyonaire: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2016
Under-self employed plenty o

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Be Under Employed Than Self Employed? by vicstar(m): 9:02am On Mar 02, 2016
the best business is minding your own business angry anytime any day!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Seekers, Is This A Red Flag? Kidnappers Alert! / Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? / Powell Global Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.