Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues (1200 Views)

Ford Ranger Develops Engine Issues. / Please Help Needed Toyota Corolla 2007 LE Or Toyota Camry 2005 SE / Experienced Uber/bolt Driver Needed - Toyota Corrolla 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by olisaemeka1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Good afternoon house a family friend is having issues with his truck a 2008/2009 Toyota tacoma ..He recently purchased the truck and after registration travelled from Jos to Abuja with it ..on coming back to Jos the engine knocked ..the mechanics that opened it told him it was the bearing ...so they bought a new bearing and the engine started working again ...that weekend he travelled again to Abuja and on coming back again the engine knocked ..according to the mechanics same bearing issue ...another bearing was bought but this time the crankshaft had to be cut to 020 ...now the engine has knocked again and this time his mechanics said the the bearing and three con rods have been affected ...this whole events occurred in less than a month ...he is considering still repairing the bearings and conrods still as he said his mechanic says he should buy direct tOKs crankshaft and bearing ( couple back)as his mechanic calls it ...I told him to just change the engine ...but he said a new engine would eat up his pocket and he needs the truck up and running again ...pls experts is there a solution asides an engine change.

#ps# please pardon any grammatical errors as I have told the story exactly as I was told .

Pls find attached pix of the car and engine .....it's a 1GR engine.

Re: Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by olisaemeka1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
Truck is In jos ....all advice and constructive criticism is welcome..

Re: Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by honmusa(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
change the engine ,it has suffered enough abuse unless your friend delight in turning himself to kazeem atm
Re: Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by timifakay(m): 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
olisaemeka1:
Good afternoon house a family friend is having issues with his truck a 2008/2009 Toyota tacoma ..He recently purchased the truck and after registration travelled from Jos to Abuja with it ..on coming back to Jos the engine knocked ..the mechanics that opened it told him it was the bearing ...so they bought a new bearing and the engine started working again ...that weekend he travelled again to Abuja and on coming back again the engine knocked ..according to the mechanics same bearing issue ...another bearing was bought but this time the crankshaft had to be cut to 020 ...now the engine has knocked again and this time his mechanics said the the bearing and three con rods have been affected ...this whole events occurred in less than a month ...he is considering still repairing the bearings and conrods still as he said his mechanic says he should buy direct tOKs crankshaft and bearing ( couple back)as his mechanic calls it ...I told him to just change the engine ...but he said a new engine would eat up his pocket and he needs the truck up and running again ...pls experts is there a solution asides an engine change.

#ps# please pardon any grammatical errors as I have told the story exactly as I was told .

Pls find attached pix of the car and engine .....it's a 1GR engine.
Complete tokunboh engine is his best bet.
Re: Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by mayor2013: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
1GR-FE. Close to 1m. Best bet is to have that engine changed. When you are asked to use the right specification of engine oil there is a reason cry
Re: Urgent Help Needed .....toyota Tacoma Engine Issues by olisaemeka1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
mayor2013:
1GR-FE. Close to 1m. Best bet is to have that engine changed. When you are asked to use the right specification of engine oil there is a reason cry
thanks all who have contributed I would reiterate it to him for an engine change .......though more suggestions would be welcome

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Wisely / RAV4 2002 ISSUE / Save Me From Ending Up In Jail Or Burning Me Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.