Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Skype Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Skype Interview (2016 Views)

Luminous Skype Interview / HDS Skype Interview / Forex Rally Skype Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
I was scheduled for a Skype interview this week. Now, the dilemma is that I use a BB10 Device which doesn't support th skype app. All cafés here do not support video calls and the only one that does, is being used as jamb centre. Please anyone has an idea what the do?

1 Like

Re: Skype Interview by browncolysis(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
my android Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 do support Skype & I make video call as well so I suggest you look for someone close by, that has android that support skype & video call, download skype, log in or create an account, that will help.
Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thanks a lot. I have a Skype account, although no access to any android phone except a Tecno M5, dos small Tecno androids 4.0 dem.
Don't think it supports video calls
Re: Skype Interview by browncolysis(m): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
if your techno M5 has a front camera it might support video call, or internet call, try to check since it's 4.0 it suppose to work.
Re: Skype Interview by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Skype interviews are normally just voice calls (video not involved. You'll probably have a one-on-one physical interview if you're successful to the last stage), don't fret.

In my experience Skype calls are superior in quality than any of WhatsApp, BBM or Facebook Messenger calls.
Re: Skype Interview by kolexepana: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Thanks a lot. I have a Skype account, although no access to any android phone except a Tecno M5, dos small Tecno androids 4.0 dem.
Don't think it supports video calls
It actually does.
Re: Skype Interview by ksstroud: 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
I was scheduled for a Skype interview this week. Now, the dilemma is that I use a BB10 Device which doesn't support th skype app. All cafés here do not support video calls and the only one that does, is being used as jamb centre. Please anyone has an idea what the do?

In as I much as you can access your account on that gadget, you are still good to go... Tis not all Skype interview that needs videoing...The caller will understand ,unless they specify video capturing for your interview...
Re: Skype Interview by jarrot(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Which of the BB10 device do you use?
Cos I know BB10 devices do support Skype app both voice & video calls. I use BlackBerry Q10, and it works fine

3 Likes

Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thanks y'all for the contributions. It's an international firm and the interviewer is in Ghana, that's why video call was specified. I'll try out my Tecno and see how it works.
Thanks y'all
Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
jarrot:

Cos I know BB10 devices do support Skype app both voice & video calls. I use BlackBerry Q10, and it works fine
I use a Q10 also, it doesn't support it. I even have the Apk version, still not working.
How do you do it?
Re: Skype Interview by jarrot(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

I use a Q10 also, it doesn't support it. I even have the Apk version, still not working.
How do you do it?

You don't need the Apk version, download it from BlackBerry world, register and u are good to go
Re: Skype Interview by Fortune02(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
BB10 supports Skype app. Just make sure your OS is up to date for smooth running of apk apps. Download the app and register. Then you are good to go. wink
Re: Skype Interview by Fortune02(m): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Go get your job
Re: Skype Interview by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Since you know the day the interview is going to take place, why not just borrow any of your friend's phone that supports video calling on Skype? undecided
Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2016
jarrot:

I tried my Tecno M5. I think it works, but I don't have any skype number to call to test it.
Could you gimme your skype address so I can call you for a test run?
Thanks
Re: Skype Interview by jarrot(m): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

I tried my Tecno M5. I think it works, but I don't have any skype number to call to test it.
Could you gimme your skype address so I can call you for a test run?
Thanks

Drop yours, I will call you
Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2016
jarrot:

Drop yours, I will call you
Oh, of course.
Yayyy!

Thanks for the help. My Skype is working. Thanks a lot
Now I can focus on prepping for the interview
Re: Skype Interview by jarrot(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Oh, of course.
Yayyy!

Thanks for the help. My Skype is working. Thanks a lot
Now I can focus on prepping for the interview

Don't mention
Best wishes as you face your interview.

1 Like

Re: Skype Interview by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
jarrot:

Don't mention
Best wishes as you face your interview.

Thanks
Re: Skype Interview by petiteee(f): 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

How do you do it?
is your BlackBerry 10 updated? Coz I know it supports skype

(1) (Reply)

Farm Manager Needed, Salary 120-150k Monthly / INTERVIEW / How To Apply For Federal Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.