Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Mercedes C220 Engine Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes C220 Engine Issues (973 Views)

Opel Vectra Engine Issues / Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues / 2001-02 Toyota Avensis Or 1999-00 C Class(c180-c220) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by oyejohn: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
There is a Benz C220 that has an engine that has knocked and I want to to buy it and put in order. The seller said the key got lost and cut another one and it was faulty and thereby affected the engine.
I was told that if I change the engine and gear that it will be ok.
Please note also that it is a diesel engine and I hope to convert to petrol
Thanks all am sure I can't go wrong here
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by ikubch(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
oyejohn:
There is a Benz C220 that has an engine that has knocked and I want to to buy it and put in order. The seller said the key got lost and cut another one and it was faulty and thereby affected the engine.
Buy it for 50k and nothing more I don't want to know the year. You have a hell of fixing to do. Tell them you are buying the body and negotiate it as such!
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by mayor2013: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
oyejohn:

Jumping from frypan to fire. Even the best automobile engineer here on car talk session won't rescue you on this kind of decision. Good luck on your conversion
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Mar 02, 2016
oyejohn:

Why not simply buy a Petrol engine? You buy this faulty one and the car pass your power, would be a waste of your hard earned cash!!!
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by Ladipodeal: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2016
Diesel engine W202 is sold for about 75k. The problem will be getting a reliable one as sellers often sell off the nozzles/rail switch and replace with faulty ones when they demand.
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46am On Mar 02, 2016
oyejohn:

DO not be deceived, you will change much more than just engine and gear if you want to convert. You will replace ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ENGINE ECU, TRANSMISSION ECU, ENGINE/TRANSMISSION HARNESS, FUEL DELIVERY ISSUES. That's a minimum. There are other unforeseen expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by portacabin: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
I advise you replace the engine with a good diesel engine and enjoy the car. Have been looking for such cars for long. Diesel cars are really economical
Re: Mercedes C220 Engine Issues by phibetakappa: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Please find another car. The cost of changing and conversion will be too much in the long run.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Mercedes-amg GLC 43 4MATIC REVIEW / A Very Neat Golf 3 For Sale. / N32m 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Targa Spotted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.