Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

6 Things You Should Never Ever Say To Your Partner During A Fight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Things You Should Never Ever Say To Your Partner During A Fight (607 Views)

5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child / 6 Things To Never Have In Your Home / What To Do If Your Partner Is Avoiding You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Never Ever Say To Your Partner During A Fight by Fimbosky01: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
6 THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER SAY TO YOUR PARTNER DURING A FIGHT..

Things you should never ever say to your partner – Every couple have arguments and misunderstandings. They often bring people closer, eventually. But if handled wrongly, they could put an end to a relationship. It is important to fight fair and communicate your feelings effectively instead of just lashing out.

Below are five statements that are more likely to cause more harm to your relationship;

1. “You Always” or “You Never”: You might feel the urge to say something like,“you never respect me” or “You always choose your friends over me,” during a fight when trying to make your point. But this will only end up making your partner aggressive and you will be unable to get the reaction you were hoping for. Instead of words like these, how about saying “I know you are trying your best but I wish you would show me more respect.” This way, you are acknowledging their effort while telling them what you need. This is more likely to get a positive response.

2. “I do not want to talk about this anymore”: Walking out on a fight or just abruptly shutting your partner down while in the middle of an argument or discussion will only serve to hurt them more. If you must postpone the conversation, do it in such a way that you both come to the agreement to discuss some other time.

3. “Can’t you be more like..”: No one likes to be compared to other people. It does not matter if you are trying to make a point. Saying things like “Why can’t you be more like my friend’s wife/husband..” will not go down well with your partner.
If there is a
Read more @
miclicks.com/articles

(1) (Reply)

POP ( Plaster Of Paris) , Wall Screeding And Window Artwork / Brides of 2016. Win A Free Honeymoon To Zanzibar! / 8 Steps To Be Strong After A Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.